SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2013, 22:30   #1
Gearheadmd

Glock 22 not trigger safety not resetting

Hello
I just bought a Glock 22. I wanted to upgrade the mushy trigger so I put in a ghost evo elite connector, 6lb trigger spring, and a 4lb firing pin spring. I also did what some are referring to as a "25 cent trigger" upgrade. The trigger resets now and is much better now but it still doesn't feel right. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Gearheadmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:09   #2
AZson

I had that happen when I put what was suppose to have put a heavier trigger spring in a G21 gen 4. The trigger would not go far enough forward to set the trigger safety. Had to put the original one back in.

Last edited by AZson; 10-07-2013 at 07:09..
AZson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:34   #3
markerbeacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadmd View Post
Hello
I just bought a Glock 22. I wanted to upgrade the mushy trigger so I put in a ghost evo elite connector, 6lb trigger spring, and a 4lb firing pin spring. I also did what some are referring to as a "25 cent trigger" upgrade. The trigger resets now and is much better now but it still doesn't feel right. Does anybody have any suggestions?

more trimming.

http://glock.pro/glock-pistols/960-g...connector.html
markerbeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:50   #4
FireMedic-50
RTF2 Geek

put everything back except your connector. try it again.

i have the oem glock 4.5's unpolished installed, no other changes.

i have never had a double tap.
Old 10-08-2013, 13:38   #5
PolymerPride
getcha suma dat

I have a glockworx v4 connector, 6# trig spring, 4# striker spring, and titanium plunger with a reduced spring in my gun. I'v used this setup in a number of Glocks. I love it. I don't like the Glock's stock trigger very much unless it's for concealed carry but i prefer to have this setup on most of my glock's. I notice that if i dry fire it and rack the slide to reset the trigger, the trigger doesn't go far enough forward to reset the trigger safety. If i fire a shot or rack the slide and let it slingshot forward then the momentum will basically throw the trigger forward enough to engage the little plastic trigger safety. Try it like that. I can't really tell from your post exactly what else is wrong other then the plastic safety tab on the trigger is locking.
Old 10-08-2013, 22:08   #6
Cajun35

I recently bought my first glock. A G35 Gen3. I wanted the 5" barrel for accuracy. I dry fired most of the brands available today to feel their trigger but none in my price range had the 5" barrel besides Glock. The Glock trigger is one of the most different I've ever felt. I never had a 3 stage pre-play/mush/click trigger before. It seems this is the normal 6 lb trigger on all Glocks.

So I ordered the Pyramid trigger from the Glock Store.
This is not a carry gun. I installed the trigger assembly, 2 lb firing pin spring, reduced safety spring with modified plunger, and the heavier trigger spring. The trigger now is about 2-1/2 to 3 lb's. I have the pre-play adjustable as much as possible so that the safety is still engaging but the mushy spot won't go away. The trigger pull is 100% better than before but I'm just not used to the long mushy spot. The gun is much more fun to shoot with the new trigger assy. I'm looking for options on the mushy spot but it seems there are none.

Cajun35
Cajun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 20:58   #7
Gearheadmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun35 View Post
I recently bought my first glock. A G35 Gen3. I wanted the 5" barrel for accuracy. I dry fired most of the brands available today to feel their trigger but none in my price range had the 5" barrel besides Glock. The Glock trigger is one of the most different I've ever felt. I never had a 3 stage pre-play/mush/click trigger before. It seems this is the normal 6 lb trigger on all Glocks.

So I ordered the Pyramid trigger from the Glock Store.
This is not a carry gun. I installed the trigger assembly, 2 lb firing pin spring, reduced safety spring with modified plunger, and the heavier trigger spring. The trigger now is about 2-1/2 to 3 lb's. I have the pre-play adjustable as much as possible so that the safety is still engaging but the mushy spot won't go away. The trigger pull is 100% better than before but I'm just not used to the long mushy spot. The gun is much more fun to shoot with the new trigger assy. I'm looking for options on the mushy spot but it seems there are none.

Cajun35
Hey remember that we have a firing pin engaged trigger so as you pull the trigger back it pushes the firing pin back and boom. That's the mushy spot. I don't think your gonna get rid of it.
Gearheadmd is offline   Reply With Quote