Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:24   #41
frank4570
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone0538 View Post
You do understand that stealing from the rich to give to the poor gives everyone incentive to do less, right?

Yeah, before the 16th and 17th amendments, the Fed, NFA, New Deal, undeclared wars, and a ton of other counterproductive crap we've done in the last 100 years or so.
I'll bet he is referring to the time period when
1) Reagan had broken the Russians so the cold war spending was over. And
2) The baby boomers were still putting in to the system instead of taking out. And
3) We were going through the skyrocketing dot.com bubble.

Some people like to believe this time period had something to do with Bill Clinton being in office. It didn't.
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28   #42
Syclone0538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ryan View Post
For roughly 30 years we've been trying the latter approach. It's contributed to completely gutting the middle class.
Not that I like the way we are headed, but is the middle class worse off now than it was 30 years ago?
Syclone0538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:12   #43
Mad Ryan

Quote:
Not that I like the way we are headed, but is the middle class worse off now than it was 30 years ago?
Much worse actually.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:15   #44
Mad Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Winner take all? Isn't that exactly what you and the other liberals want?

Don't think you are fooling anyone here. You're more transparent than you think. We are just more polite and tolerant to opposing positions than your DU buddies.
I don't know about other folks.

Personally I'd love to see a representational system whereby the percentage of the national vote your political party receives is the percentage of the senate you get. That'd force people to form coalitions and actually work with each other vs. the winner takes all system we have now. Basically a system much like most of the other representational democracies function.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:30   #45
daydreamer

Quote:
IMO yes.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:32   #46
daydreamer

Quote:

Personally I'd love to see a representational system whereby the percentage of the national vote your political party receives is the percentage of the senate you get. That'd force people to form coalitions and actually work with each other vs. the winner takes all system we have now. Basically a system much like most of the other representational democracies function.
Yep, I've begun to think that a parliamentary system would be better than what we have now.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:42   #47
jaws48

Is this still going on....recommendation....don't feed the trolls.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:46   #48
Syclone0538

Quote:
Much worse actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
IMO yes.

How so? Does the middle class have less stuff, and have a harder time paying for it than 30 years ago? Are you really worse off than your parents were at the same age?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:54   #49
Gunnut 45/454

Mad Ryan
So you say your an Independant? But you vote Dumocrat 90% of the time - so really your a Dumocrat! Why don't you just tell the truth an man up to what you are! So your just part of the problem -not part of the solution.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:57   #50
Kablam

Quote:

So you want to complete the dismantling of the Constitution that began with Wilson and has continued with each progressive wave of the 20th and 21st centuries? By the way...your tantrum about researching what a "liberal is"...you an no liberal. You are a progressive. Just because the progressives stole the name doesn't change the fact that they are progressives, not classical liberals, and will in fact force, hear that, force wealth redistribution, give aways to buy votes, to keep themselves in power. Progressives from both parties only care about one thing...votes, power, and control. The current progressives are running insane $1.5T-ish deficits each and every year to do nothing but buy votes, totally ignoring the Constitution.

You need to graduate from school so you stop living in the academic theory world (like the 0bama admin does) and see that what I've said about progressivism is the truth. One doesn't need a PhD (since you love to tout the academics at your fine university that you seem to worship) to see that progressives are stealing wealth from this nation's providers and giving it to the non-providers in an attempt to make the poor the new middle class. I suggest, if you want to read, try Alinski and Cloward/Pivens for some insight into what your Krusty the Clown progressives are doing. It's all laid out plain as day.

Last edited by Kablam; 10-14-2013 at 19:30..
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08   #51
Syclone0538

Quote:

That would be interesting to see what would happen. It would help the LP, but it would also help the Green Party.

Old 10-14-2013, 16:42   #52
Stubudd

Quote:
Until the republicans stop shafting the middle class with a giant strap-on so they can give huge tax breaks and incentives to the ultra-rich... er... "Job Creators" I'm going to vote against them. Period. I no longer care if Krusty the Clown runs on the Democrat ticket.
Vote away. How's it working out so far?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 19:18   #53
Stubudd

Quote:
Do you want to go back to the way it was when our country was doing well?

Or do you want to continue the way we are?

Understand that the extremely wealthy don't give a damn. They have options. They'll bleed the wealth out of America and then get on their private jets and fly off to their homes in Bora Bora or wherever and never come back.

We'll all be left here in a country where our resources have been stolen, our capital has been shipped offshore, and our jobs that are left are all low paying crap jobs.

Sounds awesome to you does it?
You think if we all would just vote for democrats, they'd do something about it?

It is a testament to the total power of the propaganda, the system, whatever you want to call it, that so many people can understand that something is very wrong, but day after day the ultimate source of the problem is barely even mentioned. That's "barely" even on forums like this, and NEVER on the MSM.

There absolutely IS a problem, we ARE being robbed, the middle class IS being squeezed into nothing- you're right about that. But for a guy that claims to be educated and to have studied economics to never even superficially touch on the real powers that be, in a hundred posts- to think that voting or changing the faces in a multi-trillion dollar all powerful parasitical cancer will ever change anything- that is the ultimate testament to their power over minds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-14-2013, 19:28   #54
Stubudd

It's almost like they've insisted on this shutdown charade to remind all the peons of their assigned "real" enemy- the blue team or the red team. Right after 90% of the country (and the rest of the world) vetoed their latest criminal foreign expedition, they needed to make sure everybody was quickly set back in their respective camps for further exploitation. Cue the brain drain media, red team vs blue team 24 hours a day.

You can vote dems back into all three just like a few years ago, and exactly the same thing will happen that happened then. You'll keep getting crushed. You can't touch the parasitical infrastructure behind the public charade of votes and faces. You haven't even figured out what it is.

Old 10-14-2013, 20:02   #55
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
That's ridiculous. Every issue is a separate issue. They are not a package deal. You can be pro 2A and pro gay marriage,. Whatever label you give yourself overall, conservative or liberal, it does not mean you have to take that same side of every single issue.

Randy
I agree, but I think we're in the minority. You've spent time here. How do you see the consensus? I think the GOP is a long shot from here on out because of this.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 20:10   #56
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post
Thanks for the Share LApm9.....well done!

*Ignore any stinking Liberals here.....thats what they do...
What is a Liberal? Ever looked up the term in the dictionary?

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 21:13   #57
dukeblue91

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
A Turd by any other name still is ............................!
I think you can fill in the rest.
Old 10-14-2013, 22:42   #58
Mad Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That would require scholarship, however limited and that's a bit too much like work.

They'd rather regurgitate what they've been told on the radio and the TV.

Last edited by Mad Ryan; 10-14-2013 at 22:42..
Mad Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 23:14   #59
Mad Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
So you want to complete the dismantling of the Constitution that began with Wilson and has continued with each progressive wave of the 20th and 21st centuries? By the way...your tantrum about researching what a "liberal is"...you an no liberal. You are a progressive. Just because the progressives stole the name doesn't change the fact that they are progressives, not classical liberals, and will in fact force, hear that, force wealth redistribution, give aways to buy votes, to keep themselves in power. Progressives from both parties only care about one thing...votes, power, and control. The current progressives are running insane $1.5T-ish deficits each and every year to do nothing but buy votes, totally ignoring the Constitution.

You need to graduate from school so you stop living in the academic theory world (like the 0bama admin does) and see that what I've said about progressivism is the truth. One doesn't need a PhD (since you love to tout the academics at your fine university that you seem to worship) to see that progressives are stealing wealth from this nation's providers and giving it to the non-providers in an attempt to make the poor the new middle class. I suggest, if you want to read, try Alinski and Cloward/Pivens for some insight into what your Krusty the Clown progressives are doing. It's all laid out plain as day.
I love this one... The bolded part... It's hilarious...

Everyone who worships at the alter of ignorance and demonizes education eventually tosses that one out. What exactly would lead you to jump to the conclusion that I haven't lived in the real world?

I've essentially supported myself since I was in highschool. I was homeless. I got a job. I gave most of my paycheck to my mom to help feed my brother and sister. I graduated and kept working. Eventually I joined the Marines and did that for a while. I still sent alot of money home till mom was doing OK on her own and didn't need it anymore.

After getting out I went to school for a while then got a great job in high tech industry. Taught myself to build databases. Made myself useful and marketable.

When the economy S**t the bed I decided to go back to school and learn something else. Just another set of tools for the tool box. Another arrow for the quiver. I'm a single dad so being unemployed and useless isn't really an option. I own my own business as well to make ends meet while I'm in college.

See, I think alot of conservatives are just really sheltered. I've been cold, hungry, really cold and hungry. Robbed, beaten multiple times etc. And all of that through no fault of my own. I was a kid. It wasn't my fault. I ended up living in a car. Later I really lucked out and scored someones Motorhome they weren't using for the winter. I'm hardly unique. My valley alone has a couple thousand homeless kids.

The paradigm that many of you cling to on this site is simply not reality. I was the "poor" that so many love to demonize. I did fine because my mom had a college degree so was able to eventually find work and work we all did. Very few in who find themselves in that position now can say that. The jobs aren't there, and the opportunity for education and advancement isn't there like it was 25 years ago.

So yes, in many ways I'm progressive. I believe in relatively robust safety nets for people who find themselves on hard times because these are our fellow Americans. If you can't see that then IMO, there's really something wrong with you.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:54   #60
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post
A Turd by any other name still is ............................!
I think you can fill in the rest.
I'll never understand why some people love to parade their ignorance.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote