SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2013, 00:02   #1
snerd

How You and Your Family Can Escape Obamacare

Quote:
The Affordable Care Act runs more than 2,600 pages and now hundreds of thousands of regulations. No one knows every single provision that is in the law, which Congress did not even bother to read before passing it. Among its most controversial provisions is the mandate forcing Americans to purchase health insurance or face fines from the IRS. Those fines can even take the form of wage garnishment. Americans who fail to comply and pay the fine can end up in jail.

There is, though, a provision buried in Obamacare that provides a way out of having to comply with the individual mandate. Pages 107 and 128 of Obamacare stipulate that members of “healthcare sharing ministries” are exempt from the individual mandate.
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/10/22...ape-obamacare/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:54   #2
hogfish
Señor Member

...and the war on Christians continues.

Seriously, though, it would be great if info continues to get posted anytime somebody figures something out about the ACA. Too much we don't know about, and much of it 'bad'.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:03   #3
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

You can't just whip up one of these healthcare cost sharing ministries. It must have been operating nonstop since at least 12/31/1999.

"(IV) which (or a predecessor of which) has been in existence at all times since December 31, 1999, and medical expenses of its members have been shared continuously and without interruption since at least December 31, 1999, and
‘‘(V) which conducts an annual audit which is performed by an independent certified public accounting firm in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and which is made available to the public upon request.
"
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:22   #4
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
You can't just whip up one of these healthcare cost sharing ministries. It must have been operating nonstop since at least 12/31/1999.

"(IV) which (or a predecessor of which) has been in existence at all times since December 31, 1999, and medical expenses of its members have been shared continuously and without interruption since at least December 31, 1999, and
‘‘(V) which conducts an annual audit which is performed by an independent certified public accounting firm in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and which is made available to the public upon request.
"
Correct. I didn't want to post too much of the article for copyright reasons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:30   #5
Atomic Punk

May look around to see if I can find one local.
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:33   #6
hooligan74

My wife and I have had health insurance all of our adult lives, and will continue to do so through our employers. Why do I need to "escape" Obamacare, exactly?
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36   #7
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
My wife and I have had health insurance all of our adult lives, and will continue to do so through our employers. Why do I need to "escape" Obamacare, exactly?
I hope it works out for ya.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:45   #8
TK-421

Quote:
Because Glock Talkis filled with diehard Republican right-wingers who believe that anything that comes from a Democrat is a horribly affront to humanity, even when their representatives passed it.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:00   #9
Mad Ryan

I love it...

We spend trillions on Wars.

Trillions on the War on Drugs...

Billions on Corporate welfare...

But when it comes to healthcare people lose their F-ing minds...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:04   #10
hooligan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
I hope it works out for ya.

Was this meant to be an answer of any sort?

Being uninsured is not an option for us, so we will continue to get insurance through our employers. I'll ask again, what precisely do I need to "escape" from?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:14   #11
Mad Ryan

Quote:

Being uninsured is not an option for us, so we will continue to get insurance through our employers. I'll ask again, what precisely do I need to "escape" from?
Scary death panels I'm guessing...
Old 10-23-2013, 10:06   #12
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:

Millions of us who get health care through our employers are waiting for the 'other shoe to drop' as to what we are suddenly going to have to pay for the coverage we were used to having ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:13   #13
hooligan74

Our coverage is already set for next year and hasn't changed a bit....

Also, how would "exemption from the individual mandate" help that, provided we still plan to purchase insurance?

Last edited by hooligan74; 10-23-2013 at 10:15..
Old 10-23-2013, 10:24   #14
Glock!9

Send a message via AIM to Glock!9
Quote:
Our coverage is already set for next year and hasn't changed a bit....

Also, how would "exemption from the individual mandate" help that, provided we still plan to purchase insurance?
We were sent a letter stating that our coverage will not change for 1 year and then we are forced to lose it and go on obama care at tripple the cost.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:35   #15
Raptor5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Because Glock Talkis filled with diehard Republican right-wingers who believe that anything that comes from a Democrat is a horribly affront to humanity, even when their representatives passed it.
.........Um, without a single republican vote....... get it right.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:39   #16
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock!9 View Post
We were sent a letter stating that our coverage will not change for 1 year and then we are forced to lose it and go on obama care at tripple the cost.
.PDF it and post it.
GWSHARK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:59   #17
callihan_44
INFIDEL

I love how the apologists come in here and pretend the real world doesnt exist with people losing coverage and rates jumping left and right... good grief there are stories ran every single day of this or that company or individuals getting dropped.
callihan_44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:39   #18
hooligan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock!9 View Post

What is "going on Obamacare"? The health insurance on the soon-to-exist exchanges are still being sold by private companies like Aetna, BC/BS, etc.

Do tell...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:42   #19
hooligan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by callihan_44 View Post
I love how the apologists come in here and pretend the real world doesnt exist with people losing coverage and rates jumping left and right... good grief there are stories ran every single day of this or that company or individuals getting dropped.
Not apologizing for anything. There's plenty not to like about Obamacare.

I didn't see you in cowboywannabe's thread decrying his anecdotal evidence. Why is my personal story less valid than his?
Old 10-23-2013, 13:39   #20
Spymaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Another low info democratic drone reveals himself to be an ignorant fool, FYI ACA was passed into law upon purely partisan lines, not a single republican voted for it, not one!
Spymaster is offline   Reply With Quote