SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:18   #1
zeke501

I am officially revoking my respect for John McCain’s service to our countr

I am officially revoking my respect for John McCain’s service to our country

Posted by Joe Wurzelbacher on Oct 21, 2013 in Congressional Arrogance, Culture, Email Featured, Grassroots, Health Care, Immigration, Media, ObamaCare, Politics, Taxes

http://joeforamerica.com/2013/10/off...ZM7Y0Ble7zO.99
zeke501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:05   #2
Mad Ryan

Article is indicative of everything that is wrong with dialogue in America.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:39   #3
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

I wouldn't lose respect for his service, it was honorable. But he has **** all over it with his unAmerican political service.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:45   #4
ked

i certainly appreciate all who have served this country. a sincere Thank You to you.

i do have to agree with this article. McCain has done great harm to this country and he should be removed from the Senate.

ked

Last edited by ked; 10-23-2013 at 08:46..
ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:17   #5
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
I wouldn't lose respect for his service, it was honorable. But he has **** all over it with his unAmerican political service.
This.

I saw him speak the other night and nearly puked, that he keeps his 'Republican' label ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50   #6
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

His "service" has nothing to do with the fact that he's a destructive, cancerous influence on our liberty and our future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:45   #7
Frameman
USMC !968/1970

McCain caved for the Vietnamese and caved for the democrats.
He was/is not a hero of any kind he is a collaborator
Old 10-23-2013, 13:51   #8
Spymaster

As for McCain's military service, he can shove it right up his tailpipe as partial penance for the men whose deaths he is personally responsible for....
Spymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 14:03   #9
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Thanks Mcain. I never thought my party would be supporting a liberal. You are finally in leagues with your captors.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 14:18   #10
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frameman View Post
McCain caved for the Vietnamese and caved for the democrats.
He was/is not a hero of any kind he is a collaborator
Your post and the posts of others here are very disrespectful to the brave men and women who've risked their lives to defend this country.

Since when do our brave service members have to meet your personal standards before you respect them? Where does that even come from?

McCain was tortured and still today cannot raise his arms above shoulder level. He did what he had to do to survive.

YOU would have done the same thing to survive in that Vietnamese prison camp.

I can't believe you guys dare to put conditions on a persons military service just because you have a different political opinion.

That is just wrong!

Last edited by JBnTX; 10-23-2013 at 14:24..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 14:22   #11
Jakestir

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Your post and the posts of others here are very disrespectful to the brave men and women who've risked their lives to defend this country.

McCain was tortured and still today cannot raise his arms above shoulder level. He did what he had to do to survive.

I can't believe you guys dare to put conditions on a persons military service just because you have a different political opinion.

That is just wrong!

I don't agree with you very often JB but you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Jakestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 14:23   #12
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

How many decades must go by before we have the intellectual honesty to admit that the Vietnam war was a travesty, a farce, and a waste, and that one's "service", or lack thereof, has absolutely no bearing on their fitness to hold public office?

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 14:33   #13
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
How many decades must go by before we have the intellectual honesty to admit that the Vietnam war was a travesty, a farce, and a waste, and that one's "service", or lack thereof, has absolutely no bearing on their fitness to hold public office?

Hopefully we never do.

A person's conduct and bravery under hostile fire brings out that person's true moral character and is a measure of his dedication to others.

Military service, especially in war time, most certainly is a good indicator of a person's fitness for public office.

Just because McCain is sleezeball politician, doesn't mean he isn't a brave man who served his country with honor.

Last edited by JBnTX; 10-23-2013 at 14:36..
Old 10-23-2013, 14:55   #14
Frameman
USMC !968/1970

Quote:

Since when do our brave service members have to meet your personal standards before you respect them? Where does that even come from?

That is just wrong!

Although I was not a POW I am a Vietnam veteran, specifically a USMC infantry machine gunner.
My training ordered us to resist interrogation to the death. Many captives resisted and died. McCain didn't and others died.
These orders are not my personal standards but the standards of our military organizations.
I have earned the right to put conditions on Mc Cain just as I have put conditions on John Kerry.
Neither served honorably
Old 10-23-2013, 14:59   #15
jakebrake
cracker

personally, I respect what he did from 1968-to 1972. he endured torture that none of us will ever know. you want to judge that? let's see how many times you can have your shoulders dislocated before telling the person doing it everything they want to hear.

everything after that is repugnant to me.
Old 10-23-2013, 15:01   #16
snerd

“In history, truth should be held sacred, at whatever cost . . . especially against the narrow and futile patriotism, which, instead of pressing forward in pursuit of truth, takes pride in walking backwards to cover the slightest nakedness of our forefathers.” ― Col. Thomas Aspinwall
Old 10-23-2013, 15:11   #17
Spymaster

Quote:

That is just wrong!

Is it now? I imagine then that the name "Benedict Arnold" should be kindly embraced for the bulk of his service before he committed treason, in which he was a very great hero of the American revolution...
Spymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 15:13   #18
Frameman
USMC !968/1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
personally, I respect what he did from 1968-to 1972. he endured torture that none of us will ever know. you want to judge that? let's see how many times you can have your shoulders dislocated before telling the person doing it everything they want to hear.

everything after that is repugnant to me.
Nothing that has or will be said will change the fact that McCain collaborated and his fellow service members paid the price
Old 10-23-2013, 15:35   #19
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:

...My training ordered us to resist interrogation to the death. Many captives resisted and died. McCain didn't and others died.
No, I don't think you were ever ordered to do that. Who died because McCain gave in to the Viet Cong's torture?
Quote:
Nothing that has or will be said will change the fact that McCain collaborated and his fellow service members paid the price
Do you have proof of this so called "collaboration"? Do you even know what collaboration means?
Can you back up these claims about McCain?
Old 10-23-2013, 15:48   #20
Stubudd

Quote:
Can you back up these claims about McCain?
you don't want to know

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote