GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 08:16   #1
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,235
Blog Entries: 64
Trade Balance: Western marijuana finds export market in Asia

Really!!!!
Quote:
Western marijuana finds export market in Asia, reversing years of East to West trade
Quote:
Hanoi, Vietnam – for the young Vietnamese dope smokers rolling up outside a smart Hanoi cafe, local cannabis is just not good enough. As with their Adidas caps, iPhones and Sanskrit tattoos, so with their choice of bud: Only foreign will do.

Potent marijuana grown indoors in Canada and the United States is easy to buy in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, say regular smokers, and sells for up to 10 times the price of locally grown weed. That's perhaps surprising given that marijuana is easy to cultivate regionally, and bringing drugs across continents is expensive and risky.
Well, well...legalize weed for export. That should get the corporate agri-growers into the business quicker. Put a modest tariff on it for use, oh, say it will go into the education fund - it's for the children!!!
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 10-23-2013 at 09:34..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:42   #2
Mad Ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sunny Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,253
If nothing else, ending the "War on drugs" would free up a ton of money to do other things and it'd get alot of folks out of jail who frankly, don't belong there.

We're purported to be a free country. If people want to get high let them. If people want to grow weed, tax them.
__________________
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't...
Mad Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:54   #3
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,046
So now these "Legal growers" are now international criminal orgs.? Go figure! So when did the Federal laws get repealed on international drug trade?
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:02   #4
Mad Ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sunny Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
So now these "Legal growers" are now international criminal orgs.? Go figure! So when did the Federal laws get repealed on international drug trade?
What exactly is your point?

Isn't it about time the Federal .gov stops wasting billions of dollars persecuting its citizens for partaking in a natural plant which is neither addictive nor harmful?

If we could get an economic boost out of it so much the better.
__________________
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't...
Mad Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28   #5
Lethaltxn
Senior Member
 
Lethaltxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,299
Not going to lie, I'd invest in dispensaries if it were to ever be made legal on a national level.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lew Horton Springfield Compact 1911
Springfield Loaded
Lethaltxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:40   #6
EOS
Pro Liberty
 
EOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,471
It can be a thriving business for the PRIVATE sector if it would just be allowed. Selling domestically and internationally could turn huge profits. This is the only exporting the US has done in a while, I'll take selling Asian's weed over buying cheap Chinese crap any day.

But government insiders are just profiting too much from illegal weed. The PDs get huge budgets, the prison industrial complex and industries that feel threatened by legal pot, lobby our "wonderful" elected officials. That said, I don't want pot taxed. The CIA gets enough money through its own drug trade. No need to tax pot.




Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
"The conservative is less concerned with the problem of how the powers of government should be limited than with that of who wields them; like the socialist, he regards himself as entitled to force the value he holds on other people." - Hayek

Last edited by EOS; 10-23-2013 at 10:41..
EOS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 23:08   #7
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,046
Mad Ryan
Well do you think those "Legal Growers" are paying taxes on the illegal gains? Just like all criminals I highly doupt it! So how are they getting the MJ to Vietnam? So your saying who gives a **** about laws already on the books lets just break them anyway. Typical Liberterian.
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 23:43   #8
podwich
Senior Member
 
podwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: MI
Posts: 9,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ryan View Post
If nothing else, ending the "War on drugs" would free up a ton of money to do other things and it'd get alot of folks out of jail who frankly, don't belong there.

We're purported to be a free country. If people want to get high let them. If people want to grow weed, tax them.
Why tax them? I'm not a fan of blue laws/taxes.

I have no desire to get high but really don't care if you do. I do, however, follow through with the rest of the personal liberty/responsibility bit (that whole support yourself thing and don't have a public teat to live off).
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:40   #9
ked
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: tennessee
Posts: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by podwich View Post
Why tax them? I'm not a fan of blue laws/taxes.

I have no desire to get high but really don't care if you do. I do, however, follow through with the rest of the personal liberty/responsibility bit (that whole support yourself thing and don't have a public teat to live off).


this is the conclusion i am coming to. BUT only if there is no "teat" to live off. and if you cause an accident, due to being stoned, then you should be stoned also. with stones!

ked
__________________
if a man speaks, and there's not a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong ?

Last edited by ked; 10-24-2013 at 06:42..
ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:00   #10
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,235
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Mad Ryan...Typical Liberterian.
Haven't you read anything Ryan has written?

Don't answer, that was rhetorical.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:17   #11
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,235
Blog Entries: 64
From the original link...
Quote:
Some experts say the trade can be explained by the dominant role Vietnamese diaspora gangs play in cultivating the drug in Western countries, making sourcing the product and smuggling it to Vietnam an easier proposition than it might be otherwise...

...Vietnamese diaspora criminal gangs got into the marijuana cultivation business in North America in the 1980s. Having found a niche, they expanded and now account for much of the business across Europe also.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:00   #12
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,046
RussP
So the American legal growers who grow the Advanced types of Bud are not in league with these Vietimese gangs? Then how did they come up with the high grade MJ they so love? Answer of course they are , I seen there Bud Markets /shows. Actively selling there cultured bud to anyone they wish- marketing with trade marks ect. So they sell it to these gang memebers and they start growing there own to import back to Vietnam. As I've said before in the MJ threads - the Criminal elements that have been doing this for years are not going to go away just because you legalise MJ in fact they will just become bigger.
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:38   #13
Mad Ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sunny Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
RussP
So the American legal growers who grow the Advanced types of Bud are not in league with these Vietimese gangs? Then how did they come up with the high grade MJ they so love? Answer of course they are , I seen there Bud Markets /shows. Actively selling there cultured bud to anyone they wish- marketing with trade marks ect. So they sell it to these gang memebers and they start growing there own to import back to Vietnam. As I've said before in the MJ threads - the Criminal elements that have been doing this for years are not going to go away just because you legalise MJ in fact they will just become bigger.
The growers I know grow for medicinal reasons, which equates to really high quality strains. They can actually grow to minimize/maximize the "high" if they want.

We've had this going on forever out here in the PacNW. Nobody cares.
__________________
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't...
Mad Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:38   #14
Mad Ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sunny Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Haven't you read anything Ryan has written?

Don't answer, that was rhetorical.
lolz... I'm definitely not a libertarian, although I think we all need to be much more personally "free" in most respects.
__________________
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't...
Mad Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:59   #15
NMG26
Senior Member
 
NMG26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NM
Posts: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ryan View Post

We're purported to be a free country. If people want to get high let them. If people want to grow weed, tax them.
__________________
Bickford Schmeckler: ******* tyranny of logic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:08   #16
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,046
Mad Ryan
Well gee that explains alot you've been in business with fellow growers to supply Vietnam , what a surprise.
Medicinal purposes =RIGHT!! What a joke shoud I bring up all the photo's of OR's Smoke out showing tons under aged MJ smokers that were all over the news? Yea get an MJ card from the Quack DR's that would right a script for $200 for any ailment you'd want.
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:10   #17
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 26,754
This bud's for you, Charlie!
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:12   #18
Mad Ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sunny Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Mad Ryan
Well gee that explains alot you've been in business with fellow growers to supply Vietnam , what a surprise.
Medicinal purposes =RIGHT!! What a joke shoud I bring up all the photo's of OR's Smoke out showing tons under aged MJ smokers that were all over the news? Yea get an MJ card from the Quack DR's that would right a script for $200 for any ailment you'd want.
Uhh no lol.

I'm in southern OR. Lots of growers here. Some of them are people I've known for years and years. It's legal.

You should look into the research Israel is doing into it.

I don't smoke the stuff but it helps lots of people all over the world with a variety of legitimate medical conditions. To be fair, I could easily get a completely legal avenue to smoke but as with alcohol, I just don't enjoy feeling high/drunk so I don't smoke and I limit my drinking to one drink in a social setting when I'm out with friends.
__________________
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't...
Mad Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:57   #19
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,235
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
RussP
So the American legal growers who grow the Advanced types of Bud are not in league with these Vietimese gangs? Then how did they come up with the high grade MJ they so love? Answer of course they are , I seen there Bud Markets /shows. Actively selling there cultured bud to anyone they wish- marketing with trade marks ect. So they sell it to these gang memebers and they start growing there own to import back to Vietnam. As I've said before in the MJ threads - the Criminal elements that have been doing this for years are not going to go away just because you legalise MJ in fact they will just become bigger.
You didn't read the article did you...Go back and do that.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:20   #20
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Not surprising. Vietnamese gangs are some of the biggest importers and dealers of the Canadian and American Hydroponic marijuana.

And, a lot of them still have relatives back in Vietnam.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,133
304 Members
829 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42