Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2014, 19:09   #21
Jonesee

It pays to keep it civil.

If it becomes a big deal or someone's feelings get hurt the real problems start.
Gates get left open, fences get cut, livestock get shot.

It isn't worth the problems.
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 13:04   #22
rhino673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
We've found them on the farm before.

We take them down and lay them at the foot of the tree.

The offenders have always gotten the message.
Same here. Always has worked out with no drama.
rhino673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 19:17   #23
dcc12

I don't know what State you are in but I would contact the local game warden and let them handle it.
dcc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 22:07   #24
Jonesee

Coon hunters at night crossing fences and pushing them down is more of a problem than deer stands. the fences require fixing.

Last edited by Jonesee; 01-13-2014 at 22:09..
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 23:18   #25
RenegadeGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lee View Post
remove the stands without damaging them and leave a note telling them they can come & get their stuff at my house. And leave directions to the house with specific hours when they would be, and when they would NOT be welcome to come.
Last thing I am going to do with a known armed person who does not respect the law or property rights is invite him over to my house, complete with directions and hours when he would catch me by surprise.

But perhaps you have an alterior motive...
RenegadeGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:13   #26
longrangedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
It pays to keep it civil.

If it becomes a big deal or someone's feelings get hurt the real problems start.
Gates get left open, fences get cut, livestock get shot.

It isn't worth the problems.
If you own land you already know that you can't watch or protect your property 24/7 and that anyone wishing to do you harm can find multiple ways to get back at you with minimal risk to themselves. Get the game warden/sheriff involved but go out of your way to appear reasonable and to avoid motivating retaliation. Most trespassers will respond the right way. For those that don't- go all out LEGALLY to catch and punish them.

Last edited by longrangedog; 01-14-2014 at 10:03..
longrangedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:57   #27
BCGUNCOLL

FINDER'S KEEPERS!!!!!
BCGUNCOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:52   #28
jfost11

Quote:
Originally Posted by playininthedirt View Post
I pulled the card out of one of the cameras, and apparently it belongs to the sheriffs son. >:-/ some of the stands may belong to him as well. He did post a lengthy rant on Facebook regarding the "lack of respect" for peoples property after he discovered one of his cameras was missing. And no, he does not have permission to hunt on the property.

So one day this week when I have time I will be making a trip to town to visit with his dad. And for good measure I may just throw his ass under the bus in a response to his rant on Facebook. What's the worst that can happen? Him unfriending me over a verbal ass kicking? Lol

And all unclaimed, unmarked stands are going to find a new home in my garage

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
What is the punishment in your State? In VA, hunting on unposted private property without permission will result in a $500 fine. Posted property raises the fine to $2,500 and adds up to 12 months in jail.

If the punishment is comparable in your area, hopefully Sheriff Daddy will take it seriously and be sure his boy understands the gift you're giving by coming directly to him instead of filing an official report and pressing charges. (I'm assuming that's what you're doing). The cost of a couple tree stands with no criminal record should be a very agreeable price to pay for the lesson. Also, I'd definitely throw him under the bus for his facebook rant.
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 15:30   #29
glock1911revolver
Vice-Emperor

Quote:
I pulled the card out of one of the cameras, and apparently it belongs to the sheriffs son. >:-/ some of the stands may belong to him as well. He did post a lengthy rant on Facebook regarding the "lack of respect" for peoples property after he discovered one of his cameras was missing. And no, he does not have permission to hunt on the property.

So one day this week when I have time I will be making a trip to town to visit with his dad. And for good measure I may just throw his ass under the bus in a response to his rant on Facebook. What's the worst that can happen? Him unfriending me over a verbal ass kicking? Lol

And all unclaimed, unmarked stands are going to find a new home in my garage

Who owns the land adjacent to yours? What I'm asking is it possible that this kid has permission on a piece of land and just didn't realize the exact location/property line?

He's still in the wrong, but this scenario should probably be solved with a little more politeness. JMHO.
Old 01-14-2014, 16:38   #30
playininthedirt

Delivered the camera I pulled to his dad, and had a very pleasant conversation regarding trespassing, and lack of respect for property owners. I asked him to return the camera to his son with instructions to contact me to set up a time to retrieve any other items that he may have out there.

Contact has been made, issue is resolved and the point was delivered in a tactful manner.

playininthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 20:59   #31
shockglock

Glad it worked out without incident.
shockglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 23:32   #32
ctaggart

Quote:
We have found several tree stands, game cameras, portable blinds etc... On our property.

We have checked with the few hunters that do have permission to hunt on the property and they aren't theirs.

Would I legally be able to remove the stands, etc and do with them as I please?

No tresspassing signs have been posted and obviously ignored.

Some disrespectful sob's are in for a rude awakening when they figure out that the 1000+ acre free for all is over.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated

Were the posted signs put up before or after the stands and cameras were placed? If before, I'd remove all of it from my property. My state allows me to do so. If the signs were put up after the stands and cameras were placed, I'd do as the previous poster suggested and take them down but leave them in the same place and leave a note. If they're not gone within a week, contact your local LEOs and ask for advice on what to do. It may be considered "abandoned property."
Old 01-23-2014, 12:21   #33
dryfly

What state are you in ?
dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 15:16   #34
Tvov

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
BTW. We had another thread just like this one. Does anyone know how it turned out?
Now you've made me have to go find that thread...

I'm not angry, I'm just loud. - Friend's son.
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 15:21   #35
Tvov

Here it is:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...507257&page=10

I'm not angry, I'm just loud. - Friend's son.
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 15:25   #36
hunter 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj9mm View Post
bust'em up and dump'em on the side of the road. or sell them.
Sadly this is all trash ..understands
Old 01-27-2014, 08:12   #37
JuneyBooney

Quote:
We have found several tree stands, game cameras, portable blinds etc... On our property.

We have checked with the few hunters that do have permission to hunt on the property and they aren't theirs.

Would I legally be able to remove the stands, etc and do with them as I please?

No tresspassing signs have been posted and obviously ignored.

Some disrespectful sob's are in for a rude awakening when they figure out that the 1000+ acre free for all is over.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated

If it is your property and not one of the rightful people's stands, gear etc I would take it down. As long as it is not someone just taking pictures of animals I would think their actions are improper and unlawful. I would place the stands and gear at a central point where they can get it and don't destroy their property.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:43   #38
Steve83
Bronco guru

My first step would have been to compare the GPS location of the equipment to the county tax assessor's maps. Here, those maps are available online, with a free mobile app. I'd want to be ferdamsher I was standing where I thought I was standing before taking any action.
Steve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 13:41   #39
Ammunition Attrition

I hope things stay resolved, that there's no further damage or trespassing, and God bless you and yours. I've personally dealt with trespassers, surprised them face-to-face while I was armed and ready, and no one died. It was a potentially terrible situation that all were lucky to get out of unharmed. Later, I informed the game warden when I found the gut shot deer they were looking for on my land. The trespassers sold their neighboring land and skeedadled. Good.

Last edited by Ammunition Attrition; 02-02-2014 at 14:10..
Ammunition Attrition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 15:37   #40
playininthedirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
My first step would have been to compare the GPS location of the equipment to the county tax assessor's maps. Here, those maps are available online, with a free mobile app. I'd want to be ferdamsher I was standing where I thought I was standing before taking any action.

I've been familiar with the property lines and markers for 30 years. When you find multiple items well inside the lines, it's rarely a case of "oops, my bad, I didn't realize I was tresspassing."

The issue has been resolved, atleast with this individual. Others will politely be invited to vacate the premises. It also helps having the sheriffs and local game wardens cell numbers.

playininthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote