SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2014, 16:02   #41
Tvov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammunition Attrition View Post
Later, I informed the game warden when I found the gut shot deer they were looking for on my land.
My understanding is that in my state, Connecticut, if necessary a person is expected to recover wounded/dead deer onto private land, and is protected by law in doing so.

I'm not angry, I'm just loud. - Friend's son.

Last edited by Tvov; 02-04-2014 at 16:03..
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 23:55   #42
bustedknee
Curmudgeon

....As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said "No Trespassing."
But on the other side it didn't say nothing,
That side was made for you and me....

Woody Guthrie

Of course, Woody weren't much for deer huntin'.
Old 02-06-2014, 13:00   #43
Ammunition Attrition

Stake Out

Good that things are hopefully calming down. As a landowner I share your concerns. It is a violation of one's person, trespassing is.
Note: I do not advise you directly to do the following yourself without law enforcement.There.
For future reference an option that is very direct and suggested if you can get the law to do it (works for me) is The Stake Out.
You've found their lair, their "sign". You know where they will be going. Preferably the game warden sits at the location during season and waits for the trespasser. Simple. Effective. Potentially time-consuming and enforcement may shy from it due to attrition of resources.
How did I bust my trespassers? I told the "game warden" what, when, and where, and "he" had the time to lay in wait for them to come to "him" where I told "him" to wait for 'em. They came within the hour, literally, and..Busted. Oh, they were shamed and made a public example of. It was very rewarding on a personal level. Problem solved.
Ammunition Attrition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 15:41   #44
Ammunition Attrition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvov View Post
My understanding is that in my state, Connecticut, if necessary a person is expected to recover wounded/dead deer onto private land, and is protected by law in doing so.

Thanks. And that's certainly by God applicable when a person isn't trespassing on someone's private land. However, when said irresponsible shooter is in the act of committing a crime--here, trespassing and poaching--he has the right to be jailed, etc... Now, with permission from a landowner, the trespasser is no longer a trespasser by definition. Note: I gave this batch of trespassers till sundown (literally) to find the deer. They could not follow the bloodtrail, apparently, and I found the deer the next day: a beautiful, 3-4 yr. perfectly symmetrical 8 point buck, gut shot way back. Sad. Wasteful. Anyway, on your CT law, I'd check that regarding someone who's in the act of committing at least one felony, as if it applies then that's also very sad and wasteful of what is good in life. I honestly do not believe even a law enforcement officer can "grant" a trespasser the right to search for a deer on a private landowner's land without the permission of the landowner. In that instance, I'd let the game warden supervise the trespasser to search for a deer he gut-shot--at gun point. That's how I roll, that's how my local heat, my friend the Game Warden rolls, too. We respect each other, and work together. It's called civility. We're old-school.
God bless you, and I do hope same applies in CT!
Old 02-06-2014, 15:48   #45
Qman2

Reminds me of a friend's experience.

He has some farm land that he leased out to a nearby farmer. One year, the farmer helped himself to the land and planted his crop without having a contract with my friend. As my friend argued, you have to set the contract up before the farming season because if you do it at the end of the growing season and the crops are a bust, it might be cheaper for the farmer to abandon the crop. He made multiple attends to contact the farmer who never returned his calls.

So, he padlocked the gate and put up a sign that said "Corn Crop for Sale, call xxx-xxx-xxxx" Wow, the farmer suddenly returned his calls and was surprised that they didn't have the contract.
Qman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 17:08   #46
Ammunition Attrition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman2 View Post
Reminds me of a friend's experience.

He has some farm land that he leased out to a nearby farmer. One year, the farmer helped himself to the land and planted his crop without having a contract with my friend. As my friend argued, you have to set the contract up before the farming season because if you do it at the end of the growing season and the crops are a bust, it might be cheaper for the farmer to abandon the crop. He made multiple attends to contact the farmer who never returned his calls.

So, he padlocked the gate and put up a sign that said "Corn Crop for Sale, call xxx-xxx-xxxx" Wow, the farmer suddenly returned his calls and was surprised that they didn't have the contract.

And I'll let the cat out of the bag on the easiest way to "bag" a poacher/trespasser anywhere near a human-populated area: put out a game feeder. Sit and wait. {NOTE: this is entirely in jest. Do not attempt at home as this is potentially dangerous}.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:00   #47
Mark2Glock

Once a trespasser always a trespasser! The punk kid will do it again cause he riding his daddy's coattail. You just can't trusts them regardless cause they knew they were wrong and trying to save face to get their stuffs back.
Destroying the gears would have teach them a lesson the right way.
Mark2Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:39   #48
Tvov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammunition Attrition View Post
Thanks. And that's certainly by God applicable when a person isn't trespassing on someone's private land. However, when said irresponsible shooter is in the act of committing a crime--here, trespassing and poaching--he has the right to be jailed, etc... Now, with permission from a landowner, the trespasser is no longer a trespasser by definition. Note: I gave this batch of trespassers till sundown (literally) to find the deer. They could not follow the bloodtrail, apparently, and I found the deer the next day: a beautiful, 3-4 yr. perfectly symmetrical 8 point buck, gut shot way back. Sad. Wasteful. Anyway, on your CT law, I'd check that regarding someone who's in the act of committing at least one felony, as if it applies then that's also very sad and wasteful of what is good in life. I honestly do not believe even a law enforcement officer can "grant" a trespasser the right to search for a deer on a private landowner's land without the permission of the landowner. In that instance, I'd let the game warden supervise the trespasser to search for a deer he gut-shot--at gun point. That's how I roll, that's how my local heat, my friend the Game Warden rolls, too. We respect each other, and work together. It's called civility. We're old-school.
God bless you, and I do hope same applies in CT!

I was referring to the regulations regarding legal hunting.

But... this thread made me actually go and look up the information (imagine that) and it looks like I am wrong. It looks like a hunter (I am talking legal hunting) has to get permission to track a wounded game animal onto private property in Connecticut. This might be a relatively new regulation, I have be more sure about it... but I think a few of my hunting friends will be surprised at learning this.

I do agree with the "new" regulation, though. I don't want people on my property without my permission.

I'm not angry, I'm just loud. - Friend's son.
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 16:17   #49
weaponsrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
I was gonna say shoot, shovel, shut up...

...but I like this idea best.
Well said. lol
weaponsrus is offline   Reply With Quote