SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2014, 16:15   #1
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Ruger Plastic Boxes

I've got two Ruger Single-Six, 22 revolvers that I bought about ten years apart. After I got the second one a few days ago, I noticed that it has a worn spot on the right side of the frame, in the same spot that the older one I've got has one.

I thought that was sort of odd. I didn't think too much about the first one. It was a used gun with a worn spot on it. It happens...big deal. But when I saw a second gun, with basically the same spot, I got to looking closer and realized that the spot matches up with a raised spot in the plastic box the guns come shipped in.

Gun Number one.

Rimfire Forum

Number two.

Rimfire Forum

You can clearly see the blemishes between the pins, in the pictures.

I might be the last person in the world to note this but I thought I'd comment on it. I don't use those boxes for storage/transport, but I'm sure some people do.

When Ruger ships the guns, they're wrapped in a plastic bag, which gets between the box and the gun, and limits the slippage in the box. If you're going to use the box for storage/transport, it might be a good idea to put something soft between them.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 17:21   #2
Johnny Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
I've got two Ruger Single-Six, 22 revolvers that I bought about ten years apart. After I got the second one a few days ago, I noticed that it has a worn spot on the right side of the frame, in the same spot that the older one I've got has one.

I thought that was sort of odd. I didn't think too much about the first one. It was a used gun with a worn spot on it. It happens...big deal. But when I saw a second gun, with basically the same spot, I got to looking closer and realized that the spot matches up with a raised spot in the plastic box the guns come shipped in.

Gun Number one.

Rimfire Forum

Number two.

Rimfire Forum

You can clearly see the blemishes between the pins, in the pictures.

I might be the last person in the world to note this but I thought I'd comment on it. I don't use those boxes for storage/transport, but I'm sure some people do.

When Ruger ships the guns, they're wrapped in a plastic bag, which gets between the box and the gun, and limits the slippage in the box. If you're going to use the box for storage/transport, it might be a good idea to put something soft between them.
I would notice it too. And it would kind of be a wee bit upsetting...
Johnny Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 20:51   #3
bac1023

That's why I love the old Ruger cardboard boxes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:49   #4
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
That's why I love the old Ruger cardboard boxes.
Well, the reason I love the old cardboard boxes, is I like the old guns that came in the cardboard boxes.

But thos will do for shooters.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote