Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-29-2003, 11:43   #1
Chicklet

The noisy purse

About 6 months decided to get a carry purse, (unless I am walking/running for cardio).... since I always carry a purse and use a back holster. I think this was a big mistake, you know the velcro on the side?

What a noisy thing, not to mention if I ever need it quick, it ain't going to happen no matter how I slice it.

I guess I did not investigate my pocket book choices very well. Do any of you other ladies have a purse with no velcro but possibly a one snap deal? If so can someone point me in that direction?

Thanks.
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 21:37   #2
Shoeless
Gun Totin' Girl

If you need it quick, the last thing you'll be worrying about is the noise, I'm betting. I use a fanny pack sometimes, but more often than not, I just carry on my body or in the center compartment (zipper) of my purse.

Shoeless
Old 09-29-2003, 22:05   #3
Vic303

Try Coronado leather purses. www.coronadoleather.com I think is correct. Nice ccw purses.
Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Vic303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 22:09   #4
Chicklet

Thanks shoeless. I should of said it's so noisy because it is actually hard to open so you have to really rip into it. Not the smartest invention. I think the Velcro is way too wide and does not come apart easy at all. I paid $100 for it on sale. Oh well I have another purse, right? LOL

I can't fit it in the zipped compartment of this purse because the place where it's suppose to go (in the side velcro area) is too bulky with the fitted sewn in holster, it takes up what would be the inside space. I can hardly get anything in the rest of the purse.

Summary: Don't buy one of these purses.
Old 09-29-2003, 22:15   #5
Chicklet

They have a snap...Thank you vic.
Old 09-29-2003, 22:19   #6
Vic303

My Coronado purse has a pull-loop which unzips the ccw compartment zippers. One zip is also lockable to prevent toddlers from getting into it.

What brand of purse did you have with the velcro, Chicklet?
Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Vic303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 16:27   #7
Chicklet

Vic I bought it from Rays Holsters on-line and I cannot find anywhere on the purse a name brand. Thank you again for the link. I noticed there is a drop down box that says you can order a purse with a zipper or snap? I guess I will go with the zipper. They are very nice quality and aesthetic purses. Thank you.
Old 10-08-2003, 14:57   #8
CowgirlCop

I have looked at tons of carry purses that were not suitable for me..or that we just flat b*tt ugly. I ended up buying a nifty black number at a gun show in the Seattle area from Western Pack. It is made of the same stuff duty bags are but nicely put together and has a zipper compartment on the side that really does the trick. My bigger glocks fit in nicely with lots of room for cell phone and handcuffs in other pockets.
I still find that my Fobus holster is my first choice. Nothing beats that little guy for concealed carry.

NO FAT COPS
CowgirlCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:41   #9
hawk0484

Quote:
Originally posted by Vic303
Try Coronado leather purses. www.coronadoleather.com I think is correct. Nice ccw purses.
I have a Coronado purse that I use about 1/2 the time for carry. The main objection I have to purse carry is how heavy it makes it on my shoulder.

My other carry method is a leather Roma waistpack. I feel like I have more control with it because it is fixed against my body vs. swinging from my shoulder. Also, when doing something awkward, like loading the groceries or packages into my vehicle, I keep the pack on. When I am using the purse, because of the way it swings and flops around, I find myself wanting to put it down (but I don't!).

Good luck-
Becky
hawk0484 is offline   Reply With Quote