Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:09   #1
Hawkeye shooter

New guy questions.

I've had my G20 and G29 for awhile now and have a pretty good pile of brass saved up. I've been thinking about getting into reloading for my 10mm's. First questions is, both of my pistols are completely stock, so I see some "Glock smiles" from time to time. (I shoot Underwood ammo). Is this fired brass safe to reload, will the smiles come out during the reloading process? Secondly, what would be a good beginners kit to buy? I'd be reloading mostly pistol ammo BTW. Thanks in advance for the advice!
Hawkeye shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:20   #2
WeeWilly

Welcome to the addiction.

Scrap the smiled brass.

I would recommend this kit as a good starter.

https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?...hk=1&Itemid=41
Old 05-18-2014, 22:03   #3
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

SMILES can not be repaired, SMILES are distinct lines where the brass is starting to shear on a molecular level at the feed ramp where there is a lack of case support.

However, Slightly bulged, smoothly rounded bulges fro case expansion can be corrected using a Pass-Thru die setup, I use a LEE FCD with its guts removed to do mine, the Redding GRX die setup is another great pass-thru die. These recondition the brass would be good to go, but inspection is everything.

You can learn more here; http://10mm-firearms.com/reloading-1...using-lee-fcd/ There is a video link in one of the post of the redding setup.

Now getting back to loading press and dies, I like the RCBS Rockchucker press KIT for its leverage and everything it has included, and the RCBS carbide dies have served me well since early 1990.
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:39   #4
Any Cal.

+1 on scrapping smiled brass. Any other brass will be cleaned up fine with Lee carbide dies. Hands down choice for reloading is the Lee Classic Cast Turret, second choice is the regular 4 hole turret. Do 200 rnds/hr or run it as a single stage while you learn. If you use the Lee carbide dies the FCD is redundant.
Any Cal. is offline   Reply With Quote