Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-24-2003, 16:15   #1
groverglock
Guns & Hoses

CHEESECAKE - for eddie c.

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping

CRUST
1 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
cup sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted

FILLING
3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
2 eggs

TOPPING
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Additional ground cinnamon you know you want it!

In a bowl mix cracker crumbs and sugar, then add the butter and mix. Press onto and about 1 inches up the side of a 9-in springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 7 minutes til it is set. Cool for at least 10 minutes.

In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add the pumpkin, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Gradually beat in milk and eggs, just until blended. Pour into crust.

Bake a 350 degrees for 55 60 minutes or until center is almost set.

Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a table knife around the outside edge of the cheese cake. Cool for another hour. Chill overnight. Remove the outside of the pan and let stand 30 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top you know you want it!

This is rich cake you can get 12 14 servings out of each cake. Enjoy!

OK eddie Your turn. I have a secret recipe for White Chocolate Rasberry Cheesecake. Don't make me reveal it as a show stoper. It took me over 10 years to pry it out of a lady who finally relented on her death bed. I am leaving for Death Valley for Thanksgiving and will be back Sunday. You have until then to top this one.
Old 11-24-2003, 17:14   #2
Eddie C.
CLM Number A
Administrator

grover you'll have to bring on your showstopper, because that one recipe is all we use. You can't top the best, so why try? Is my saying. Bwahahahahaha! Like I said, my recipe isn't even my own, it was a little old Jewish woman in Brooklyns and then my mother-in-laws. So the credit goes to them. My mother-in-law still doesn't give it out and if she knew I did, she'd probably kill me. Hahahaha! I just wanted all my friends here to have a taste of good old fashioned Jewish New York Cheesecake.;f ;f ;f
"Weapons are tools of power. In the hands of the state they can be the tools of decency or the tools of oppression, depending on the righteousness of that state. In the hands of criminals they are tools of evil. In the hands of free and decent citizens they are tools of liberty. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
- Col. Jeff Cooper
Eddie C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 20:28   #3
TEAK
1*

Send a message via AIM to TEAK
hmmmmmmmmm..... eddies cheesecake with pumpkin pure mixed in^7 ^7 ^5 ^5 ^c

"At contact distances, if you can't shoot him, hit him...Nothing says 'TAP' can't be accomplished by smashing the magazine into his face." - Gomez
TEAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 20:48   #4
Eddie C.
CLM Number A
Administrator

TEAK, you're like me, you love your food! Good man! ;f
"Weapons are tools of power. In the hands of the state they can be the tools of decency or the tools of oppression, depending on the righteousness of that state. In the hands of criminals they are tools of evil. In the hands of free and decent citizens they are tools of liberty. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
- Col. Jeff Cooper
Eddie C. is offline   Reply With Quote