Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-16-2003, 00:05   #1
JOE MACK

Eatin' like the King

I've been getting my potassium from bananas since I was a kid. I like them cut-up in a bowl with a little half and half and maybe a little sugar. My favorite is the peanut butter and banana sandwich, though. I like it on sour dough or wheat nowadays. The peanut butter has to go on first and fairly thick. Next, a layer of butter (enough to clog an atery now) and it MUST be butter, no magarine. The bananas are cut into disks and aligned on the bread just so. At last the second slice of bread is mashed on top driving the bananas through the butter and into the peanut butter. This is served with a couple really cold glasses of milk (plain or chocolate). I like these better than PBJ! Sometimes when it's chilly out, I use toast. Anybody else like Elvis's snack?^5 ^5 ^5

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41
JOE MACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 00:57   #2
MrsKitty

Ummm...I love peanut butter & banana too!

Unfortunately I never eat it--banana is a trigger for migraines with me;g

Ever tried brown sugar and margarine (you would like butter better I can tell) on toast? Pretty good too!
Old 12-23-2003, 00:00   #3
SomeGuyInAHat

I take it one step further - I make fried peanut butter and banana sammiches and wash them down with beer.
^c ~2 ^5 ;V
Old 12-23-2003, 14:36   #4
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Peanut butter & Banana sandwiches - have not had one in more than a decade... then again it has been at least that long for either of the conconctions below also:

As kids we used to make toast with butter, banana slices and sugar and cinnamon on top... mmm

Ok now for the real weird one:

Peanut butter, lettuce and mayo, on sourdough bread. It a favorite from my mom's family... sounds gross, but it is great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:35   #5
Shoeless
Gun Totin' Girl

I have never had peanut butter on a banana. (yet) Peanut butter is one of those things that sounds disgusting combined with other food, UNTIL you try it. LOL...

I looooove peanut butter and Lebanon bologna sandwiches, I love it on apples, and I love it on celery.

Shoeless
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
View my

and
Shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote