Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-23-2003, 21:30   #1
Wayne02

Low Carb Drunk

I'm almost four weeks into the South Beach low carb diet. I haven't had fast food, bread, pasta, cookies, candy, doughnuts, desserts, potato's, fruit, or alcohol for more then 3 weeks now... ok, that's a lie, I had a glass of wine a couple of days ago.

The good book says wine (red, Claret, burgundy, rose, white) is ok at one glass per night, but doesn't allow much other alcohol, except for a very limited amount of a vodka and tomato juice mixed drink. I'm a rum and diet coke type guy, or Jack Daniels whiskey. The book says diet soda is ok, but is listed as "limited".

So, is this what it has come down to, I can drink one glass of wine every night and that's it???? How many carbs and sugars are in rum and JD? Limited diet soda eh? Well, if I jack up the amount of rum, and reduce the amount of soda, that's limited, right?

Also, how much is a glass of wine, 8 oz.? I'm drinking this wine that comes in these little bottles... looks like a "glass" of wine to me. ;P Says it has 187ml in it, how many oz. is that?

Wayne
Wayne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 22:08   #2
hwyhobo

Re: Low Carb Drunk

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne02:
Says it has 187ml in it, how many oz. is that?
6.6 fl oz.
hwyhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:32   #3
Shoeless
Gun Totin' Girl

So Wayne, you never told us how the South Beach Diet is working for you after four weeks!

Shoeless
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
View my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

and
Shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 15:13   #4
ExxoticOne

If you want a nice change...you can do a refreshing drink with a 1-3 ratio of raspberry flavored vodka and raspberry flavored seltzer. Very low in carbs. That is my "diet" drink.
Old 12-26-2003, 16:17   #5
Wayne02

Quote:
Originally posted by Shoeless
So Wayne, you never told us how the South Beach Diet is working for you after four weeks!
Shoeless
I was at about 10-12lbs. of weight loss near the beginning of week 3. Have not checked it recently though. I would expect the weight loss to slow as I slowly add selected carbs back in. But I also return to my four day a week gym schedule next week, so we will see how it goes.

Wayne
Wayne02 is offline   Reply With Quote