SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2004, 08:11   #1
JohnGill

Glock dealer in Pa

Hello,

Glock prices and,everything else,is high in the Philly area.What is a good dealer that offers a fair price on the G17 ? I am willing to travel in Pa. Would a private FFL be better than the shops ? Buying new.

Thanks,

John
JohnGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:45   #2
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

A quote from:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread....hreadid=218895

'The fishing department appears to be one of the best in the world - definitely Cabela's strong suite! Yes, they had a great many firearms on display; but none of the prices were, anywhere near, what I've seen at numerous other area gunshops. I bought my last GLOCK at Gander Mountain in Dickson City. Gander gave me a really good price on a Model 21; and Jason Edwards, the store manager, told me - flat out - that he would meet or beat anyone else's price in the valley - then, he did! I, also, noticed that Gander's shooting supply section was, actually, better stocked than the same section I saw in Hamburg.'

Suggestion: Get your price ideas off the internet; i.e.: GunBroker.com, AuctionArms.com, or pickup a copy of, either, Gun List, or Shotgun News at the paper store. Then, determine what the going rate is for whatever Glock model you're interested in. Next, contact a large dealer/gunsmith organization like Gander Mountain and make your best deal. I actually brought proof of the lowest price I'd found to Gander with me before I placed my order. I would buy, again, from Gander - anytime. (Only at my best price!) Remember their well-trained gunsmiths, 'come with the gun'.

Hope this helps!

Regards, 'AA'
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:47   #3
dgg9

Re: Glock dealer in Pa

I haven't been there in a year, but Classic Pistol always had low prices.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 21:08   #4
WFR

Gander Mountain currently has a sales flyer out with the G37 listed for $499. They usually have several used Glocks for sale too.
Hope this helps!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:59   #5
ShooterJD

Glock dealer!!!

There is a shop in Lebanon that has the best prices on Glock's that I have ever seen. The name is Shyda's Gun Shop phone 1-717-273-6572. If you are interested I have an early 2nd generation G19 with 4 HI CAP NDF mags, and a Kramer horsehide IWB holster that I may be selling. I'm only interested in doing a local deal in the Phila. area. Good luck, ShooterJD
ShooterJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 21:45   #6
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

John,

Give this shop a try: Piestrak's Gun Shop, 1-800-281-0716. They do a large volume of business with local LEO's - both duty and private carry. You might be pleasantly surprised. They're located in Nanticoke, near Wilkes-Barre.

Piestrak's Gun Shop
104 Alden Mountain Rd
Nanticoke, PA 18634-4202

Phone: (570) 735-3776

Here's something, else, you might want to take a look at: http://www.internetarmory.com/Pennsylvania.htm

- 'AA'
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 17:35   #7
MrMunster

Send a message via AIM to MrMunster
Pistol People in Bensalem are not necessarily the cheapest, but they won't screw you either. They are honest, hard working people and won't give you any BS.

Also, give Target Master in Chadds Ford a call. They often have police trade-ins for reasonable prices.

And, if you want to do a road trip, skip Gander Mountain and Cabelas (they are overpriced) and head straight to Wilkes-Barre: http://64.224.40.78/miva/merchant.mv (Call for pricing info.)

We are all dying; it is only a question of the rate.
MrMunster is offline   Reply With Quote