Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:47   #1
WFR

Griswold vs. Wagner (cast iron opinions)

I've been using Griswold cast iron skillets for about 5 years now.
I thought when I moved to PA I'd find more Griswold pieces since Griswold was made in Erie, PA. NOPE!
Mostly I've been finding Wagner cast iron and alot of it is pretty good looking stuff.
Any comments on how good one or the other is?
What's the best place to find Griswold? I need a #8 skillet.
Old 02-25-2004, 18:42   #2
Glockerel
Got Mojo?

I've got an old Wagner 10" that is my main skillet. Best cast iron I've ever used.
I've also got a wagner/griswold muffin pan that I believe is a fake. I guess maybe someone could shed light on whether or not they ever combined.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:43   #3
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

If you just want the pan for cooking - either are great.

For collectibility Grizwold are generally more collectiable, and worth more money. Wagners can be inexpensive or expensive depending on many factors. I own a couple of books on the subject; used to use them to aid in my collecting. You can find more information here:

http://www.griswoldandwagner.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 18:39   #4
Zak3056
NRA Life Member

Send a message via ICQ to Zak3056
Quote:
For collectibility Grizwold are generally more collectiable, and worth more money.
I saw a Griswold 14" skillet at a flea market yesterday with a $300.00 price tag!
"'Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.' That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one, and only, truth." --Fullmetal Alchemist
Zak3056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 13:10   #5
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Zak3056
[B]

I saw a Griswold 14" skillet at a flea market yesterday with a $300.00 price tag!
LOL - I have a ton of very collectiable pans, but 99.99999% of the population does not know the difference, and does not care. I have a few pans I purchased in recent years, and have used a lot. My new (non-collectable) pans are as seasoned as my 90 year old collectable pans. I dare say that most folks can't tell the difference bettween bettween my new and old pans except for the logo, and the logo means nothing to them. I have pans which are worth only $2 and pans which are probably worth a whole lot more than $100. For the most part, I look for pans with some collectibility which I can pick up CHEAP! And I mean CHEAP. (Like 1940s Wagner pans for 50 cents each.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote