SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2007, 19:24   #376
jmshady

I just figured the Stungun guy out.....

Read his signature line....

How did the Air Force guard the Airfield at Balad Air Base in Iraq? They set the perimeter a couple of kilometers inside the Army's perimeter of LSA Anaconda. How do they Guard them here stateside? Behind the civilian contractors outside perimeter.

And yes there is two totally different missions. MP's earn there pay dealing with bad guys. SP wear SF on their shoulder and harass everyone trying to do their job on an airfield. A huge difference. No offense intended to the SP that are here. I was not smart enough to join the AF and live an easy life.

I have had enough of your crap I am calling you a POSER for the simple fact that you have yet to answer the questions posed to you except for some more, away from the point, rambling. I am still waiting to here about the mini knife school, I need a good laugh tonight.

A medic I work with spent time in the Air Force. He washed out of PJ school for medical reasons and has had a good laugh at your posts. PJ's who are Special Forces, I clarify because the AF likes the SF thing for there runway cops, and do not see the schools you mentioned. Neither do the Combat Controllers.

Go swap your stories with Kerry you two will make a good pair.
jmshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 19:38   #377
justinhcannon

I guess it's just different, huh.
Lone Star Glockers#118, G1 Niners#145, IDPA#A28427, 1911 Club#SW1911PD
justinhcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:17   #378
stengun

Howdy jmshady,

Quote:
Originally posted by jmshady

How did the Air Force guard the Airfield at Balad Air Base in Iraq? They set the perimeter a couple of kilometers inside the Army's perimeter of LSA Anaconda. How do they Guard them here stateside? Behind the civilian contractors outside perimeter.

And yes there is two totally different missions. MP's earn there pay dealing with bad guys. SP wear SF on their shoulder and harass everyone trying to do their job on an airfield. A huge difference. No offense intended to the SP that are here. I was not smart enough to join the AF and live an easy life.

I have had enough of your crap I am calling you a POSER for the simple fact that you have yet to answer the questions posed to you except for some more, away from the point, rambling. I am still waiting to here about the mini knife school, I need a good laugh tonight.

A medic I work with spent time in the Air Force. He washed out of PJ school for medical reasons and has had a good laugh at your posts. PJ's who are Special Forces, I clarify because the AF likes the SF thing for there runway cops, and do not see the schools you mentioned. Neither do the Combat Controllers.

Gee, I don't know what the AF does in Iraq in 2007. I got out in 1988 and was never in Iraq. The only AFB on that I've been to outside the USA was Clark AFB in PI. It was guarded by USAF SPs and LEs.

Yea, I remember you. You are one of those malcontent whiners that didn't get to do anything because all you ever did was sat around and whined about everything. Let me guess, all you did was go to boot camp, then some 6 week or so non-rate school, then after a couple of weeks of leave, your were sent to some base and hung out in the barracks most of the time and whiner about everything. Then, when your EOAS was up, they told you to pack your bags and go home. They didn't try to get you to reenlist or offer you any schools, promotions or anything. Yea, I remember your type. In the Navy, your type was TAD to the galley, or the laundry so we did have to deal with you or listen to you whine all the time.

Heck, were you ever even in the military? Being in the Girl Scouts of America and the Brownies does not mean you were in the military.

Mini knife fighting school was held at Bangor Sub base in Bangor, WA in the spring on '87. We also learned about the PR-24 nightstick ( The little baton that has the handle on the side.) They each lasted a week. It beat the hell out of having to listen to a bunch of malcontents whine about everything.

Sp wear SF on their uniforms? Gee, that's news to me. The 1st 2 years we wore the green fatiges. The last 2 years we wore camo BDU's. The only thing that was on our BDUs were a velcroed blacck patch above the lt. hand shirt pocket that listed our name and rank. Nothing else. Surely not anykind of SF patch. We did have 2 different groups of SPs, flight line security and ABGD (Air Base Ground Defense).

Rambling? Heck, I'm just answering the questions as they come up.

You were never in the USAF? Gee, I thought that by your post that you were like a 40 year vetern of the AF and currently stationed at Balad AFB in Iraq and had been a member of the Arkansas Air National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard, since you seem to be a ex-spurt on all of them. Plus the US Navy. How many years did you spend in any of these?

You asked someone at work? That's funny. I work with a guy that swears that Elvis is working at the EZ-Mart on University Ave. in Little Rock, Ar.

Poser? yea, whatever. See the comments above.

Anyway, is my VA check going to be here on the 31st or the 1st this time?

Paul

Edited for this P.S. I like my sig line. "The raping of middle class America.....". Who do you think is going to pay the $5 trillion dollar deficit that Lil' George/Chaney/Haliburton have run up already? It sure isn't going to be Haliburton and the Big Box Store. It's going to be working middle class Americans that is going to hsve to pay for it. Gee, 6 months ago I paid $3.30/gallon for gas now it $1.92/gallon. Same supply w/ even more demand than 6 months ago. Same stuff going on w/ Iraq, Iran and N. Korea. So why so cheap now. Plus everytime a Dem says anything about indicting Big Oil, the price drops a few cents a gallon. Heck at this rate by the '08 elections Big Oil will be paying me to take their gas. PDC

PSS...Dang typos! Gee, there was more, but now I can't find them.

Ok jmshady, let the whining began. Instead of rambling, ask question in a 1.), 2.) 3.) type of order. This makes it alot easier to answer, instead of some off the wall, out in left feild rambling about stuff that I have no idea about what you aer talking about, like the SP wearing SF patches. PDC

Last edited by stengun; 01-30-2007 at 09:34..
stengun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:15   #379
justinhcannon

Quote:
Originally posted by stengun
Howdy jmshady,

Gee, I don't know what the AF does in Iraq in 2007. I got out in 1988 and was never in Iraq. The only AFB on that I've been to outside the USA was Clark AFB in PI. It was guarded by USAF SPs and LEs.

Yea, I remember you. You are one of those malcontent whiners that didn't get to do anything because all you ever did was sat around and whined about everything. Let me guess, all you did was go to boot camp, then some 6 week or so non-rate school, then after a couple of weeks of leave, your were sent to some base and hung out in the barracks most of the time and whiner about everything. Then, when your EOAS was up, they told you to pack your bags and go home. They didn't try to get you to reenlist or offer you any schools, promotions or anything. Yea, I remember your type. In the Navy, your type was TAD to the galley, or the laundry so we did have to deal with you or listen to you whine all the time.

Heck, were you ever even in the military? Being in the Girl Scouts of America and the Brownies does not mean you were in the military.

Mini knife fighting school was held at Bangor Sub base in Bangor, WA in the spring on '87. We also learned about the PR-24 nightstick ( The little baton that has the handle on the side.) They each lasted a week. It beat the hell out of having to listen to a bunch of malcontents whine about everything.

Sp wear SF on their uniforms? Gee, that's news to me. The 1st 2 years we wore the green fatiges. The last 2 years we wore camo BDU's. The only thing that was on our BDUs were a velcroed blacck patch above the lt. hand shirt pocket that listed our name and rank. Nothing else. Surely not anykind of SF patch. We did have 2 different groups of SPs, flight line security and ABGD (Air Base Ground Defense).

You were never in the USAF? Gee, I thought that by your post that you were like a 40 year vetern of the AF and currently stationed at Balad AFB in Iraq and had been a member of the Arkansas Air National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard, since you seem to be a ex-spurt on all of them. Plus the US Navy. How many years did you spend in any of these?

You asked someone at work? That's funny. I work with a guy that swears that Elvis is working at the EZ-Mart on University Ave. in Little Rock, Ar.

Poser? yea, whatever. See the comments above.

Anyway, is my VA check going to be here on the 31st or the 1st this time?

Paul

Edited for this P.S. I like my sig line. "The raping of middle class America.....". Who do you think is going to pay the $5 trillion dollar deficit that Lil' George/Chaney/Haliburton have run up already? It sure isn't going to be Haliburton and the Big Box Store. It's going to be working middle class Americans that is going to hsve to pay for it. Gee, 6 months ago I paid $3.30/gallon for gas now it $1.92/gallon. Same supply w/ even more demand than 6 months ago. Same stuff going on w/ Iraq, Iran and N. Korea. So why so cheap now. Plus everytime a Dem says anything about indicting Big Oil, the price drops a few cents a gallon. Heck at this rate by the '08 elections Big Oil will be paying me to take their gas. PDC

PSS...Dang typos! Gee, there was more, but now I can't find them.

Ok jmshady, let the whining began. Instead of rambling, ask question in a 1.), 2.) 3.) type of order. This makes it alot easier to answer, instead of some off the wall, out in left feild rambling about stuff that I have no idea about what you aer talking about, like the SP wearing SF patches. PDC
Your VA check should be in on the 1st. That's when mine usually comes. However it took over a year to actually get the check. On the plus side...it included back-pay.
As far as politics, leave that to GNG.
As far as you going to all these schools, I'm still going to be wearing waders walking through this. If you did go to these, well good for you. As a member of SOCOM, however, I did NOT have an opportunity for most of these, and neither did anyone I know. Hence my suspicion.
Old 01-30-2007, 14:23   #380
jmshady

Quote:
Actually 9 years in the Army, as a medic, held past ETS date on stop loss because of a 14 month Deployment to OIF II.

Quote:
Asked about schools and service and you talk about some Army BS that shows ignorance, and training with some Army unit.

Quote:
I was refering to Kerry, You know the Swift Boat incident thing and all....

start with this one.
Quote:
how long was basic and tech school add 24 more weeks and the time for a mini school on knife fighting....
Quote:
Why did they let you out Of the air guard so soon?
Where did you do sniper school at?
Old 01-30-2007, 14:54   #381
G8rzfan

Reply for Stengun

Stengun posted:
I guarded the old Titan II missile silos. They are all decomissioned now. They were located north of the Little Rock AFB in the area kinda between Jacksonville, west to Greebriar, north to Heber Springs, east to Cabot and back south to Jacksonville. They are all within a hundred miles of where I live today. Heck, back in the late '90s they were for sale.

It wasn't at my discretion. There are always three people in the control room of an ICBM silo, the launch control officer, his assistant, and a security police (SP). The MIMS crew took care of preparing the missle for launch. If the order to launch was given by the President and for whatever reason, either member of the launch team refused to turn the key and push the button, since it takes two people to launch the missle, it was the duty of the ARMED SP to assist in launching the missle. It wasn't my call, just my duty.

I didn't need to know launch procedures. I just needed to be willing to force the officer(s) to "Push the button" The button was a keyed push button. the keys were locked in a safe and only the officers had access to the keys.

Silo officer was what I was calling the launch control officer. He was usually the ranking officer in the silo, hench, silo officer.

If you have any other questions, ask away. It's been 24 years since I've been in a silo, but ask away, and I'll anwser what I can remember.

Stengun,
I don’t have questions, I have a word of advice…if you are going to post lies; at least do your homework.

Other than Titan IIs being at Little Rock, the rest of your post is pure crapola.

Titan silos were manned by a 4 person missile ops crew:
Missile Combat Crew Commander (officer)
Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander (officer)
Missile Systems Analyst Technician (enlisted)
Missile Facilities Technician (enlisted)

We were armed with issue .38s. As for Security Forces…there were ART Teams that were responsible for topside security. Each ART Team was responsible for 3 sites, called a sector. Each sector had an SP Supervisor. Security personnel did not enter the control center with loaded weapons, period. They were cleared and secured prior to coming down.

MMS personnel were strictly maintenance. They were dispatched to sites on an as needed basis to perform missile or facility maintenance and were not part of missile launch prep.

There was no button to push per se, it was a synchronized key turn. You could not be part of the launch process unless you were very familiar with launch, copy and decode, and message verification procedures.

The common parlance for the crew officers was “commander” and “dep”, unless someone other than the crew was present. During those times we addressed each other by rank/last name.
I know these things because I was a missile systems analyst tech on Titan IIs. I was stationed at Little Rock AFB, AR from Feb 82 until the phase out of the weapon system in Aug 87. I was initially assigned to the 373rd Strategic Missile Squadron, 308th Strategic Missile Wing. I have no problem posting scans of my APRs or DD214 as verification. I even have some pics, if you like.

It took a lot to get through our tech school and even more to maintain our qualification in the field. I cannot sit by and let someone spread lies and half-truths about how we conducted business. We were a well trained, disciplined, and professional group who held up our end of the strategic triad.

Actually, I do have a few questions for you…
Have you ever actually been in a Titan missile silo?
To which complex were you assigned?
How many blast doors did you have to pass through to get to the control center?
What level is the control center on?
What is the TPS-39 system? ( a Titan missile security guy would know)
Can you give me the names of any of the “silo officers”?

You have been called out. I await your response. I hope you step forward and admit your error...and just be content and honest with what you really did in the military. That is where respect lies.

Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.
G8rzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 17:55   #382
jmshady

Quote:
Originally posted by jmshady
Where did you do sniper school at?
http://userpages.aug.com/captbarb/sniper.html

Quote:
Donaldson and seven men graduated April 14 from the first countersniper program for Air Guard security force personnel conducted by the 8-year-old National Guard Sniper School. It was the first program of its kind for any U.S. Air Force component. "The Air Force has been the only ground combat force in this country that does not employ snipers and countersnipers," said Army Guard Sgt. 1st Class Ben Dolan, a former Marine sniper and the school's chief instructor.
This article is from April 14, 2001.

Six years old. FIRST PROGRAM OF IT'S KIND FOR ANY US AIR FORCE COMPONENT

"THE AIRFORCE HAS BEEN THE ONLY GROUND COMBAT FORCE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT DOES NOT EMPLOY SNIPERS AND COUNTERSNIPERS"

The National Guard sniper was 8 years old at that time....ummmm.....14 years old now and you got out something like 20 errr no 24 years ago.

To top that off the school is in Arkansas so you might have been able to fool people with that. Before that the school was available in only two places that I KNOW YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER been to. there are not enough seats to the school either place. To top that off this was the first time AF personnel were trained in this.

That and the post before this is not looking to good for you hero... ohh wait...

Veteran's Forum

Hate it when that happens......

Be a man and be honest about your service and I'll put you back above the dog crap on my shoe.
Old 02-02-2007, 21:17   #383
agentl074

I was at:

Lackland AFB- Basic and Cop school
Minot AFB- need I say more lol and got out as E4 3P051 and loving the experience and tools gained from my tour which has helped me as a Indiana LEO.
*Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty*
agentl074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 14:35   #384
dwoeltje

Vets, tell us about your service

I served for 9 and a half years, from '76 to '85 in the USAF.

Lackland AFB, TX
Kadena AB, Okinawa
Osan AB, Korea
Kunsan AB, Korea,
Clark AB, Philippines
K.I. Sawyer AFB, MI
Keesler AFB, MS
Pope AFB, NC

I served as an Air Force Security Police. When I re-upped, I switch to the Computer Operations field.

Was part of Operation Paul Bunyon and Operation Urgent Fury.
dwoeltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 19:47   #385
USAFE7RET

Apr 69 - May 93 USAF Wpns Mech/Acft Armament Systems

Lackland AFB, TX - Basic
Lowry AFB, CO - Tech Trn
69-71 Luke AFB, Az F-100
71-72 Ubon RTAFB, Thailand A/C-130 Gun Shop
72-73 Loring AFB, Me B-52
73-74 Udorn RTAFB, Thailand F-4
74-78 Luke AFB F-15
78-82 Lowry AFB, Co Instructor
82-89 Castle AFB, Ca B-52 Equipment Maintenance
89-90 Torrojon AB, Spain DCM Staff
90-93 Langley AFB, Va 94FS A little bit of everything
May 93 Retired

We enjoyed our 24 years, made some mistakes along the way but it was a good life.

Last edited by USAFE7RET; 03-19-2007 at 04:57..
USAFE7RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 23:08   #386
justinhcannon

Re: Vets, tell us about your service

Quote:
Originally posted by dwoeltje
I served for 9 and a half years, from '76 to '85 in the USAF.

Lackland AFB, TX
Kadena AB, Okinawa
Osan AB, Korea
Kunsan AB, Korea,
Clark AB, Philippines
K.I. Sawyer AFB, MI
Keesler AFB, MS
Pope AFB, NC

I served as an Air Force Security Police. When I re-upped, I switch to the Computer Operations field.

Was part of Operation Paul Bunyon and Operation Urgent Fury.
Both my parents were stationed at Kadena around tat timeframe. They were both Army Intel at Torii Station
Old 03-20-2007, 17:23   #387
agentl074

So are there any fmr. Cops here that have served in the Northern Tier
Bases?
*Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty*
agentl074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 20:54   #388
Round Pounder

I was Navy from '90 - '96. After about a year-and-a-half of schools in Orlando, Chicago, and Norfolk, I was assigned to the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE) at MacDill AFB, Fl (http://www.jcse.mil/nf/jcse_missionnf.html). My CO was Army, as was the CSM. We obviously had Air Force and a few Marines as well. Joint service all the way.

We provided tactical communications support (mostly satellite but line-of-sight stuff too) to a variety of organizations. Hotspots of the world at that time included (of course) the Middle East and east-central Africa, both of which I spent a fair amount of time deployed to. Also spent some time a bit further east, as far as Pakistan.

I continue to serve today as an independent contractor. No uniform, better pay.

to all who served or are currently serving honorably - in any capacity and in any place!

Life member - VFW Post 101

Last edited by Round Pounder; 03-29-2007 at 21:15..
Round Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:49   #389
Great Googly Moogly
Shiek Yerbouti

Downed pilots/aircrew were VERY happy to see us. They did their job. My job was to get them home safely...at any cost.
Great Googly Moogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:54   #390
Great Googly Moogly
Shiek Yerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshady View Post

Combat Controllers were responsible for the quick route of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

I ran the Pipline in 1975 and earned my MAROON BERET. PJ and CC candidants MUST complete HALO training, or they are out. Period.

Last edited by Great Googly Moogly; 09-10-2010 at 06:28..
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31   #391
Great Googly Moogly
Shiek Yerbouti

Veteran's Forum
Old 09-13-2010, 07:42   #392
Ralff

Enlisted as a 3C in 99
Maxwell AFB in 2000
Osan in 2004
Patrick AFB in 2005

AF decided it didn't need me as a 3C anymore in 2007 (NCORP). Retrained to 9S in 2008 at Goodfellow. Returned to Patrick in 2008 and have been here since.
Ralff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23   #393
J_Rico

Served in the US Navy as an ET 1997-2006.

Boot in Great Lakes.
4 1/2 years on an FFG out of San Diego.
1 Westpac and 2 CracPacs.
Then more schools about a year with hold time at Pensacola.
3 Years at NASJAX. Loved Jacksonville and almost stayed there.

Glad that I served and miss it all the time, but I missed my kids more.
Old 11-10-2011, 19:23   #394
ecurrent
Old Fart

I enlisted in the US Navy in 1972, at 16years of age (I'd already finished high school, Mom signed!). Started as a Fireman Apprentice, switched to the Deck Crew, but ended striking for ET (Nav/Comm & Sat Comm in the early stages). 2 West Pacs (7th Fleet Amphib, LSD-36 & LST-1186), 4 Typhoons, and 2 trips to Shellback land. Should have stayed in, but got out in 76 when they froze advancements. Joined the Marine Corps in 1980 but never finished boot camp (shin splints, tendinitis). Honorable Discharges from both branches. Broke my heart, but only the strong should serve. All in all, I'd say with out a doubt, I have been blessed by our Country. Thanks to all my fellow Vets for your service. Anchors away and Semper Fi
ecurrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 18:15   #395
Harrison
CLM Number 238
Quiet Member

Navy Nuke 1973-1981 MM1

USS South Carolina CGN 37
USS Nimitz CVN 68
USS L.Y. Spear AS 36

I also did some time on the USS Dixie AD 14 in San Diego waiting for my nuke class to form up.

BMW R1200R Blue
Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero Black
Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 19:29   #396
deutscheglocker

It's been a while since I was back here. My info is back in 04 or so.

Anyone recognize this?

Veteran's Forum
Pennsylvania Glocker #74
deutscheglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:38   #397
ernier

Enlisted in aug of 90 and shipped out to Ft Sill for 13b OSUT completed training and shipped to Hanau Germany and assigned to C btry 2/20 Fa Bn an 8 inch howitzer unit in december of 90. I stayed in germany till early 92 when unit was deactivated due howitzer being phased out . Sent to Fort Hood to finish out my service assigned to A-Btry 333 fa 1st Calvary Div. Ets in Dec 92 . And finished out my commitment with Texas Army Natl Guard as a 54b

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
ernier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26   #398
mgentry

24 plus years in the United States Air Force.
Flunked out of Mississippi State (1966) - got draft notice so I enlisted in the AF.
Lackland AFB, TX - Basic Training - Sept 1966
Keesler AFB, MS - Electronics and Radar repair and operator school
1st Combat Eval Gp - Statesboro, GA
Two tours in Viet Nam - Bien Hoa
Returned to Mississippi State - Sept 1970
Competed my degree and commissioned in AF (May 1973)
Pilot Training at Columbus AFB, MS
Got my wings 1974
Selected to be a T-38 Instructor Pilot
New Assignment B-52 (1977) CCTS - Castle AFB, CA
Barksdale AFB, LA 1978 (B-52G)
Offutt AFB, NE 1982 (HQ)
Carswell AFB, TX 1988 (B-52H)
Air Force ROTC Oklahoma State University (1992)
Retired 1993 from active duty
Air Force Junior ROTC at Madison Central HS for 18 years (1993 -2011)
Retired - really retired!
Had a blast and got paid to do it!

Last edited by mgentry; 07-19-2012 at 08:29..
mgentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:03   #399
crazyasian1

17 years in the AF and still truckin', Security Forces by choice, no open general for me! Been to Dyess 93-98, Kunsan 98-99, Patrick 99-07, Offutt 07-09 and the NRO 09-current. Also deployed to Ali al Salem, al Dhafra, LSA Anaconda and COB Speicher. Best tour was at Anaconda, where I ran a squad of gun trucks from Det 2632 with the 181 Trans BN. Army actually awarded me a combat patch and CAB for *gasp!!* actual combat actions. Yes you read that right, AIR FORCE.... SECURITY (not SPECIAL) FORCES... in combat.

Of course the AF won't let me wear them but they are a source of pride and sure will look purty in the retirement shadow box.
Old 07-20-2012, 00:01   #400
MrMurphy
Head Sheepdog

You aren't the only one. I got stuck at the Deid, which was better than no deployment at all, but not much of one.

Others from my unit saw pretty extensive outside the wire action running around Baghdad with the INP (more or less playing infantry for a year as backup to the INP guys), others were in Kirkuk, Bucca (inside and outside) and many other places.

And yeah, those guys at Balad? They wanted to get out and fight too. Got to follow orders, even the dumber ones. We didn't go out of our way to harass anyone, anywhere, unless they were being extremely dumb.

I was never Northern Tier, though I've known quite a few guys who were (some of the guys I was at the Deid with had finally escaped Minot for England and then deployed), and some of stengun's stuff sounds quite a bit suspect......including all those schools.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote