Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-05-2004, 18:35   #1
marine doc

My Other Lifetime

In 1966 as Vietnam was in full swing my buddies and I joined the Naval Air Reserves. We all thought that would be a great way to serve our country and avoid being drafted in the Army. Well it worked. My buddies sent me pictures of themselves on an Aircraft Carrier heading for Italy and beyond.
As for me, I didn't go to Vietnam with the Army, I became a corpsman and went to Vietnam with the Marines. I was a grunt corpsman. I'm still a grunt corpsman( in spirit )

Semper Fi
marine doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:58   #2
JoeG19

Re: My Other Lifetime

Quote:
Originally posted by marine doc
As for me, I didn't go to Vietnam with the Army, I became a corpsman and went to Vietnam with the Marines. I was a grunt corpsman. I'm still a grunt corpsman( in spirit )Semper Fi
Doc: You're tops in my book! What unit? - 'ole joe M/3/3 & 3rdMarSubUnit - 1965

LFI-1
The Only Latin I Know:
Montani Semper Liberi
Semper Fidelis
www.usmcmuseum.org

Last edited by JoeG19; 05-06-2004 at 08:00..
JoeG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:25   #3
Rob_0811

ooh-rah, Doc.

Semper Fidelis,

Rob
Rob_0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:39   #4
Steve in PA

I know we treated "our" corpsman like they were Marines. You don't mess with a Navy Corpsman in a grunt unit.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps. Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945"
Steve in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 20:06   #5
MR. Fantastic

Re: My Other Lifetime

Quote:
Originally posted by marine doc
In 1966 as Vietnam was in full swing my buddies and I joined the Naval Air Reserves. We all thought that would be a great way to serve our country and avoid being drafted in the Army. Well it worked. My buddies sent me pictures of themselves on an Aircraft Carrier heading for Italy and beyond.
As for me, I didn't go to Vietnam with the Army, I became a corpsman and went to Vietnam with the Marines. I was a grunt corpsman. I'm still a grunt corpsman( in spirit )

Semper Fi

So do you regret going to "The Nam" instead of Italy and beyond? Nevermind I know the answer to that. Ooh rah doc.
MR. Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 21:33   #6
RussP

Re: Re: My Other Lifetime

Quote:
Originally posted by MR. Fantastic
So do you regret going to "The Nam" instead of Italy and beyond? Nevermind I know the answer to that. Ooh rah doc.
MR. Fantastic, read some of your recent posts, didn't see your post in the "Vets, tell us about your service" thread.

Tell us again when you served?

RussP

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 22:28   #7
marine doc

Mr. Fantastic I have NO REGREATS. I served with the BEST FIGHTING FORCE on this earth. I am very proud to wear their uniform.

SEMPER FI !
Old 05-11-2004, 13:37   #8
CarlosDJackal

The trully unsung heroes of an Infantry unit are the Combat Medics. I still remember one of the best I ever served with: Doc Barrett. The last time I heard he was waiting to go to PA school (back in 1988).

Combat Medics can be relied on to do their best to keep the injured alive regardless of how much fire they are under. In a situation where everyone else is trying their best to kill their enemy, Medics are there to do the complete opposite.

I've never been in combat (my Parent's prayers were too strong). But it was comforting to know that if any of us were injured whether in peace or in war, Doc Barrett would be there to treat us.

;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c
CarlosDJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 15:54   #9
marine doc

Hi Carlos,
What you said was true. But if it were't for the Marine riflemen, I wouldn't be here today answering your thread.
Again it all comes down to PRIDE AND APPRECIATION. I took care of my Marines and they took care of me.

Semper Fi