SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-05-2004, 22:29   #1
mrdoright04/05

Send a message via Yahoo to mrdoright04/05
Shooting Black Birds.

How many here shoot black birds? Its legal in Alabama to shoot Starlings, I took two with my Gamo Shadow 1000 177 cal pellet rifle. These pellet rifles are Powerful. I shot one bird as it was walking toward me, in the chest or breast the pellet went straight through the bird. He wasnt going anywhere. It looked gross. The second bird was a lucky head shot it took half his head off.;P Im going to do more bird shooting and chipmunk shooting in the morning and early evening.;f

Last edited by mrdoright04/05; 05-05-2004 at 22:31..
mrdoright04/05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 22:57   #2
firminw

How 'bout rats ?

Say man try rat shooting sometime. It's what pellet rifles were really made for. Just find someplace that has a lot of dumpsters and go late at night so you can illuminate them with your headlights. Time was when supermarkets were your best A.O. North Carolina used to have large dumpsters throughout the counties for public dumping and they were great sources for the hairy little plague carriers. I had one of the first Chinese SKS trainer pellet guns, it shot 'bout 800 fps, boy howdy could it mess up a rats day. I loaned it to a friend of mine and he got sent to the big house and the state confiscated my gun. How do you like your Gamo? I'm gonna buy another one but I want a quality rifle this time. Try it you'll like it.
Old 05-05-2004, 23:56   #3
mrdoright04/05

I have already tried rats.;f I have a friend that has a backyard shed infested with rats. The rats are eating his dogs food. We sat out in his backyard for about two-three days, trying to atleast get one or two.But, We couldnt hit the rats they were too fast. We later placed poison in his shed and a couple days later we found rats everywhere. All the way from the shed, up to the road he lives on either dead or very sick. We counted about 11 in all.

My uncle has a yard infested with chipmunks. I mean they are everywhere also. Im going there Thursday and try my luck with them. It should be fun. Im shooting the Blackbirds for my dad. He wants to keep them out of his garden.

I like the Gamo alot. The only thing that I dont like is the stiff trigger. But you get use to it. I really like the click adjustable Tru Glow sights. Very Accurate and hard hitting pellet rifle.^c

If you get another pellet rifle keep in touch. I like to hear Pellet rifle stories. B Sheridan makes a hard hitting rifle also. I hear that Winchester (Daisy) are pretty good shooter too. Check outhttp://pyramydair.com

Last edited by mrdoright04/05; 05-06-2004 at 00:19..
Old 05-06-2004, 21:03   #4
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Man!! Mrdoright--your having all the fun!!! I gotta get one of those gamo rifles--sounds like a blast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Dogbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:27   #5
mrdoright04/05

What I dislike about the Gamo is the trigger. The trigger on mine is HEAVY. But with practice you get use to it. Beeman Match Flat Nose pellets are the most accurate in my gun. I also like the Beeman HollowPoints made in Germany also. But the heavier the pellet the better.

Last edited by mrdoright04/05; 05-07-2004 at 12:35..
Old 05-07-2004, 15:19   #6
Shaner

Jeez I really want one of these Gamo's.... Gotta be someway to get 1 into Canada..
Shaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:25   #7
Walter45Auto

Send a message via Yahoo to Walter45Auto
www.crowbusters.com

;g
Old 06-23-2004, 15:52   #8
zorrro

Send a message via Yahoo to zorrro
Hi everybody! i've been using gamo air guns for years and i like them very much (here in Spain is a pain in the butt to own a firegun)i started with an expomatic 4.5 mm (177)and have killed a lot of rats and birds up to the size of crows. Last year i bought a gamo cf30 in 5.5 mm (22)fixed barrel, it's really powerful and acurate, check new model gamo cfx a bit more poweful, (both 177 and 22 caliber) for 160 euros. I love this guns.
zorrro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 18:14   #9
Tennessee Slim
CLM Number 93
Señor Member

Has anyone compared a Gamo to the equivalent model in an RWS?

"The principal feature of American liberalism is sanctimoniousness. By loudly denouncing all bad things — war and hunger and date rape — liberals testify to their own terrific goodness. More important, they promote themselves to membership in a self-selecting elite of those who care deeply about such things.... It's a kind of natural aristocracy, and the wonderful thing about this aristocracy is that you don't have to be brave, smart, strong or even lucky to join it, you just have to be liberal."
-- P.J. O'Rourke (1992)
Tennessee Slim is offline   Reply With Quote