Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-05-2004, 22:00   #1
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

Couple of neat planes at the airport today

On the way home from work I slid past Hooks Airport (Tomball TX) today and took a couple of shots. I used my PalmOne instead of my camera so the detail isn't real crisp but they came out decent.

I saw two military jets tucked in the back corner of one of the hangers, French I think, but I didn't stop to ask permission to take some photos.

NRA Life Benefactor Member, AMA Champion Member, AOPA Member, ARRL Member, GOA Life Member
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 22:01   #2
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

This looked pretty neat. A Jetcruzer. Turbine pusher prop.

NRA Life Benefactor Member, AMA Champion Member, AOPA Member, ARRL Member, GOA Life Member
Old 06-07-2004, 07:42   #3
DesertEagle
CLM Number 57
OH HELL MY HEAD

Send a message via AIM to DesertEagle Send a message via Yahoo to DesertEagle
Hm, the jet cruiser looks like the younger brother of the Beech starship (IIRC the name)

D.E.
Bladerunner: #1208 - Forty Club: #1208 - HiPo Club - Niner's: #1208 - Rimfire: #69
DesertEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:29   #4
FLMarine

The first picture is the old Navy trainer T-28. That thing had a 1200 hp radial engine if I remember correctly. They had a model of the T-28 outside the O-club in Corpus Christi NAS and that thing was really tall and big compaired to the T-34C. I would have loved to fly one of those things though, looks like a fun plane.
FLMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 15:23   #5
TimC
Uhavthecontrols

Quote:
Originally posted by FLMarine
The first picture is the old Navy trainer T-28. That thing had a 1200 hp radial engine if I remember correctly.
1,425 h.p. Wright R1820 9-cylinder radial. One of my favorite sounds next to a UH-1.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 20:07   #6
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

Quote:
Originally posted by FLMarine
The first picture is the old Navy trainer T-28.
Yeah, I guess I should have given some more details. There used to be an air combat company based here and I think this was one of their aircraft. They probably still do it, but I haven't seen them advertised in quite a while. They may have just changed to an aerobatics instruction format with the occassional combat flight once in a while.

They used to do the air combat over Lake Conroe which is just a little ways up the road from Hooks. I never had the bucks to do it, but sure would have liked to try it.

Old 06-07-2004, 20:29   #7
M2 Carbine

The reserve unit I was in had one or two T-28's but I never got a ride.

There's a couple here at Hicks field, near Fort Worth where I use to rent FW once in a while.
I heard one or two were damaged a little while back.
I think someone crashed into them.
M2 Carbine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 18:36   #8
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

A couple of familiar faces for M2...

Old 06-10-2004, 18:37   #9
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

Is it real?

Last edited by Texas T; 06-10-2004 at 18:42..