Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-10-2004, 23:27   #1
vart

Sat on a Marauder 800 today...help me!

I stopped by a cycle shop today to get some goggles and numbers for my son's new Suzuki JR80 and browsed the toys.
They had a Suzuki Marauder 800 in blue on sale for $5500 and I sat on it for kicks.
Wow! I really liked the way it felt, nice balance, handlebars were perfect, etc.
It was just a really cool bike.
I've been wanting a dual-sport so I can ride with my son, but, there aren't any places to ride out here besides a couple of acres here and there.
I don't think a dual-sport would be all that useful. But a street-bike would be way cool to cruise around town on and take short trips in the country on.
But, a motorcycle really isn't that practical, and I need a new roof, and I'm taking a vacation this summer...
I just really, really, really wanted that bike today
;g ;g

Stop me before I actually buy one;P
Moto Club

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

"Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk"
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 01:23   #2
matt3310
who me???

DO IT!!!!!!!! BUY IT!!!!!!!!!! You know you want to!!! You only live once!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

Thanks Eric for Glock Talk!!!!
Moto Club #1
matt3310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:15   #3
bassman-dan
NRA Lifer

Whewww!

That is one good lookin' bike!
I know exactly how you feel. I am currently lusting over a Harley Sportster that I can't afford until the daughter gets out of college.
Good Luck!
bassman-dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:39   #4
Rule10b5

Nice bike. You'd be surprised, though, about the performance of some of the newer dual sports on-road. My BMW F650GS Dakar is almost as comfy as some of the touring bikes I've ridden. Not bad vibration at all, and overall excellent handling.
The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney.
Rule10b5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:12   #5
vart

Quote:
Originally posted by Rule10b5
My BMW F650GS Dakar is almost as comfy as some of the touring bikes I've ridden. Not bad vibration at all, and overall excellent handling.
Two of my friends back in Idaho each bought a BMW F650GS, one is a Dakar, and the other is all black.
I've ridden the Dakar and really liked it, but at $8500, it's a bit out of my price range:( .

Old 06-11-2004, 13:23   #6
jthuang
On The Jazz

Send a message via AIM to jthuang Send a message via Yahoo to jthuang
Easy, look for a used Marauder (or similar ... every maker's got a similar 750-800cc cruiser like the Kawasaki Vulcan, etc.). You save money and you get a bike at the same time.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:18   #7
Rule10b5

True, the Dakar is pricey. Though I got mine for $6400, with 150 miles on it and a ding on the exhaust cover.

Some guy bought it, dropped it offroad, and traded it in the next day for a touring bike.
The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney.
Rule10b5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 16:17   #8
bassman-dan
NRA Lifer

head to head

Vart,
Saw a head to head road test a while back comparing the '03 models of Suzuki, Kawasaki, HD, & Honda cruisers priced at $6000 or less.
The HD Sportster has been considerably improved in the last year but would no longer fit the price criteria.
Anyway, the Honda Shadow & Suzuki Marauder finished neck & neck for 1st place with a slight edge given to the Suzuki for being better-looking. (I agree)
Now I realize that such tests are subjective, but I've heard nothing but good things from Marauder owners. Heck, I even went by the local Suzuki shop myself but they didn't have any in stock. End of the model year I guess. Will have to check back.
So...are you still looking?
bassman-dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 23:44   #9
vart

I have slapped myself into reality and decided to focus on repairing my house and 3 pickups for this summer.
I may actually get a bike next Spring, but for now, I must resist the urge to look upon the intoxicating beauty of the Marauder;g .

Old 06-16-2004, 12:44   #10
Bandalero

Quote:
Originally posted by vart
I have slapped myself into reality and decided to focus on repairing my house and 3 pickups for this summer.
I may actually get a bike next Spring, but for now, I must resist the urge to look upon the intoxicating beauty of the Marauder;g .

No more Intruders, Volusias and Marauders for Suzuki. All their new '05 cruisers will carry the "Boulevard" brand name and be named by their cubic inch (ci's) displacement, not cubic centimeters (cc's). Also, no more chain drives. They'll all be shaft driven.
Here's the info:
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/new...ates/suz2005a/

Git 'er done...
Bandalero is offline   Reply With Quote