Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-07-2004, 19:08   #1
JDJ

Interceptor Question

Anybody know the horsepower and torque ratings for the '04 Honda Interceptor? Thanks.
JDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 19:44   #2
rbielak
PPD

The '02 (the first year for the VTEC) was rated at:

Horsepower: 99.1 @ 10,750 rpm
Torque: 54.2 ft.-lb. @ 8750 rpm

If you're a VFR rider, I suggest you subscribe to the Honda VF/VFR Internet Mailing list: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr-list/

Once you realize what an AWESOME VF/VFR resource it is (in addition to being one of the best moto mailing lists around), we'll see you at our next WDGAH gathering in New Hampshire - the WDGAH or "We Don't Give A Hoot" - www.wdgah.org

bob@wdgah.org
www.wdgah.org
'98 VFR800 - "HUAHH"
'96 VFR750 - Gone
Old 06-09-2004, 17:22   #3
JDJ

Thanks. I'm trying to decide what bike to get. I've owned a CBR 900 RR, a Ducati 750 Supersport, and others in the past. I'm starting to get a bit old to be laying on the tank ALL the time, and so I'm looking around at other models. But that CBR 1000 RR or the Kawasaki XR-10 sure are tempting!

I've poked around the WDGAH website a bit. Seems like good folk. I'd really like to ride an Interceptor before buying, but haven't found one to try yet. Know anyone in my area?
Old 06-09-2004, 18:16   #4
rbielak
PPD

Subscribe to the mailing list. All it takes is two emails (one to subscribe and one to confirm).

Then, just post to the list. Based on the type of people who subscribe to the VF/VFR mailing list (I know damn near every one of them, and I know hundreds from around the USA from meeting them in person), there will be half a dozen people willing to meet up with you in your area and let you check out their bike or even take it for a spin.

Unsubscribing is simple, too. Just send an email with the word 'unsubscribe' in the body - and you're done.

I have a feeling that you'll enjoy the list, though. Many people stay subscribed years AFTER they sell their VFR and move on to another bike. And many do what you might be doing --- subscribing to the list to research everything BEFORE you buy it - to make sure you're buying the RIGHT bike, the RIGHT year, the RIGHT gear/accessories, etc.

Feel free to send me any more questions.
Old 06-09-2004, 20:46   #5
JDJ

Will do. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2004, 17:12   #6
fastvfr
Ancient Tech

Send a message via Yahoo to fastvfr
The VFR isn't exactly equipped with Heli-bars, so you will likely be laying prone on the tank for part of long rides to rest your wrists and arms.

And, the windscreen isn't real high, so you get windblasted from about mid-chest up, which as you know can help keep you upright, but also buffets you badly when passing or following anything car-sized or bigger.

When I trade, I'll be getting either a ST 1300 or a CBR 1100XX.

YMMV!

FastVFR
fastvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:56   #7
bocadoc

glocktalk of vfr world: vfrdiscussion.com, anything you want to know about the living legend.
bocadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 18:47   #8
rbielak
PPD

Quote:
Originally posted by bocadoc
glocktalk of vfr world: vfrdiscussion.com, anything you want to know about the living legend.
VF/VFR Internet Mailing List: Been around much longer than VFRDiscussion and much, much more technical resources (although some of them also participate on vfrdiscussion.com).

Mailing list: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr-list/

www.wdgah.org - Home of WDGAH and COTU - the VF/VFR Internet Mailing List's various annual gatherings (photos, trip reports).