Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 23:04   #1
Claywms

Now why would I be banned from Sigforum?

Hi folks. Odd thing here. I'm purchasing a Sig so I thought I'd join over at the Sigforum. When I try to register it says my e-mail address has been banned from the forum!

Now, how in the world could that be? I have always been a responsible member of online forums like GlockTalk and TheHighRoad. I have always been mellow and respectful in my posts and I have done some trading, buying and selling and have gained a good reputation. Why would I be banned from another forum?

Could the moderator possibly just ban all members of GlockTalk somehow? I'm confused.
Old 07-07-2004, 23:32   #2
D-E-F-E-N-S-E!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

If you have a hotmail account, that is the reason...
for some reason their server does not accept hotmail accounts as valid e-mail addresses. People have been complaining about that for awhile.
Old 07-08-2004, 00:47   #3
Sektor
Ravishing One

yup, a couple forums I have joined in the past automaticall dont allow anyone with hotmail, yahoo or any of those free email services join. usually they will have that in bold to inform people. if you have another email like through your local isp maybe use that one instead.

When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:07   #4
CyByte
Fourm_Tard

Send a message via ICQ to CyByte Send a message via Yahoo to CyByte
that sucks. my isp does not give me an email and I use my hotmail and yahoo emails.

if you can not get one from your isp, try to email them and see if they will let you use yahoo's pop3 accounts. you must pay for them but you get 2gigabyes of space.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:04   #5
ax157
Libertarian

There are really tons of solutions for this problem, And while I see why they ban the hotmail and yahoo addresses (I would probably do so myself if I ran a forum), they really should tell you that when the account is rejected.

Anyway, You have several options, but I will only list the easyest.

Forwarding, there are tons of places you can get an address and have it forwarded to your existing email address.

One place that comes to mind is cjb.net. You can go there, set up an account for somename.cjb.net, and have it forward to your hotmail address.

You can then use somename@somename.cjb.net, and the email will be forwarded to hotmail.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:09   #6
Coffindodger!

Back when they were all owned by the same entity (about two years ago), I was banned at Sigforum, S&W forum, Ruger forum, Taurus forum, ect. when I suggested at the S&W forum and on The Firing Line forum (TFL had nothing to do with it unless one of their minions at the time had read it there) that they were pro Al-Qaeda for shutting down all of their forums for the first anniversary of September 11, 2001. ;z
Old 07-08-2004, 07:59   #7
OXCOPS

I would suggest you email one of the admins there and ask. Explain the situation and see what they have to say. It could be that someone tried to register using your email a while back. It could also be that someone was banned from the site and they banned the whole IP range, which yours may fall into.

You won't know unless you contact one of them. No offense, but asking here won't do anything but have someone (other than you) start a "board war" which Eric has stated many times he does not want.

FWIW, I signed up a while back using my yahoo account. I have had no problems with it.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:12   #8
vafish

There are lots of other free e-mail services besides Yahoo and Hotmail, they are singled out because they are the biggest.

Just search around for another free service. (and put up with the junk mail and pop ups)
educate children." -- Confucius
Old 07-08-2004, 08:37   #9
DMF
P33

They accept yahoo. I used a yahoo account to register.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:16   #10
grunge
Master of Funk

softhome.net Free pop3 and web based email. I have used them for 5 years as my primary email account.

They send about 2 spam a day but filter out all non sofhome spam.

I really like my softhome account, I have changed ISPs 4 times in 5 years but always had the same email. And web based email sucks pop3 is where its at
In no perticular order - Sig 228 - Sig 226 - Sig Pro 2009 - Hammerli/sig Trailside comp - Buckmark Bullseye - HK USP 45 Stainless - HK USP Compact 45 Stainless - Glock 19 - Dan Wesson Pointman Aussie - keltec 3AT - Kahr PM9 - Kahr K9 - Tanfoglio Witness 9mm Fullsize - Springfield XD 3" SC
Old 07-08-2004, 09:26   #11
grunge
Master of Funk

what sig are you gettting?
In no perticular order - Sig 228 - Sig 226 - Sig Pro 2009 - Hammerli/sig Trailside comp - Buckmark Bullseye - HK USP 45 Stainless - HK USP Compact 45 Stainless - Glock 19 - Dan Wesson Pointman Aussie - keltec 3AT - Kahr PM9 - Kahr K9 - Tanfoglio Witness 9mm Fullsize - Springfield XD 3" SC
Old 07-08-2004, 14:28   #12
Claywms

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I'm getting a P220 two-tone.
Old 07-08-2004, 16:06   #13
magsnubby
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Oxcops,
I emailed the S&W Forum three times asking why my email address (yahoo)was banned and they never answered me. Guess they don't want any new blood. Didn't seem like that great of a forum anyway.
Old 07-08-2004, 18:06   #14
crpydy
BachelorJack

sigforum suspended my account a few days ago. No notice just suspended it and deleted what I had posted. A few members were complaining and arguing like children about an ex member who was bashing (sigforum) on ar15.com or something. It got real childish. I posted that I thought it was funny like children fighting over a tree fort. Within minutes my account was suspended and I have been a member for years. No notice, no email, no nothing. Days later I still have not recieved any response from them.

I'm pissed. Just ticked, and if I could logon I would tell parabellum the head moderator what I thought. Unfortunately I cannot. If he reads this be sure to have him email me. Same username on all the boards I frequent.

Oh well, no great loss. If anyone would be kind enough to refer one of their moderators to this thread I would appreciate it. Maybe then they could bash and argue about me. Then some other guy might get banned for telling them how childish they-re being.....
Old 07-08-2004, 19:52   #15
Incenter12

crpydy, message posted for Para. I hope this gets figured out for ya.
Old 07-08-2004, 19:52   #16
crpydy
BachelorJack

'preciate it
Old 07-08-2004, 20:56   #17
danc46

Let it go!

Last edited by danc46; 07-09-2004 at 09:52..
Old 07-08-2004, 23:17   #18
D-E-F-E-N-S-E!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I am a member of SF (different name) and know that Parabellum runs a tight ship over there. He bans people only when they break the rules, from what I've seen(personal attacks, or just being a blatant troll). I have seen many instances where he disagrees with a member and agrees to disagree. I see no reason to bash another forum. If you were banned, I am sure there was a reason beyond what you are sharing here. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2004, 23:38   #19
crpydy
BachelorJack

See now it's people like that. Couldn't it possibly have been a simple mistake? An accident perhaps? Moderators do act immature sometimes, especially when they're angry. Nope, not knowing anything, you believe I was justly punished. Quick to type out a quick note approving my suspension aren't we? He must be guilty........

And I haven't bashed any forum. Sigforum is full of knowledgeble people and deals. Despite being banned, I will continue to lurk around reading and learning all that I can. I do have an issue with the way I was treated. When I stumbled accross this thread I thought, what a perfect place to voice my opinion. As I said I would have emailed the head moderator but I am blocked from doing so.

Scroll back up and see who started this thread. It's not started by anyone named crpydy. The spelling would be the biggest hint that we are not one and the same. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2004, 23:48   #20
danc46

DEFENSE, some good people aren't happy with the way they have been treated over there.

Last edited by danc46; 07-09-2004 at 09:53..

Closed Thread