Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-08-2004, 17:15   #1
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

Scenes from a Gunshow (2004)

I think there are a few BoG's outside of Manila who won;t be able to attend the Gun Show.
This is for them.
(I've corrected some errors and added more photos
apologies to WSC - Weapons Systems Corporation for earlier confusion)

First day at the Gun Show in Mega Mall (MegaTrade Hall).
As expected, the place was fairly crowded.
I and my wife got there just after it opened, and well, here are the few pics I could snap that weren't completely obscured by the milling throng.

Band of Glockers
P50.00 entrance ticket for adults.

Band of Glockers
The Armscor booth was better laid out than last year, spreading the autoloaders over a longer stretch to prevent overcrowding. Sadly, it was still too crowded to get a good pic, so I got their large display area from the shotguns side, na lang. Custome service was excellent this year, despite the inquiry overload.

Band of Glockers
Across and further down the aisle, the large SAM booth wasn't quite set up yet, but there was a lot of interest in their SAM pistols and their spare, forged slides, and questions as to whether those would drop-in fit an Armscor frame. Nice selection of imports, though their Jennings and Lorcins were as always, good for many yuks.

Band of Glockers
The Twin Pines booth was less central than last year's. Their RIA 1911's and their S&W's (with some very nice Ruger 44's ---did I really see a .480?) commanded a lot of attention, but the people manning the long counter seemed a little drained (within the first couple of hours of the GunShow?? Setup must have been a nightmare.)

Band of Glockers
Magnificent World got a quieter, central-aisle booth location, and reaped the dividends with female consumers. Their display counters were a little too low, though... Nice friendly staff, compensting for the sour air in the PPSA booth nearby.

Band of Glockers
I liked the Weapons Systems Corp booth, very spiffy, clean and attractive. The counters were very well-lighted to beter display some very nice pistols: Colt's, Norinco, Glock, Llama, etc...

Hahn had a very nice display, though (like Armscor) they needed to spread the pistols out to prevent crowding. They have some interesting new Hahn-branded ammo (none for my .380 though....waaaah!)

P.B.Dionisio showed off its broad selection of scatterguns, rifles, and a few SMG's. It was unfortunately right next to Advanbced Weapons Systems' M4a1-nutty crowd, drooling over the Bushmasters and folding-stock H&K MP5's. I was getting jostled left and right. But if you like shotties and rifles... wooohaaaa! Get a load of their full-auto CZ-75 Select:
Band of Glockers

Band of Glockers
I think this was the Trust Trade booth. Glock and Taurus, and pretty much everything else. I was pretty tired at this point, but very happy.

The tiny Secure Arms booth featured a .380 autopistol bonanza:
Browning BDA, Sig P232, Bers Thunder 380, Llama Micromax 380
and an interesting Daewoo 380, along with the usual .45's and wondr9's. They could use a poster or two to cheer the booth up.

Band of Glockers
The Starfire booth was among the busiest. A lot of attention (and fondling) was directed at their modestly-rollmarked Ranger M1911A1's, FEG Hi-Powers, and other pistols.

Band of Glockers
Stronghand (aka HS2000/XD ground zero, hehe) showed off its reloading equipment, accessories, and of course, its Croatian blasters. I was lucky to get a clear shot of the booth. Normally there were too many people in the way.

Normally I wait til the last day of the show --les crowded, with generally better-educated (firearms-wise) shoppers. First couple of days there are a lot of clowns pointing deliberately at you and pulling triggers. I don't care if the display models are empty --I don't like it. If anyone had pointed at my wife, they would have gotten an earful. Anyways...the trade show's refreshment area featured Casa Ilongga (pretty good) and some other concessions, and the PNP-FED booth was better manned, but had little literature to offer this year.

There were more outlets carrying Bersa and Llama pistols than last year --they must be selling well enough. There were fewer outlets offering GI Norincos, though the two-toned versions were fairly well-represented. I didn't see the much-maligned Art Lantin's this year --maybe I just missed it. I was hoping CLIP Merchandising would offer a bigger gunshow discount on its magazines, but...no joy.

Best bargains/standouts I ran into?
The Armscor GI (5", park) is selling for only P10,800
There was a Colt Pony selling for P40,000
Norinco NP-27 Special Two Tone Compact P22,000

There was some interesting Buffalo prefragged JHP that might be worth looking into (P150.00 up per round, depending on caliber).

-------------
As for running into any BoG's...
Just as well
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111

Last edited by horge; 07-10-2004 at 03:04..
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 18:22   #2
Alexii
Janeway Forever

Nice horge!^c

Me and a friend also chanced upon the Glock representative from Hongkong and told him of our collective concerns about their brand. Concerns like breechface failures, the E-series hysteria, and dryfiring. He said that Glock only warrants 40k rounds for their pistols and dryfiring is included (!) It seems he has heard these complaints before as he had ready answers off the top of his head.

He was very congenial and polite; he even gave us a free 2004 annual and an impressive Buyer's Guide Glock catalogue. We invited him to join our group today (as majority of the BOGs will meet tonight and sure to have questions of their own) but had to beg off as he's headed out of the country today. Maybe next gunshow.

BOG #13
Alexii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 18:23   #3
Eye Cutter

;f;f;f

horge, you should make journalism your 2nd career, if it isn't already! very enjoyable read! wish i can make it to the gunshow, too much work!!! waaahhhh!!!
Eye Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 18:25   #4
Eye Cutter

anyone see the CZ UB reps? Milan is quite a jolly person!
Eye Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 19:46   #5
bass one

Thank you very much Horge. You are so kind to have done this for us. There is no way for me to go and see these gunshows as I only come home during the Christmas season.

I feel like a blind man listening to someone describe the beauty of nature...sob...
BOG #113
bass one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 19:56   #6
batangueno
Shock Resist

Nice writeup horge. ^c

Alexii, the glock representative actually bribed you then got scared of the possibility of meeting other ranting BOGs. ;f
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 20:05   #7
mc_oliver

Was there in the morning, too, yesterday. Caught Mannix haggling for his lefty holster sa PB booth. Mukhang seryoso na lumaban yung mama. ;f

I particularly noticed the cute Walthers (P99?) in .22cal. They would be perfect for young shooters with very small hands.

I didn't expect Armscor to drop their prices on their GI series that much. Imagine a singlestack in 9mm for only 8.8K! Palit 40 barrel lang mey SS in 40 ka na...sana hinintay ko na lang show bago ko ginastos pera ko...;Q
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 20:06   #8
batangueno
Shock Resist

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
anyone see the CZ UB reps? Milan is quite a jolly person!
I don't know if they were the CZ reps but i saw a couple of foreigners near the PB booth but looks more interested at the bushmaster display of AWS.

First time i saw this weird looking bushmaster with a glock attached to its accessory rail, who would want that....well, i do..hehe ;a
Old 07-08-2004, 20:26   #9
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

I saw that!

That was just farrrr-out weird.
This curving extension from below, with a Glock mounted on it.

Couldn't get a pic though.
If any of you guys happen to go with a camera, paki-kunan naman yun.
I'd also like a pic of PB Dionisio's, Advanced Weapons and WSC's booths para naman those who can't attend can see all the yummy hardware !

Thanks.

horge
-BoG Hog #12
Old 07-08-2004, 20:28   #10
jasonub

was there and saw dbm, anyway what are the prices for jr speed holster, mag pouches and belt? my friend is getting into the sport too
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 20:46   #11
agentrod

Quote:
That was just farrrr-out weird.This curving extension from below, with a Glock mounted on it
I also saw that, was wondering what is that for?? - when you're reloading the Bushmaster you can still use the Glock for defense? Like old army rifles that have a bayonet at the tip for when you run outof bullets...
agentrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 21:28   #12
mc_oliver

Quote:
Originally posted by jasonub
was there and saw dbm, anyway what are the prices for jr speed holster, mag pouches and belt? my friend is getting into the sport too
Nasa 3.5k yung holster na bago'ng design na. Plus meron na rin JR nung CR pouches. Pero sa presyo na P760 for a safariland 771 kay PB, no-brainer decision yan dude.
Old 07-08-2004, 21:57   #13
paltik45

Sir HORGE, I dont know how I will be able to thank you for your post. It sure makes me feel at HOME again;f and yes the ARMSCOR GI 1911 is a bargain for the price.

"I believe in the POWER of reason but not the use of POWER as a reason."
paltik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 22:29   #14
batangueno
Shock Resist

I only found out yesterday in the Gun Show that Hahn-Manila were selling Speer Gold Dot bullets. They have their own complete catridges using Gold Dot or you can just get the heads then load your own. This is a cheap alternative in getting quality defense ammo. Now you can practice using the same ammo without spending a fortune.
Old 07-08-2004, 22:30   #15
v1ct0r

Quote:
Originally posted by mc_oliver

I didn't expect Armscor to drop their prices on their GI series that much. Imagine a singlestack in 9mm for only 8.8K! Palit 40 barrel lang mey SS in 40 ka na...sana hinintay ko na lang show bago ko
ginastos pera ko...;Q
Sir including license magkano po lahat?
v1ct0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 23:55   #16
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

I think....
Add around 4,800 for processing of papers.
Depending on whose selling you the piece, tha figure can go up by as much as another 1,900.

Hi mc_oliver,
Kaya ba ng Armscor ang .40?
No deformation, long term?
-BoG Hog #12
Old 07-09-2004, 00:35   #17
batangueno
Shock Resist

I think the best bargain for a 1911 Armscor is from their production overruns display at the Squires Bingham/Armscor booth. The semi-modified 1911 (commander hammer, ambi safety, match trigger, low mount sight, beavertail, etc.) goes for P9,999 only plus P1,900 or so for the license. They only have the blued version left yesterday, the other variations like two-toned and stainless which only costs a couple of thousands more were all sold out.
Old 07-09-2004, 00:56   #18
mc_oliver

Quote:
Originally posted by horge
I think....
Add around 4,800 for processing of papers.
Depending on whose selling you the piece, tha figure can go up by as much as another 1,900.

Hi mc_oliver,
Kaya ba ng Armscor ang .40?
No deformation, long term?
Yep, I've taken the 5k figure as budget for processing when buying a gun (although I really haven't bought a new one recently.)

As for 40cal on an armscor frame, so far yung sa akin okay naman. In fact, sa 11# spring na gamit ko with 175+ PF loads feeling ko naabuso ko yata masyado. Pero ni-peening sa rails wala ako'ng makita and the fit never changed. Although I'm starting to see some slide-frame mismatch sa likod indicating nag we-wear in na yung barrel lugs sa slide stop pin.

Btw, yung 9K figure is for the 9mm singlestack (didn't see the price for the widebody). When changing calibers using this as base, some smithing is always necessary to fit the new barrel and make the mags work. Just so you guys know. Bka kasi mey mag attempt at sisihin nyo ako kung 'di tumakbo.;f
Old 07-09-2004, 03:11   #19
doctabako
Gun Aficionado

Horge
Nice pictures, excellent commentary. Makes me feel like I went there already.
Has anybody seen any lefty ultimate ghost or Limcat holsters being sold? If so, how much were they? Anyway if its not available, I'll settle for the new JR holsters that look almost the same. Will be there on Saturday, abala talaga trabaho ;f
Band of Glockers #666
Big Dawg # 1241
Black Rifle Club #666
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
doctabako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:54   #20
mc_oliver

Quote:
Originally posted by doctabako
Horge
Nice pictures, excellent commentary. Makes me feel like I went there already.
Has anybody seen any lefty ultimate ghost or Limcat holsters being sold? If so, how much were they? Anyway if its not available, I'll settle for the new JR holsters that look almost the same. Will be there on Saturday, abala talaga trabaho ;f
docT, pinless ghost na lefty nasa 5k yata kay PB. Si Mannix bumili, just not sure kung nakuha na nya.