SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-20-2004, 20:12   #1
SamBuca

Send a message via AIM to SamBuca
MSFT in the news

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this on here: http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/040720/tech_...ft_cash_8.html

Quote:
SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. (NasdaqNM:MSFT - News), the world's No. 1 software maker, said on Tuesday it plans to return more than $75 billion in cash to shareholders over the next four years in the largest corporate payout ever.

Microsoft's board of directors approved a quarterly dividend of 8 cents per share, effectively doubling the current 16 cents per share annual dividend. Microsoft will also buy up to $30 billion of its own stock over the next four years.

The board also approved a one-time special dividend of $3 per share, subject to shareholder approval at the annual meeting in November.
I'm already set to buy when the market opens. Anyone else making a quick buck from MSFT?

(Disclaimer: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.9.2)
Old 07-21-2004, 07:26   #2
Toyman

Heck, I'm still waiting for my PermaTemp settlement check from them from 1997. But I think as soon as I get it I might pick up a few shares.