SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-03-2004, 19:27   #1
3Eighty

What to do?

Advice needed please.

My dad's friend is trying to sell him a Glock 22 whose license has expired since 2000. If ever dad buys the gun, who will renew the license, the seller or dad? And will there be penalties?

Is there a way to renew the gun's license without goint to FED headquarters because we are living in the province?

Thanks for any help.
3Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 19:59   #2
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

I would imagine that you could re-register the firearm under one of those semi-annual Loose-Firearms Amnesty programs (when it comes around again), and via your local PNP.

I'm not into buying second-hand, so maybe someone with real experience here in BoGs can advise you better.
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 20:39   #3
mc_oliver

Try getting in touch with your local gun clubs. They usually have experience handling this licensing stuff.
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 22:16   #4
9MX
Rei!

Re: What to do?

Quote:
Originally posted by 3Eighty
Advice needed please.

My dad's friend is trying to sell him a Glock 22 whose license has expired since 2000. If ever dad buys the gun, who will renew the license, the seller or dad? And will there be penalties?

Is there a way to renew the gun's license without goint to FED headquarters because we are living in the province?

Thanks for any help.
buyer normally takes care of the transfer, unless there are other arrangements. you can inquire at nearby gunshops/gunclubs in your area. they will quote you a penalty in the vicinity of P750/yr. Transfer of license would be around 7k(non-appearance). Ask your dad to nego that the penalties should be discounted from the purchase price.
Old 08-06-2004, 20:38   #5
darwin25
Make your move

My dad's second hand only 14 round fired Taurus PT9's license has already expired for 2 years when he bought it. He gave the task of renewing it to me. I just bought the expired license of the gun to FED and asked the person on the licensing desk to run a check on the records of the gun and asked them what will be the procedure on buying a second hand gun with an expired license. They said if the check on the records come out clean, all I have to do is to pay the fine for those two years that the gun is loose. I think last I paid P800 for for the fine and I went all through the normal processing.
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 21:20   #6
Hermo Gut

License Transfer

3Eighty ,

Depending on your arrangement, the transfer of license would pose no problem. If your Dad decides to process the transfer he'll be needing the following ;

a. Absolute Deed of Sale (Notarized)
b. Affidavit of transfer (form available at FED or some gun
store ; Casa Armas , etc.), to be notarized
c. 4-2x2 ; 1-1x1 pictures
d. Accomplished Firearm Application form (4-copies)
e. Previous gun license (original, yellow form or Gun license
card )

Some gunstore will accept the processing by just providing the above documents plus 6T (try Marksman at MCS).It will only take one to two weeks. If your Dad decides to process it for less than 6T , you'll be supplying some more documents (just like applying for a new firearm plus the payment of penalty). For license transfer , the processing etc., would cost you around Php 1,780 (processing , tax , ID card)+ the other requiremnts like Drug test , Neuro, Local clearances etc. and where applicable ,the penalty for expired license.

Hermo Gut
BOG #941
Heckler and Koch Club #50
"There are only two ways to live your life.One is as though nothing is a miracle.The other is as though everything is a miracle."
- Albert Einstein -
Hermo Gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 01:56   #7
batangueno
Shock Resist

Welcome to the BOG 3Eighty.

Anong province ka ba, baka may BOG dyan na matulungan ka.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 19:41   #8
3Eighty

Thanks for all the help guys. I'am from Southern Leyte. I think we will have to let a gunstore here process the sale and transfer/licensing than go to Metro Manila ourselves coz we will just incur more expenses in fare and lodging than paying 7000 to the gunstore.
3Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote