SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-02-2004, 22:37   #1
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Music Recording programs

If I am not supposed to be doing this because it is highly illegal, someone please delete the thread, but I have to ask. Like many of you, I buy music CD's, sometimes to get one song out of the rest of the trash that is on the CD. I would like to be able to put that CD in my ROM, put in on my Hard Drive in MP3 form, then be able to take a bunch of those songs I like and burn them onto on CD. I have burn software, but I don't have any software to record the music onto my hard drive. Do any of you have any suggestions about what sort of program I can use for as little money (freeware?) as possible?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 22:46   #2
David_G17
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

what you want is a "cd ripper" with mp3 encoding.
"We need the strong gun regs and enforcement Europe has."
-DU debates America's future 10/23/2005
David_G17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 22:52   #3
SanduneCC

C-Dex is what I use. It's great and it's free.

http://www.cdex.n3.net/
SanduneCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 00:26   #4
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I will give it a try, thanks

Old 08-03-2004, 13:13   #5
PlethoraGreen

Since you are planning on just burning them right back on to a "compilation" disc don't rip the songs into mp3 format. You're only degrading quality when you encode and then decode a song.

Rip all the songs you want into wav files and then burn them onto a CD. (Just make sure you delete the wav files aftwards cause they will be quite large)

G23
G26
PlethoraGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:04   #6
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Well, I tried downloading Cdex, couldn't make it work, by this time I was getting plenty frustrated ( computers do that to me ) so... Went to Hastings and bought Musicmatch Jukebox. We had downloaded the free version here a while back before the last hard drive format, and I liked how it worked. I decided rather than buy it off the net, I would buy the disc, that way when the next format comes around, I can just re load the program. Of course, I need to periodically save what I put on the drive, or I would "lose" it. I would have to do it over anyway. Next thing I need to do is figure out how to hook a turntable up to the computer so I can convert my records to Cds

Old 08-04-2004, 12:30   #7
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

Quote:
Originally posted by Bullman
Went to Hastings and bought Musicmatch Jukebox.
I've used it for years and really like it.

Oh, and regards it being illegal... it's not. It is music YOU paid for and you have the right to use it as you like with the exception of selling it to others or sharing it for others to make a copy of.

Since you made the comment about buying an entire CD just to get one decent track you should look into just doing your downloading from MusicMatch, Napster, Rhapsody, iTunes, Wal-Mart, or any of the other legit services. You only pay for what you take and the costs are usually $.79 - $.99 per tune and/or $9.99 per album.

NRA Life Benefactor Member, AMA Champion Member, AOPA Member, ARRL Member, GOA Life Member

Last edited by Texas T; 08-04-2004 at 12:34..
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 17:05   #8
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I used to download a lot of music, it is how I met my wife actually ( I cringe when I tell people I met her over the internet ). After all the stink was raised about it being copyright infringement I stopped, and the fact that I was using dialup and it took forever to get a song. I still use dialup since I don't do a lot of mega large downloads anymore, so I don't know if I could stand buying my music that way. Some of the stuff I would be looking for is old, which is why I am thinking of figuring a way to hook a turntable up to my computer ;f