Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-11-2014, 20:06   #1
RCNNC

New gen4 20 owner and first post in The 10 Ring

Hey everyone, I'm new on this forum even though I registered on GT a while back. My first post was today on the welcome page. I've owned and shot Glocks for over 25 years but just acquired my first 10mm at a local gun show this past Sunday. I sold my Super Blackhawk and purchased a brand spankin' new G20 gen4. It's my first gen4. I plan on it accompanying me in the tree stands in a couple of months. I purchased a box of some cheap Precision One at the show just to Knock the new off when I got home. It ran perfect and looks like the accuracy is going to be awesome. I'm currently researching ammo for deer hunting and am leaning toward Underwood's 180gr XTP. Also interested in Federal's new JSP VitalShok offering (pricey). Has anyone here had any experience with this. Also wondering if I should look into an aftermarket RSA for shooting "real" 10mm loads. A new KKM 6" and new sights are also on the list but may have to wait for a little while. Any advice will be appreciated.
RCNNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 18:56   #2
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNNC View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new on this forum even though I registered on GT a while back. My first post was today on the welcome page. I've owned and shot Glocks for over 25 years but just acquired my first 10mm at a local gun show this past Sunday. I sold my Super Blackhawk and purchased a brand spankin' new G20 gen4. It's my first gen4. I plan on it accompanying me in the tree stands in a couple of months. I purchased a box of some cheap Precision One at the show just to Knock the new off when I got home. It ran perfect and looks like the accuracy is going to be awesome. I'm currently researching ammo for deer hunting and am leaning toward Underwood's 180gr XTP. Also interested in Federal's new JSP VitalShok offering (pricey). Has anyone here had any experience with this. Also wondering if I should look into an aftermarket RSA for shooting "real" 10mm loads. A new KKM 6" and new sights are also on the list but may have to wait for a little while. Any advice will be appreciated.
Congrats!!

The RSA for the G4 is limited to maybe a tungsten RSA. Just about anything else would be a conversion to the G3 spring system; but keep looking.

I'm using UA 180 or even 165 with a 6"KKM for hunting purposes.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 20:11   #3
Morley Menthols

Quote:
Congratulations on your new G20 purchase. This is a very fine 10mm choice. I have a G20 SF Gen 3 and it has performed flawlessly. I have a KKM standard length barrel in it and it has been flawless also with several different brands of ammo including UA 180 XTPs. Just my opinion, but I think the UA 180 XTP is more than adequate for deer. Also, I think the factory RSA does not need to be changed. Have fun, be careful, the G20 is a lot of fun!
Old 09-12-2014, 20:15   #4
RCNNC

Thanks Red, who makes the tungsten RSA you're refering to. I've already looked into possibly converting to glockmeister 22#, but may see how she acts stock first.
Old 09-12-2014, 20:18   #5
RCNNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley Menthols View Post
Congratulations on your new G20 purchase. This is a very fine 10mm choice. I have a G20 SF Gen 3 and it has performed flawlessly. I have a KKM standard length barrel in it and it has been flawless also with several different brands of ammo including UA 180 XTPs. Just my opinion, but I think the UA 180 XTP is more than adequate for deer. Also, I think the factory RSA does not need to be changed. Have fun, be careful, the G20 is a lot of fun!
Good to know on the KKM and the UA - Thanks!
Old 09-12-2014, 20:23   #6
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
Thanks Red, who makes the tungsten RSA you're refering to. I've already looked into possibly converting to glockmeister 22#, but may see how she acts stock first.
I'm not sure who it was. I was researching RSA and looking for the G4 setup, and that was really the only one I found. I don't need the extra weight the tungsten brings with it.

My G4 runs fine with target and UA loads with the stock RSA. I had it out last weekend and shot about 150 or so through it. No issues. There are some who have had issues, but in my opinion, these were some early models; mine was made in January 2014.

Enjoy your fine firearm!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 19:16   #7
bac1023

and congrats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 20:47   #8
TDC20

Congratulations on the new G20 and welcome to the 10 Ring!

I'm also of the opinion that hot (UA) 180 XTPs are a good choice for deer. If you decide to get the 6" barrel, you can expect about 100fps increase in velocity for that load.

Good luck and be safe!
Old 09-14-2014, 21:38   #9
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

and congrats with you G20 gen 4. You might want to hold off and study the RSA market while using your factory setup. Not many aftermarket RSA's for the Gen4's yet.

Best regards!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote