Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-01-2009, 22:21   #9861
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Neato!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:17   #9862
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Neato!
Fooled ya! A psychotic 10-Ringer (pardon my redundancy) cooked up that Chicago rumor; we LSPS(BBB)DP's just played along to keep the Penthouse types amused.

We already miss your previous Avatar, Twee-Twee.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:58   #9863
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

1929 and the dog-GSD survived.

Last edited by G33; 10-02-2009 at 03:03..
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16   #9864
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
1929 and the dog-GSD survived.
The Dungeon Historical Research Division thanks you for correcting our error on the date. I guess we were too busy sneaking into the Penthouse party sessions to do our job properly. Obviously, a Chamber Session is warranted for this error.
Old 10-02-2009, 21:32   #9865
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Old 10-03-2009, 00:10   #9866
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Chicago got zapped. This means the 10-Ring Facility now has about 20 open dates in 2016 to fill. Get your scheduling suggestions in soon.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:47   #9867
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

How about a vacation to Rio, should be a great party.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:57   #9868
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
How about a vacation to Rio, should be a great party.
Extraordinary idea, Bull! The Dungeon admin types can have the 10-Ring Resort Annex in Rio up and running in time for the big event. That will protect the 10-Ring faithful from ripoff hotel rates.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:23   #9869
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Oh oh oh oh, I have an idea. don't know how kosher this is, cause I get the feeling people don't bet on the Olympics. But.... We take the tardis to the Olympics, then come back and go to the Olympics and we take the lions share of profits to fund a party... Or use the money for some noble project *cough snort*

Old 10-04-2009, 22:22   #9870
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

A logic question to test the befuddled 10-Ring mentality (pardon my redundancy):

Five 40-shooters and one 10mm-shooter are on a firing line. Each fires one shot. Observers hear "bang bang BOOM bang bang bang". Which is the 10-shooter?

Last edited by samurairabbi; 10-04-2009 at 22:26.. Reason: My messed-up mentality
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 22:28   #9871
susan28
already gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
A logic question to test the befuddled 10-Ring mentality (pardon my redundancy):

Five 40-shooters and one 10mm-shooter are on a firing line. Each fires one shot. Observers hear "bang bang BOOM bang bang bang". Which is the 10-shooter?
none of them, they're observers! as far as which observer is the 10-fan, probably the deaf one

susan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 22:33   #9872
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan28 View Post
none of them, they're observers! as far as which observer is the 10-fan, probably the deaf one
Hmmm ... Suze seems to be in cantankerous mode. Okay. Try this one:

If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Last edited by samurairabbi; 10-04-2009 at 22:34.. Reason: Perception test to detect any sober 10-Ringer
Old 10-04-2009, 23:13   #9873
susan28
already gone..

Quote:
Hmmm ... Suze seems to be in cantankerous mode. Okay. Try this one:

If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?
oh yes, always! the wrongness is congenital, we're just "observers".. we ten-chix, however, can't hear you, so there's nothing to ***** about, and our 10-dudes couldn't hear us if we did~ another perk of the 10: domestic tranquility!

susan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 00:25   #9874
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan28 View Post
oh yes, always! the wrongness is congenital, we're just "observers".. we ten-chix, however, can't hear you, so there's nothing to ***** about, and our 10-dudes couldn't hear us if we did~ another perk of the 10: domestic tranquility!
Ahhh yes! ... The operational doctrine of Comprehensive Selectivity ... almost as important as Anticipatory Hindsight ... or Retroactive Clairevoyance.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 10-05-2009 at 00:26.. Reason: Fallback planning for a possible future Dungeon Insurrection
Old 10-06-2009, 20:56   #9875
Bannack

The bar is open I heard

G20SF, S&W SD9, S&W 637
Bannack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 21:53   #9876
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannack View Post
The bar is open I heard
Of course the bar is open. The bar is ALWAYS open. The only time the 10-Ring bar has not been open was during the 40-caliber snap cap scandal on the underground firing range a few years ago. Except for this instance, the bar has been in constant service to the 10-Ring faithful.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 10-06-2009 at 23:49.. Reason: This month's Dungeon embezzlement sponsored by DoubleTap Ammo
Old 10-07-2009, 07:16   #9877
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Of course the bar is open. The bar is ALWAYS open. The only time the 10-Ring bar has not been open was during the 40-caliber snap cap scandal on the underground firing range a few years ago. Except for this instance, the bar has been in constant service to the 10-Ring faithful.

Now Rabbi, it wasn't that the bar wasn't open, it's just that no one was there for 5 minutes while everyone staggered down to the range to confirm that bet between mongo and that darlek we used to keep around that came back from a tardis trip (I am glad mongo won the bet, never liked that darlek guy anyway). So I guess what I am getting at was the bar really closed? or was it that it gave the staff time to get a full re stock and actually take a 3 minute break (they are very efficient that bunch)

Old 10-08-2009, 04:11   #9878
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Now Rabbi, it wasn't that the bar wasn't open, it's just that no one was there for 5 minutes while everyone staggered down to the range to confirm that bet between mongo and that darlek we used to keep around that came back from a tardis trip (I am glad mongo won the bet, never liked that darlek guy anyway). So I guess what I am getting at was the bar really closed? or was it that it gave the staff time to get a full re stock and actually take a 3 minute break (they are very efficient that bunch)
Bull, you are correct that it was lack of business that caused that 5-minute gap while the staggering 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) were figuring out which way was up on the Mongo/darlek bet. However, the Dungeon Accounting and Tax people determined that we would get significant depreciation and tax benefits if we formally declared the bar closed for that short period. So we went with the profitable move; not to do so would have been ... uncivilized!

Last edited by samurairabbi; 10-08-2009 at 04:13.. Reason: Because I felt like editing! If you 10-Ringers don't like it, sober up and submit a formal objection.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:38   #9879
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

True, plus there was actually a significant loss of revenue while the bar was "closed". As I recall that sort of backed up our storage on N*ppl* Sweat. Had I not been near a tap at the time, we might have had overflow problems up the line. Sometimes the penthouse people don't realize how much actual revenue comes from the consumption around here, probably because of the constant buzz. Which helps with the skim too of course

Old 10-09-2009, 01:45   #9880
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
True, plus there was actually a significant loss of revenue while the bar was "closed". As I recall that sort of backed up our storage on N*ppl* Sweat. Had I not been near a tap at the time, we might have had overflow problems up the line. ...
Bull, your presence at the tap during that backup was useful, but not truly vital. Eng151515 had anticipated the (admittedly unlikely) event of total loss of consumer draw on NS product, and had installed a superb backpressure recovery shunt assembly on the NS Delivery System. We have calculated that the NS system could withstand a 23-minute loss of consumer load. This is far longer than the guzzling 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) could stand.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 10-09-2009 at 01:48.. Reason: Repair of a space-time continuum rift on the south end of the 10-Ring Resort

« Making new 10mm XL | - »

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival