Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-17-2009, 15:15   #10081
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
I know. That's why, to be fair, my "With makeup" picture also was of the without makeup appearance.
Hmmmmm ... An interesting philosophical doctrine: That which seems not to exist enabled by that which exists while seeming to NOT exist!

Brings to mind a classic James Thurber ditty:

One day I saw upon the stair
a little man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
Oh how I wish he'd go away!
Old 11-17-2009, 17:11   #10082
MinervaDoe

Oh, a ditty!! How fun. I doth wax poetic and existential all in the same twain. Sometimes I can, but sometimes I Kant, but when I hit my stride, I'm a Koestler wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
One day I saw upon the stair
a little man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
Oh how I wish he'd go away!
The little man who isn't there.
Is not wearing underwear.
If there's nothing under there
Is there something anywhere?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 19:01   #10083
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Found another Chamber outfit above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 21:13   #10084
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Found another Chamber outfit above.
Looking forward to enabling you to break in the new outfit!

We LSPS(BBB)DPs are inspired by the example of the Tennessee Titans owner flipping off the Buffalo crowd from his luxury box. Tomorrow evening, we Dungeon types will storm the Penthouse Library, and from that elevated overlook above the Lagoon, we will wave bottles of convenience store dishwater beer at the 10-Ring faithful gathered for partying below us. We figure THAT will make flipping the finger almost dignified by comparison.
Old 11-17-2009, 22:33   #10085
MinervaDoe

I can drop off a dozen Orion women (the green pheromone scented ones from Star Trek) who have been undulating all over the Heart of Gold. They should make your party a real hit and it will give us a break from the constant Mary making. The entourage will also include Mary's eleven sisters and a small gorgon animal which (the best I can tell) secretes a liquid which seems to have an intoxicating effect on the women. When (and if) you tire of the women, I will also include a dozen bus tickets to Des Moines.

Old 11-17-2009, 23:04   #10086
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Which part of Des Moines?
Old 11-17-2009, 23:46   #10087
MinervaDoe

I hear downtown Des Moines is very nice this time of the year. Also, Santa arrives at the Southridge Mall on Nov. 21st (just in time for Thanksgiving) and I hear that Pella's Festival of trees is not to be missed. Of course, knowing the girls, I think they would really enjoy the Rod Zombie, Hellbelly Deluxe 2 World Tour. You can check the calendar yourself for events. Are you planning on going with them?
http://www.seedesmoines.com/calendar/calendar.php
The 10 Ring

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 11-17-2009 at 23:52..
Old 11-18-2009, 00:52   #10088
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
You can check the calendar yourself for events. Are you planning on going with them?
Hard to say at this moment. My foremost duty as a LSPS(BBB)DP is to ensure all logistics are in order for the 10-Ring holiday blowouts. Any other activity for me must be subordinated to this primary duty.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:26   #10089
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I don't know about Des Moines, but I hear that the Quad Cities are fun this time of year.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:07   #10090
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
I don't know about Des Moines, but I hear that the Quad Cities are fun this time of year.
Are the Quad Cities twice as much fun as the Twin Cities?

(with apologies to Tom Hanks)
Old 11-18-2009, 09:46   #10091
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Naturally, I had to look this one up.
My head is now spinning with knowledge and nomenclature.
Quote:

The Quad Cities<SUP id=cite_ref-qc_1-0 class=reference>[2]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-qc2_2-0 class=reference>[3]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-qc3_3-0 class=reference>[4]</SUP> is a geographic region of the Mid-Mississippi Valley of the United States that includes several communities in the states of Iowa and Illinois. As of 2008, the population is 377,625.<SUP id=cite_ref-2008pop_0-1 class=reference>[1]</SUP> The five most populous cities in the region are:Before World War I, the area was known as the "Tri-Cities", and included only Davenport, Rock Island, and Moline. With the growth of Rock Island County, East Moline was eventually given "equal status," and the region became known as the "Quad Cities" during the 1930s. With the opening of an Alcoa plant in 1948, Bettendorf grew such that many people in the community openly discussed the adoption of the name "Quint Cities".<SUP id=cite_ref-4 class=reference>[5]</SUP> Indeed, WOC-TV (as KWQC-TV was then called) did much "Quint Cities" promotion in the early-to-mid-1950s. However, by this time, the name "Quad Cities" had become known well beyond the area, and "Quint Cities" never caught on. Eventually Bettendorf passed East Moline in size. The "Quad Cities" name is now technically a misnomer, as the area includes five cities each with a population of over 20,000 and many other contiguous or nearby communities.
Quote:
Are the Quad Cities twice as much fun as the Twin Cities?
I was unable to find anything to help me quantify this. I have to admit, the co-existance of the phrases Quad City and Quint City complicates this.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 11-18-2009 at 10:04..
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55   #10092
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
I was unable to find anything to help me quantify this.
... then you are clearly not searching hard enough! Reaching the upper echelons of the 10-Ring hierarchy will be difficult with the lackadaisical attitude you are showing.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 11-18-2009 at 09:58.. Reason: Dungeon Linguistics Unit operational requirements
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:09   #10093
MinervaDoe

Quote:
... then you are clearly not searching hard enough! Reaching the upper echelons of the 10-Ring hierarchy will be difficult with the lackadaisical attitude you are showing.
Yeah, I know. It's the same problem I have in the corporate world.

How do I cope? Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.

That, and an occassional brilliant insight that my boss can take credit for.

I'm going to have to side with Groucho on this one (I had to name my supercomputer something).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho Marx View Post
I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 11-18-2009 at 11:10..
Old 11-18-2009, 15:03   #10094
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
I was unable to find anything to help me quantify this. I have to admit, the co-existance of the phrases Quad City and Quint City complicates this.
It could be worse. If a sixth city had formed in the area, another nickname contender would have been "Sex City".
Old 11-18-2009, 16:13   #10095
MinervaDoe

Quote:
It could be worse. If a sixth city had formed in the area, another nickname contender would have been "Sex City".
After the Orion girls get through, that still might be its new name.
The 10 Ring

Old 11-19-2009, 02:17   #10096
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Hmmmm ... impressive indeed! ... For a more authoritative evaluation, we need the judgement of our distinguished Senior Salacious Sleazeball Commanding! Somebody go see if Tazz is available for an adjudication effort.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:35   #10097
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Adjudication is the legal process by which an arbiter or judge reviews evidence and argumentation including legal reasoning set forth by opposing ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjudication
I'm sure he'll enjoy getting adjucated in the Quint Cities by a dozen Orion women with bus tickets to Des Moines.

... and for good measure, I'll throw in a seemingly random and irrelevant quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Dunn; Million Dollar Baby View Post
Cause she's a better fighter than you are, that's why. She's younger, she's stronger, and she's more experienced. Now, what are you gonna do about it?

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 11-19-2009 at 07:39..
Old 11-19-2009, 15:12   #10098
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Your Wikipedia citation is most scholarly, yet it is totally irrelevant to the 10-Ring experience.

Tazz uses adjudication to take a break from his salacious sleazeball activities.

The Dungeon Financial Crew uses adjudication to slow down the opposition during our nefarious embezzlement machinations.

Suze and Twee-Twee use adjudication to get some rest between Chamber sessions.

On a different note: Your seemingly random and irrelevant quote fits perfectly in the 8:40PM thread.

Back to partying ... whoops! ... I mean: Back to boring, yet important, 10-Ring administrative duties!

Last edited by samurairabbi; 11-19-2009 at 15:28.. Reason: Checking to see if anyone notices
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 17:53   #10099
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Back to partying ... whoops! ... I mean: Back to boring, yet important, 10-Ring administrative duties!
Two days and no activity in the 8:40 thread. Did everybody jet out of here to Andromeda for Thanksgiving? I'd join you, but I prefer turkey to deep fried Tauntaun.

Old 11-21-2009, 22:15   #10100
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Two days and no activity in the 8:40 thread. Did everybody jet out of here to Andromeda for Thanksgiving? I'd join you, but I prefer turkey to deep fried Tauntaun.
Actually, that is two days and NO POSTING in the 8:40PM thread. The Penthouse and Dungeon denizens believe padding post counts is low priority in our nefarious activities. Embezzlement, scholarly research, logistics maintenance, and raucous inebriated revelry remain the primary focus of our outlook on life.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival