SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-21-2009, 22:18   #10101
susan28
already gone..

who's padding post count?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

susan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 22:34   #10102
VN350X10

Nice binary # on your post suze !

You got a great one away from chuter !

My Thanksgiving feast will be Auntie & myself...... we're opting for a rather non-traditional meal....I'm doing King Crab legs over an applewood fire in the Weber.
A couple of good cold brews to wash it down & then relax.
Way things are going at work right now, I've scheduled myself a 5-day weekend, more than sufficient for some SERIOUS, 10MM caliber imbibing !

uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 14:00   #10103
susan28
already gone..

i'm still waiting for my cider!!

Old 11-22-2009, 15:57   #10104
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan28 View Post
i'm still waiting for my cider!!
Those responsible for this oversight will be flogged with overcooked linguini until they beg for more! ... whoops! ... MERCY!
Old 11-22-2009, 16:06   #10105
susan28
already gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Those responsible for this oversight will be flogged with overcooked linguini until they beg for more! ... whoops! ... MERCY!
well beings as this involves Unkle, it is technically an engineering matter which they may prefer to handle in-house, but i will let you know upon adjournment of their tribunal and rest assured you will handsomely rewarded.. err, severely punished for your loyalty!

Old 11-22-2009, 21:17   #10106
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
well beings as this involves Unkle, it is technically an engineering matter which they may prefer to handle in-house, but i will let you know upon adjournment of their tribunal and rest assured you will handsomely rewarded.. err, severely punished for your loyalty!
I will steel my resolution to endure being severely punished for my loyalty.

What wines will you prefer for the punishment session?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:40   #10107
susan28
already gone..

Quote:
I will steel my resolution to endure being severely punished for my loyalty.

for this "special reward" session, i think a champagne brunch with strawberry mimosas would do nicely, we're both going to need our energy.. Perrier Joet, please.. Dom is so dry as to be obstinate, i prefer something sweet yet full-bodied.. like Geesie! yes, i think we'll be needing her as well..

Old 11-23-2009, 09:59   #10108
engineer151515

Quote:
Old 11-23-2009, 10:04   #10109
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:

I prefer to take my beatings like a man, several good brews to relax me prior to the whippin, then a shot or two of bourbon afterwards to take the sting away

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:54   #10110
susan28
already gone..

Attaboy Bull!

eng: Unkle owes me a sample of his special-recipe holiday cider from last year and i've been watching the calendar ever since! maybe you can clear some time in his busy schedule and take over Tardis maintenance while he brews it up

Old 11-23-2009, 15:57   #10111
MinervaDoe

Maybe you can ask Mongo. He seems to have helped himself to the forty gallons of 195 proof alchohol I had just whipped up to power our modest fleet of jetskis. The last I saw him, he was sleeping it off in one of the Heart of Golds cargo holds. I have to confess, I was sort of upset, so I let some local shepards put their herd of Slitherian goats in the hold while he was sleeping. The next time I checked, he was gone. Presumably, he still has a few gallons of my fine Plutarkian moonshine with him. Give him a couple of extra lashes for me, will you?

MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 16:05   #10112
susan28
already gone..

Mongo occupy special place in 10-ring - Award-Winning Culinary Masters are hard to come by! we had to lure him here with the promise of.. Slitherian goats, actually..

hmmm, this could go deeper (or Higher) than appears..

anyone seen Taz lately??

Old 11-23-2009, 22:17   #10113
VN350X10

A thousand pardons are begged dear susan......

I shall try to keep a sufficient sample of THIS years batch of holiday cider, as last years entire supply seemed to evaporate by itself !
(but the poodles seemed VERY happy for some unknown reason....)
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:20   #10114
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
anyone seen Taz lately??
Forward elements of the Dungeon Linguistics Unit report seeing him sneaking around behind the 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary setup in the Penthouse Library. These DLU types, of course, discreetly avoided inquiring WHY he would be using a massive dictionary to cover his nefarious activities. I think he was trying to cloak his salacious sleazeball activities with a scholarly veneer; hey, we can dig it!

Last edited by samurairabbi; 11-24-2009 at 04:31.. Reason: Preparation for the annual DLU Adverb Competition next week
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 13:47   #10115
susan28
already gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
A thousand pardons are begged dear susan......

I shall try to keep a sufficient sample of THIS years batch of holiday cider, as last years entire supply seemed to evaporate by itself !
(but the poodles seemed VERY happy for some unknown reason....)
pardon(s) granted, uncle, i'll reconcile the indiscretion with sammi in his next session, and settle Mongo's tab with him as well since he spearheaded the effort to resolve the issue

Old 11-24-2009, 15:04   #10116
MinervaDoe

Quote:
These DLU types, of course, discreetly avoided inquiring WHY he would be using a massive dictionary to cover his nefarious activities.
Maybe he cut out the pages to make a neat place to hide his stash of contraband. Clever like a 1930's melodrama that Mongo.

On the nectar front, I have dumped a cask of Plutarkian wine into my still and I will have a nice case of Heart of Gold brandy available for anyone who wants a snifter for their after turkey libations.

Old 11-24-2009, 15:11   #10117
susan28
already gone..

i've been searching for just such a Heart!! and to think i found it at only 47.. reserve a snifter for me!

Old 11-24-2009, 15:51   #10118
MinervaDoe

Alas, Just like the original Heart of Gold, it was stolen. Fortunately, the Infinite Improbability drive allows instantaneous delivery of any and all brandy snifters.
Quote:
Heart of Gold
S.S. Heart of Gold is the first prototype ship to successfully utilize the revolutionary Infinite Improbability Drive. It is 150 meters long and has been represented in various shapes. The original radio series did not specify a shape. In the novel adapted from the first four episodes of the radio series, it was described as a sleek white running shoe, which the TV adaptation adopted as a basis for its depictions. Finally, in the recent 2005 movie, it is more spherical with a hole and red brakelights on the rear that form the shape of a heart, a shape derived from a teacup in the brownian motion producer that powers the Infinite Improbability Drive. It also features a mural around the hole which depicts the invention of the Drive. It was built as a secret government project on planet Damogran from where Zaphod Beeblebrox, the then-President of the Imperial Galactic Government, stole it at the launching ceremony.
The ship's cybernetics consist of a new generation of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation robots and computers with Genuine People Personalities (including Eddie the shipboard computer and Marvin).
In the novel Life, the Universe and Everything, it is revealed that the core of the Improbability Drive is actually the Golden Bail of Prosperity, one of five items that forms the Wikkit Gate. The drive is subsequently stolen by the robots of Krikkit, but is later recovered by Zaphod Beeblebrox and reinstalled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technol..._to_the_Galaxy
My version of the Heart of Gold uses a rubber band ball as its core. You take what life gives you.

Old 11-24-2009, 16:08   #10119
susan28
already gone..

Nice Rig!! i'm sure we'll stumble upon that cask somewhere, with Unkle's assistants.. i mean assistance.. heck, bring the whole gang, have Geesie fire up The Cube!!

Old 11-24-2009, 22:11   #10120
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Let's see, what do we have here? "8:40 pm"? Hmmm, sounds fairly inert.

10,000 posts? 405 pages? Should I be afraid?

Yikes! I might have taken a wrong turn back in Albuquerque! But it does look like folks are talking about spirits, so that could be good.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival