Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2010, 21:58   #11201
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Not to mention I could just use a chamber session.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 22:14   #11202
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Not to mention I could just use a chamber session.
That gold Kama Sutra coffeepot will be an interesting Chamber accessory!
Old 10-10-2010, 23:34   #11203
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Your SkippyjonJones right on the money there.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:45   #11204
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Your SkippyjonJones right on the money there.
I had to look that one up.

Quote:
This is a wildly wonderful book about a hyperactive kitten, Skippyjon Jones, whose head and ears are too big for his body, and whose imagination is too intense for his mama. According to her, he needs to do some serious thinking about what it means to be a Siamese cat instead of a bird (Skippyjon always wakes up and eats worms with his feathered friends). She sends him to his room, where he imagines he is a Chihuahua ("My name is Skippito Friskito./I fear not a single bandito").
So, it doesn't sound as if Skippyjon Jones was ever right on the money on anything. I require more data on this apparantly far reaching and quaint colloquialism.

MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:09   #11205
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
So, it doesn't sound as if Skippyjon Jones was ever right on the money on anything. I require more data on this apparantly far reaching and quaint colloquialism.
The research operations within the Dungeon will launch a joint Special Plenipotentiary Tribunal on this important topic. We will even pop for the bar bill for this blowout ... Whoops! ... for this scholarly symposium. Penthouse types are invited to attend. (Hey, we can use the comic relief!)
Old 10-13-2010, 17:54   #11206
VN350X10

but the pentup peons have to pick up their own bar tab !
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 18:14   #11207
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

to be honest, I was sitting her typing and the boy threw it out on the floor, Nothing really all that quaint about it. He giggled when he did it....

Old 10-13-2010, 18:55   #11208
MinervaDoe

I like it; "SkippyjonJones right on the money there."
It sounds like it means something very cool.

And now, we have this "joint Special Plenipotentiary Tribunal" going on to figure out why it actually is cool. Do we qualify for stimulus money for our SkippyjonJones joint Special Plenipotentiary Tribunal scholarly symposium and blowout where I as a peon will need to pony up for my miniscule bar tab?
Cuz really, if anybody needs stimulating, it's me. And you can take your SkippyjonJones money to the bank on that one.

Old 10-13-2010, 19:45   #11209
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

It kinda rolls off the tongue doesn't it.

Old 10-13-2010, 19:54   #11210
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
but the pentup peons have to pick up their own bar tab !
Actually, Unkle, the inebriated Penthouse types (pardon my redundancy) attending the blowout ... whoops! ... the SYMPOSIUM ... would qualify as our guests, and it would therefore be boorish in the extreme to try to stick them with their individual bar bills. Don't worry, we won't take any loss on our graciousness; we'll make it up with a little extra vig on this week's embezzlement take.
Old 10-13-2010, 20:29   #11211
MinervaDoe

Quote:
It kinda rolls off the tongue doesn't it.
It does.

Old 10-14-2010, 18:06   #11212
VN350X10

But Rabbi, once they're in their usual state (pickled), it will be extremely easy to convince them that the "symposium" was their idea & they'll gladly pay !
A little extra juice & they won't even notice the extra missing revenue !

Win-Win !!

uncle
Old 10-14-2010, 18:59   #11213
MinervaDoe

Quote:
But Rabbi, once they're in their usual state (pickled), it will be extremely easy to convince them that the "symposium" was their idea & they'll gladly pay !
A little extra juice & they won't even notice the extra missing revenue !

Win-Win !!

uncle
In modern Project Management parlance, we now call this developing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Many corporate mangement types feel that letting the drones touch and feel the planning stage develops "buy in."

Beware the average guy in the trenches who can spot a hollow suit a mile away.

Old 10-14-2010, 19:57   #11214
VN350X10

Breakdown Structurer ?? BS ?

Hope the guy that can spot the hollow suit is on our side !
Old 10-14-2010, 20:53   #11215
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Breakdown Structurer ?? BS ?

Hope the guy that can spot the hollow suit is on our side !
WBS? Worthless BS.

Hollow suits are not hard to spot. Think of worst actor you ever saw. Typically, they are very loud and they speak using a lot of phoney corporate jargon like "why don't you reach out to them" (please talk to them), "take an action to ..." (could you please do ....", "let's collaborate" (let's work together), "Let the team review the plan and we'll see if we get buy in" (once the workers have seen the plan and don't reject it, they can't complain about it anymore and we can blame them if anything goes wrong).

Honestly, 90% of the people who actually do any work can spot these guys.

Not to worry, aside from the two martini lunches, there don't appear to be any hollow suits in the dungeon.

Old 10-14-2010, 21:30   #11216
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Permit me to interrupt the current discussion of corporate chicanery, but it may be necessary to convene a 10-Ring Disciplinary Tribunal for possible heretical actions.

The target of this possible Disciplinary Tribunal: me.

Today I obtained a Lone Wolf 357Sig conversion barrel for a G20. This means, of course, that one of my 20s will, at times, be profaned by firing a caliber other than the noble 10MM that is the focus of this organization. Such heresy must, of course, become the subject of attention by the 10-Ring enforcement echelons. I am manfully prepared to face whatever Chamber Sessions the 10-Ring may deem proper punishment for my betrayal of the noble aspirations of the 10MM faithful.

In my defense, permit me to to point out that this barrel does NOT fire the Stunted&Wishful F'caliber. This factor, while not totally exonerating my conduct, nevertheless is presented as SOME amelioration of my actions.

I await the 10-Ring judgement for my action. Beveredges ... Beverejes ... DRINKS for the tribunal sessions will be covered out of my end of the take.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 10-14-2010 at 21:34..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:49   #11217
MinervaDoe

In the spirit of your leadership, I vote that you receive no punishment, and I admit to fantasies of my own heresies. Yesterday, I put $300 down on a Glock 29 and I began CA's 10 day waiting period. As we discussed the gun, I mentioned that I may eventually get a conversion barrel for one of my 10mm. .... and yes, since it would be for ammo availability purposes, I did mention the words short and weak ...
If the years have taught me anything, it has been that memories can be changed with time (and effort). Hopefully, I can change this blasphemied memory to similarly be of a .357 Sig nature.
Rabbi, at this juncture, I have only one question: regular or ported (he said as he bound himself in preparation for 10 ring scorn and a crown of thorns).

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 10-15-2010 at 08:09..
Old 10-15-2010, 17:09   #11218
VN350X10

Rabbi, your pennance will be the RELOADING of the .357 Sick..............
Better that you would have gotten a .45ACP conversion for it !
MD, your sentence is pending the delivery of more information !

uncle albert
Old 10-15-2010, 18:20   #11219
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Better that you would have gotten a .45ACP conversion for it !
I already worked that shtick, Unkle. Bought a G21 upper half on Gunbroker some time back. The Chamber Crew was particularly impressed by that one, but they are really picky about a client ... whoops! ... a VICTIM trying the same gimmick again.
Old 10-15-2010, 18:24   #11220
MinervaDoe

Quote:
MD, your sentence is pending the delivery of more information !

uncle albert
Uh, okay, not sure if you want information from me or "a higher authority."

I just purchased one new in box Glock 29 and I am waiting for CA's unconstitutional 10 day waiting period to be up. I spent $30 on a box of 50 American Eagle 180 grain 10mm, so I can verify that factory ammo works okay in both my G20 and my G29. If so, then I have to keep fiddle faddling around with my reloads to see why I am having primer seating problems.

Uh, what else .... I have some 165 grain and 180 grain 10mm loads using Unique (1020 fps) which are real accurate and after I put a few of those downrange, I want to work up a hot blue dot load with 155 grain XTPs. I plan to keep the recoil on the G29 a bit on the mild side (like a 9mm on steroids).

Sitting on my hands during the waiting period is difficult, but it is also ill conceived and short sighted. What is it preventing me from doing exactly? It must assume that I have no other guns at home or something because I'm supposed to be cooling down during this waiting period. It's just dumb. Dumb!!

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival