GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 20:07   #11781
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,754


Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Hmmmm ... is this anticipatory hindsight ... or retroactive clairevoyance!
It sure wasn't TARDIS.

Darn thing is due a Mr. Fission overhaul and there is no sign of the ladies taking a break from their inter dimensional shopping spree.

Perhaps if they realized Valentine's Day approach-ith, they would pay us a visit.
__________________
"We better get back, cause it'll be dark soon. And they mostly come at night - mostly." - Newt - Aliens
engineer151515 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:19   #11782
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Darn thing is due a Mr. Fission overhaul and there is no sign of the ladies taking a break from their inter dimensional shopping spree.

Perhaps if they realized Valentine's Day approach-ith, they would pay us a visit.
Under carefully controlled conditions of protocol, budgeting, temperature, pressure, humidity, and social custom, the female members of the 10-Ring will do pretty much as they damn well please!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:23   #11783
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 7,024
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
It sure wasn't TARDIS.

Darn thing is due a Mr. Fission overhaul and there is no sign of the ladies taking a break from their inter dimensional shopping spree.

Perhaps if they realized Valentine's Day approach-ith, they would pay us a visit.
That's the nice thing about having a time machine. You can typically arrive anywhere you want right on time.
Alas, I'm fairly certain they won't be spending their valentines day in the dungeon.
Speaking of time travel, I just picked up case of Pabst Blue Ribbon from 1960. Anybody got a church key (can opener)? Mongo "borrowed" mine.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:24   #11784
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 7,024
Blog Entries: 5
Never mind. Mongo "borrowed" my beer too.

I guess I know why he needed my can opener now.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 02-01-2011 at 20:24..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:31   #11785
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,302
I happen to see Mr. FUSION today! it was strapped on the back of that damn Deloran Time Machine...Doc. was stuffing bananas, and Miller High Life beer into the thing...

No sign of the lady folk! Just a vapor trail of shopping bags!
__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:32   #11786
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Speaking of time travel, I just picked up case of Pabst Blue Ribbon from 1960.
But then, what does dishwater gain by aging 50 years!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:36   #11787
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach
 
Bullman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 25,692


My usual disparagement of that swill is to call it convenience store water, but dishwater could be an apt term for it as well.
__________________
Yeah, I'm a champion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:39   #11788
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 7,024
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
But then, what does dishwater gain by aging 50 years!
Caution: explanation required.
  1. I got in the Heart of Gold (my time machine)
  2. I went back to 1960
  3. I purchased a case of PBR (don't ask me how, it would reveal the secret of how the mob launders money)
  4. I got back in the Heart of Gold
  5. I went back to 2011
  6. I set my case of ice cold PBR down
  7. I came back and it was gone
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 20:57   #11789
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Anti-Obamaville
Posts: 60,410


Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
DOH!!!

There, I fixed it retroactively.
Not as easy as it looks, is it?

Unbenongst indeed.


ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 21:44   #11790
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 7,024
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Not as easy as it looks, is it?

Unbenongst indeed.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:28   #11791
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned
 
G33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: With G29
Posts: 58,138


Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Under carefully controlled conditions of protocol, budgeting, temperature, pressure, humidity, and social custom, the female members of the 10-Ring will do pretty much as they damn well please!
Jes.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21   #11792
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
The Dungeon types wish to make a request for Penthouse cooperation in a project we are conducting.

We are running a presentation for a bunch of financial bigshots that have hired us as consultants. It would impress the hell out of them if we were to increase the embezzlement rate to 41.3% for the duration of this presentation. Don't worry about the longterm effect on 10-Ring finances; we will cycle the excess embezzled funds back into the 10-Ring coffers AFTER the bigshots have returned to their usual mundane existence.

If this temporary arrangement is agreeable to the 10-Ringers, please indicate your approval by ordering your next round of drinks by using some sort of obscene gesture. Don't worry; we won't take offense.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56   #11793
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 7,024
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
. It would impress the hell out of them if we were to increase the embezzlement rate to 41.3% for the duration of this presentation. Don't worry about the longterm effect on 10-Ring finances; we will cycle the excess embezzled funds back into the 10-Ring coffers AFTER the bigshots have returned to their usual mundane existence.
Oh wow. Just like the California Lottery (except our embezzlement rate is much lower).
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:07   #11794
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Oh wow. Just like the California Lottery (except our embezzlement rate is much lower).
MDoe, you may have unwittingly tipped our hand. The California Lottery is one of the clients we are trying to snow ... Whoops! ... IMPRESS! Keep it quiet.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:36   #11795
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 7,024
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
MDoe, you may have unwittingly tipped our hand. The California Lottery is one of the clients we are trying to snow ... Whoops! ... IMPRESS! Keep it quiet.
Okay SR, I'll keep it on the PDQ. AOK?

Pssst, just between you, me, the walls, and the Intrawebs, the California Lottery embezzlement rate is closer to 87% if you factor in the labor union's cut.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 02-02-2011 at 11:36..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:19   #11796
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Pssst, just between you, me, the walls, and the Intrawebs, the California Lottery embezzlement rate is closer to 87% if you factor in the labor union's cut.
That may be why California is broke and the 10-Ring is solvent. The Dungeon tempers its embezzlement with good judgement!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 15:13   #11797
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 7,024
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
That may be why California is broke and the 10-Ring is solvent. The Dungeon tempers its embezzlement with good judgement!
Good judgement?
No. The liberals here do have fearsome tempers though.
You gots to wonder where all that money goes though.
CA does have a much larger budget to embezzle than our modest dungeon establishment.
Wait until we get high speed rail. It's going to take a fortune to keep that baby running. Meanwhile, it will still be cheaper to take Southwest Airlines anywhere in the state.
Just one more empty train running from one border to the other at taxpayer expense.
Hey!! Do you think there's a way we can get a percentage?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 17:31   #11798
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Just one more empty train running from one border to the other at taxpayer expense.
Hey!! Do you think there's a way we can get a percentage?
The Dungeon embezzlement gurus will stay FAR away from this one! If we embezzle from a PROFITABLE operation, the owners are mellow and don't mind the skim too much; in an UNprofitable operation, the owners get all bent out of shape! We choose to stick with our past experience in nefarious operations.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 17:56   #11799
Taterhead
Counting Beans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
If this temporary arrangement is agreeable to the 10-Ringers, please indicate your approval by ordering your next round of drinks by using some sort of obscene gesture. Don't worry; we won't take offense.
I'll take a beer. I'm not very creative with the obscene gesture thing, but (no pin intended) does this full moon I am displaying constitute sufficient approval?
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 18:31   #11800
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
I'll take a beer. I'm not very creative with the obscene gesture thing, but (no pin intended) does this full moon I am displaying constitute sufficient approval?
A passable gesture. I must confess, we installed this "obscene gesture as approval" thing just to see how creative the inebriated 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) could be. There is a lot of Dungeon money riding on this issue.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

« Making new 10mm XL | - »

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:48.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,182
326 Members
856 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31