Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:49   #11841
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Please forgive this LSMPS(bbb)DP for this breach of protocol in making two consecutive posts, but I wish to make an administrative announcement.

The financial bigshots we have been impressing with our presentations have all gone home. We are therefore returning the embezzlement rate to the standard 39%. The excess amount we have been ripping off ... Whoops! ... appropriating during the presentation period will be returned to the 10-Ring treasury in our usual subtly gracious manner.

We thank you for your cooperation and forbearance during this period.
Old 02-09-2011, 19:49   #11842
VN350X10

useful at times.......yes.
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 13:52   #11843
MinervaDoe

Tension in the 10-ring over a caliber war. I never thought I'd see the day. Now, I know how Arthur must have felt during the descent of Camelot.

But, then again, the extra tension now makes the potential for make up dungeon sessions even more exciting.

Life in the the ring now invloves the need for balance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 14:18   #11844
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Tension in the 10-ring over a caliber war. I never thought I'd see the day. Now, I know how Arthur must have felt during the descent of Camelot.

But, then again, the extra tension now makes the potential for make up dungeon sessions even more exciting.
Permit me to put your fears to rest. In 8:40PM, we do not conduct caliber wars; we engage in caliber repartee'. We keep the exchanges classy; if someone inadvertantly oversteps the bounds of allowable caliber insults, his OWN caliber adherents will haul him out back of the woodshed and work him over long enough to instill sufficient manners and appreciation of the 8:40PM style of doing things.

As you so astutely noticed, such dynamic tension does add zest to Dungeon activities.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 02-10-2011 at 14:19..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 14:28   #11845
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
if someone inadvertantly oversteps the bounds of allowable caliber insults, his OWN caliber adherents will haul him out back of the woodshed and work him over long enough to instill sufficient manners and appreciation of the 8:40PM style of doing things.

As you so astutely noticed, such dynamic tension does add zest to Dungeon activities.
Let's see if I've got this straight.
You and Uncle have shown your true .41 caliber feelings, so there is no chance of G33 taking you "out back" of the woodshed and working you over. But if one of her "OWN caliber adherents" were to go over the top with a caliber insult, then they'd still be in the running for an "out back" of the woodshed type dungeon session.

Sorry Uncle. Sorry S.R. You'll just have to hear all about it through the grapevine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 02-10-2011 at 14:30..
Old 02-10-2011, 14:39   #11846
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Let's see if I've got this straight.
You and Uncle have shown your true .41 caliber feelings, so there is no chance of G33 taking you "out back" of the woodshed and working you over. But if one of her "OWN caliber adherents" were to go over the top with a caliber insult, then they'd still be in the running for an "out back" of the woodshed type dungeon session.
MD, you have not yet reached the ultimate step in achievement of comprehensional nirvana.

We have "woodshed type" Dungeon sessions, and we have "Chamber type" Dungeon sessions. You must comprehend the distinction between the two types. A woodshed type session is PUNISHMENT; a Chamber type session is ... well ... "punishment". Seasoned 8:40 types comprehend the distinction.

If this seems like doubletalk ... well ... doubletalk is an inherent (and appreciated) attribute of our organization.
Old 02-10-2011, 14:49   #11847
MinervaDoe

Quote:
MD, you have not yet reached the ultimate step in achievement of comprehensional nirvana.

We have "woodshed type" Dungeon sessions, and we have "Chamber type" Dungeon sessions. You must comprehend the distinction between the two types. A woodshed type session is PUNISHMENT; a Chamber type session is ... well ... "punishment". Seasoned 8:40 types comprehend the distinction.

If this seems like doubletalk ... well ... doubletalk is an inherent (and appreciated) attribute of our organization.
Now you tell me. I'm still pickin' splinters out of my butt from my last "woodshed session". And, yeah, I sort of wondered what all the fuss was about. It didn't seem all that fun to me.

Old 02-10-2011, 20:43   #11848
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

I sometimes wonder how things would have turned out had they called the 10mm "The 400" or "The 400 Express"!

Oh well!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 20:48   #11849
VN350X10

There was already a ".401 Powermag" & it didn't fly real well.....

I think this was a job for "Think Metric"

uncle
Old 02-10-2011, 20:55   #11850
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
I sometimes wonder how things would have turned out had they called the 10mm "The 400" or "The 400 Express"!

Oh well!
Permit me to paraphrase Shakespeare: A rose, by any other name, would still be a reason to party!
Old 02-10-2011, 21:01   #11851
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Quote:
Permit me to paraphrase Shakespeare: A rose, by any other name, would still be a reason to party!

_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 21:05   #11852
VN350X10

Is Rose coming to the party ???
Old 02-10-2011, 22:40   #11853
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Hope she looks like the Rose from Titanic

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 23:56   #11854
blakerm

when i was a kid my sister had a cat named "rose" that would poop in the washing machine if you left the lid up...no other place with lids would do for rose
blakerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 13:18   #11855
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Now you tell me. I'm still pickin' splinters out of my butt from my last "woodshed session". And, yeah, I sort of wondered what all the fuss was about. It didn't seem all that fun to me.
All the partying may be confusing your memory. We happen to know you got those splinters sliding down the bannister in the 10-Ring mansion!
Old 02-11-2011, 13:34   #11856
MinervaDoe

Quote:
All the partying may be confusing your memory. We happen to know you got those splinters sliding down the bannister in the 10-Ring mansion!
That was fun and those splinters would have been easy to get out, BUT that big Russian woman (Svetlana I believe her name is) reduced them all to wood shards with that woodpile treatment. Not fun at all.

btw, apparently she mentioned both you and Uncle by name and stated emphatically that she had several warrants wiating for both of you. Here is a little hint: stuffing the seat of my pants full of potatoes actually seemed to magnify the force of impact. Go figure?

Old 02-11-2011, 19:05   #11857
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
That was fun and those splinters would have been easy to get out, BUT that big Russian woman (Svetlana I believe her name is) reduced them all to wood shards with that woodpile treatment. Not fun at all.

btw, apparently she mentioned both you and Uncle by name and stated emphatically that she had several warrants wiating for both of you.
Svetlana's English takes some getting used to. I think she meant "torrents", which in her vernacular means intensively working over Unkle and me in a most aggessive manner. With a Russian/Swedish masseuse, this is a most desirable feature.
Old 02-11-2011, 19:11   #11858
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Svetlana's English takes some getting used to. I think she meant "torrents", which in her vernacular means intensively working over Unkle and me in a most aggessive manner. With a Russian/Swedish masseuse, this is a most desirable feature.
Oh, Russian/Swedish style. I thought it was that Hawaiian Lomilomi style which i mistakenly called Lumpalumpa. I got some lumps alright.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 02-11-2011 at 19:11..
Old 02-14-2011, 14:56   #11859
engineer151515

The Dungeon Engineering Team wishes the 10Ring women a Happy Valentine's Day.

Cause .... we're too nerdy to actually have girlfriends.

But we make a descent beer.
Old 02-14-2011, 15:35   #11860
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
The Dungeon Engineering Team wishes the 10Ring women a Happy Valentine's Day.

Cause .... we're too nerdy to actually have girlfriends.

But we make a descent beer.
+1 on all counts except for making beer. But, in my defense, I make great compost.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival