GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 17:06   #12521
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach
 
Bullman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 25,604


If I was getting killed I sure want to sleep through it.
__________________
Yeah, I'm a champion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 17:30   #12522
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
IMPORTANT 10-RING FACILITY ADMINISTRATIVE ALERT!

Forgive me for interrupting the dialogue on marital bliss, but my own personal conduct has created an administrative and morale crisis within the 10-Ring operation, and has possibly complicated my continuing transition to senior-level status within the 10-Ring hierarchy.

Today I committed the heresy of taking actual possession of a Lone Wolf .40 conversion barrel for a Glock 20. I can offer only the most contrived reasons for this unfathomable action. I can offer reasons like "better effect on ammo budget by taking advantage of cheaper .40 ammo" or "showing a broad appreciation of all the options available to the dedicated Glock shooter"; you know, all the usual hi-fallutin' linguistic doubletalk.

I had previously obtained a .357Sig conversion barrel for my 20's, and was able to at least smooth over the consequences of this previous defamatory conduct within the 10-Ring operation. THIS acquisition, with the presented feature of actually profaning a Glock 10mm platform with the distained F-caliber that is always haunting the 10mm state of being, may step up to a different level of misconduct.

I humbly await the judgement of the 10-Ringers about my reprehensible conduct. In view of the seriousness of my breach of protocol with this action, all costs of the partying supporting the adjudication of this issue will be borne by the Dungeon out of OUR embezzled cut of the take.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 18:31   #12523
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,981
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
I humbly await the judgement of the 10-Ringers about my reprehensible conduct.
Fine with me. Now I can get one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
In view of the seriousness of my breach of protocol with this action, all costs of the partying supporting the adjudication of this issue will be borne by the Dungeon out of OUR embezzled cut of the take.
And this is what it takes to get you to buy me a beer. At least I didn't have to get all dressed up and pretend I like sports bars.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 05-27-2011 at 18:33..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 19:03   #12524
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
And this is what it takes to get you to buy me a beer.
... a beer ... singular? ... C'mon, MD, when ya' got a moral advantage over a Dungeon admin type, ya' work it for more than A BEER!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi

Last edited by samurairabbi; 05-27-2011 at 19:07..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 19:12   #12525
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,981
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
... a beer ... singular? ... C'mon, MD, when ya' got a moral advantage over a Dungeon admin type, ya' work it for more than A BEER!


Really? Multiple beers. I could go for that.

The 10 Ring
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 19:23   #12526
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
... a beer ... singular? ... C'mon, MD, when ya' got a moral advantage over a Dungeon admin type, ya' work it for more than A BEER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post


Really? Multiple beers. I could go for that.

The 10 Ring
Hmmmm ... multiple, er, BEERS! ... Nice!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 19:25   #12527
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
IMPORTANT 10-RING FACILITY ADMINISTRATIVE ALERT!
I humbly await the judgement of the 10-Ringers about my reprehensible conduct. In view of the seriousness of my breach of protocol with this action, all costs of the partying supporting the adjudication of this issue will be borne by the Dungeon out of OUR embezzled cut of the take.
Well I no tell on you, and you no tell on me! I can find fault in caresing the offspring of the 10mm, ie. 40S&W/357SIG/9x25Dillon...

In fact my 357SIG barrel for my G-29 is in the mail and the others for my S&W's are being machined on the CNC...I must be nuts! purchasing $1000 worth of conversion barrels to add to the others all in the name of variety. Should this be found to be a rub against protocol, I suppose this may have to go before "Jerry Springafor" for platernaty testing to see who the daddy is! The 10mm is the daddy!

__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 19:33   #12528
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Wow! ... I may not be a HERETIC ... I may be a TRENDSETTER! ... Okay, this calls for another party supplementing the original heresy punishment party! Scheduling will be tricky; watch the admin bulletin board for details.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 19:38   #12529
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,242
__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 20:18   #12530
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,981
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Wow! ... I may not be a HERETIC ... I may be a TRENDSETTER! ... Okay, this calls for another party supplementing the original heresy punishment party! Scheduling will be tricky; watch the admin bulletin board for details.


If I drink slow enough, the parties just run together.

Steaks for memorial day? I think so. Time to thaw those bargain London Broils I froze last week.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 20:49   #12531
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post


If I drink slow enough, the parties just run together.

Steaks for memorial day? I think so. Time to thaw those bargain London Broils I froze last week.
It nice when the parties just flow like the booze...

Steaks? Are you expecting Vampires???

Have a great Memorial weekend and stay safe!
__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 21:03   #12532
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Steaks? Are you expecting Vampires???
If they ARE vampires, they are vampires who appreciate quality in their "lives"; sounds like the host is setting up a desirable spread.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 21:13   #12533
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,981
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Steaks? Are you expecting Vampires???
If any show up, I'll trick them into drinking tomato juice. That's always good for a laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post


Have a great Memorial weekend and stay safe!
Will do. You do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
If they ARE vampires, they are vampires who appreciate quality in their "lives"; sounds like the host is setting up a desirable spread.
Well, yeah. I just received that pallet of beer that you sent. Now, I have to decide if I want potato salad, or potato soup, or both. I'll definitely have a big salad, so maybe soup. The Betsy Ross flag, beer, steak, soup and salad; that'll do it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 05-28-2011 at 21:13..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 21:24   #12534
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Well, yeah. I just received that pallet of beer that you sent. Now, I have to decide if I want potato salad, or potato soup, or both. I'll definitely have a big salad, so maybe soup. The Betsy Ross flag, beer, steak, soup and salad; that'll do it.
Glad to hear the pallet of beer arrived intact; these short-notice LAPES deliveries are always a bit tense. Bribing the air controllers to let our delivery C130 run low enough to ensure intact delivery is a delicate operation; have to combine generosity with diplomacy (and masking any traceability with the payment).

What will you be doing for dessert? Always an important part of the meal's enjoyment factor.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi

Last edited by samurairabbi; 05-28-2011 at 21:25..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 21:50   #12535
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,981
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Glad to hear the pallet of beer arrived intact; these short-notice LAPES deliveries are always a bit tense. Bribing the air controllers to let our delivery C130 run low enough to ensure intact delivery is a delicate operation; have to combine generosity with diplomacy (and masking any traceability with the payment).
Yes, the beer was still quite cold when it got here. Not shaken. Not stirred. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
What will you be doing for dessert? Always an important part of the meal's enjoyment factor.
Some sort of hops and grain consumption I assume.

What's everybody else doing for Memorial Day?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 00:55   #12536
Taterhead
Counting Beans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Yes, the beer was still quite cold when it got here. Not shaken. Not stirred. Well done.


Some sort of hops and grain consumption I assume.

What's everybody else doing for Memorial Day?
First I plan to display the colors. Then i am going to send my best to two close relatives serving our fine country in Iraq.

After which I am going to the range to stretch the legs a bit on some rifle stuff. Going to blam away at some long range steel. I have a 25-06 load that should go transonic at about 1450 yards so hoping to be on target to at least 3/4 mile. I don't know how badly things will start tumbling at transonic velocities. So I'm going to keep walking it out until it punks out.

I am going to follow that with some G20 fun. I have a variety of loads to run over the chrony.

Then some grilling with the family followed by a P90X workout. Probably won't be in he pool this weekend since we are having March-like weather. Sorry kids.

THEN a beer or two. It is going to be a great day.

I hope you have an enjoyable and safe one!
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:34   #12537
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,981
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
First I plan to display the colors. Then i am going to send my best to two close relatives serving our fine country in Iraq.

After which I am going to the range to stretch the legs a bit on some rifle stuff. Going to blam away at some long range steel. I have a 25-06 load that should go transonic at about 1450 yards so hoping to be on target to at least 3/4 mile. I don't know how badly things will start tumbling at transonic velocities. So I'm going to keep walking it out until it punks out.

I am going to follow that with some G20 fun. I have a variety of loads to run over the chrony.

Then some grilling with the family followed by a P90X workout. Probably won't be in he pool this weekend since we are having March-like weather. Sorry kids.

THEN a beer or two. It is going to be a great day.

I hope you have an enjoyable and safe one!
Awesome plan.
The longest distance range in my area is 200 yards (and, I've never even shot there).
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:02   #12538
Taterhead
Counting Beans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Awesome plan.
The longest distance range in my area is 200 yards (and, I've never even shot there).
Well at least you could work in some longer range pistol shooting.

The area where I live is beneficial for firearms. Fairly open laws and plenty of space to have fun. Our range is setup for 2000 yards for those with the big magnums.

Well... off to the loading bench.

You all have a great holiday.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:06   #12539
Taterhead
Counting Beans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Glad to hear the pallet of beer arrived intact; these short-notice LAPES deliveries are always a bit tense. Bribing the air controllers to let our delivery C130 run low enough to ensure intact delivery is a delicate operation;
I didn't seem to get my delivery yet. Must be running late with the huge demands and all. But then again, my neighbor has spontaneously organized a beer drinking contest.

Curious.....
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:11   #12540
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,981
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
I didn't seem to get my delivery yet. Must be running late with the huge demands and all. But then again, my neighbor has spontaneously organized a beer drinking contest.

Curious.....

Well, if you're on good terms, the chances are, you would have asked him over to help you drink your beer, and maybe now, he'll ask you over to help drink his.

This way, you're not responsible for the clean up.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 05-29-2011 at 10:12..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

« American Ammo 10MM | - »

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:09.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,090
288 Members
802 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42