SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:05   #15676
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

MOVED to Page 628

I remember sometime back one of our subs was trying to bounce a 10mm off a jap fishing vessel, but the targeting was disturbed by some unseen intersecting seismic annomolies...they blamed the sub for hitting th jap boat and sinking it.

We got lucky on that one too!

Last edited by _The_Shadow; 07-07-2012 at 09:06..
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:09   #15677
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
MOVED to Page 628

I remember sometime back one of our subs was trying to bounce a 10mm off a jap fishing vessel, but the targeting was disturbed by some unseen intersecting seismic annomolies...they blamed the sub for hitting th jap boat and sinking it.

The insurance company had a gecko on board that ship.
The shock wave of the 10mm turned him into Godzilla and the rest is Japanese cinematic history.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:15   #15678
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
... and the K27, K219, and K728 are ONLY the 10mm-induced Soviet disasters of which SOME indication has leaked out of the old Soviet system. The Dungeon Historical Research Division has firmly established the destructiveness of the 10mm in destroying the MIC strategic bomber, the KEY ballistic missle sub, and the MOUSE experimental main battle tank.

Many Dungeon types suffered sobriety to bring us this information.
That's right... that's exactly right. WE brought down the Soviet Union. They can lie about it all they want, but facts remain. Ha! Let them try to explain how we are taking away all their hottest women!

Oh, and the Dungeon types suffer sobriety because they never learned to "turn it on and off" (or "off and on" as the case may, could, or should be,) like a light switch.

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier
www.BrooksTactical.com Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlnDjdfWkLY

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:21   #15679
countrygun

A point I would like to bring up for consideration. Since we now have the 10mm as a reality, I think we can streamline our vernacular and make communications mor efficient if we simply adopt the habit of referring to all other handgun cartridges as "Experimental" as in "There is the 10mm and then their are the experiments"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:09   #15680
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Quote:

It was determined that the intersecting seismic annomolies were the result of two mating HumpBack Whales that simultaneously orgasmed...No one could have corrected for such a biological whale experience!

The biological aftermath of material in the water could have spawned the Godzilla creature???...

Last edited by _The_Shadow; 07-07-2012 at 13:29..
Old 07-07-2012, 18:14   #15681
VN350X10

We can run a set of jumper cables if we need to....
TARDIS is avaliable & standing by. Been using it's refrigeration unit all past week......it's been a tad warm here on the North end of the Lagoon.

uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 20:59   #15682
VN350X10

has the heat melted everybody ?
I haven't even seen anybody by the Lagoon Bar all week......

or are we OUT of "N"Sweat Lager ??
Old 07-11-2012, 21:24   #15683
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
has the heat melted everybody ?
I haven't even seen anybody by the Lagoon Bar all week......

or are we OUT of "N"Sweat Lager ??
The brutal weather has indeed taken its toll. A significant portion of the standard-issue 10-Ring raucous inebriated debauched revelry has shifted to the underground range, to take advantage of the cooler underground venue. Fortunately, the libation feed lines to the range were able to carry the full logistics load of keeping the inebriated 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) fully supplied per contract specifications. Now that the brutal heat has eased off, we anticipate a steady 10-Ringer migration back to the traditional Lagoon party hangouts.
Old 07-11-2012, 22:25   #15684
countrygun

Quote:
The brutal weather has indeed taken its toll. A significant portion of the standard-issue 10-Ring raucous inebriated debauched revelry has shifted to the underground range, to take advantage of the cooler underground venue. Fortunately, the libation feed lines to the range were able to carry the full logistics load of keeping the inebriated 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) fully supplied per contract specifications. Now that the brutal heat has eased off, we anticipate a steady 10-Ringer migration back to the traditional Lagoon party hangouts.

Well I am glad to see that 10-ringers have a good use for an underground range rather than firing 10mms. Remember the that last time that was done and the earthquake panic started? sending out all of the warnings needed to prevent such a thing again would drastically cut into revenues, hence into the libations budget and with summer upon us that would be unconscionable.
Old 07-11-2012, 22:33   #15685
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well I am glad to see that 10-ringers have a good use for an underground range rather than firing 10mms. Remember the that last time that was done and the earthquake panic started? sending out all of the warnings needed to prevent such a thing again would drastically cut into revenues, hence into the libations budget and with summer upon us that would be unconscionable.
All true, but ya gotta admit it is a hoot to touch off an occasional full-power 10mm round and then watch all the common-rabble-9-and-40 types freak out with their "sky is falling" shtick because they think the shock means the world is ending. Such entertainment is precious, and is perhaps worth an occasional logistics hiccup to experience (pardon my heresy about logistics hiccups).
Old 07-12-2012, 09:51   #15686
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

I am suffering from all the heat and a mirage of the horizon was getting blurry, however recent rains have cooled things down slightly...I need to increase my hydration libations intake! Pass me a N Sweat please!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:34   #15687
countrygun

Quote:
All true, but ya gotta admit it is a hoot to touch off an occasional full-power 10mm round and then watch all the common-rabble-9-and-40 types freak out with their "sky is falling" shtick because they think the shock means the world is ending. Such entertainment is precious, and is perhaps worth an occasional logistics hiccup to experience (pardon my heresy about logistics hiccups).

Last time I went up into the hills for a little practice some nervous nellie (probably a .40 shooter) heard me and felt the concussion and the next thing I knew I got an Air National Guard flyover, it was cool
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39   #15688
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
I am suffering from all the heat and a mirage of the horizon was getting blurry, however recent rains have cooled things down slightly...I need to increase my hydration libations intake! Pass me a N Sweat please!
The 10-Ring Medical Center assures us that N-Sweat is superior to water for hydration. Water, while useful, cannot replace electrolytes lost in the perspiration process. This conclusion is based on research we will get around to doing sometime when we feel like it.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 07-12-2012 at 12:40..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 13:02   #15689
countrygun

Quote:
The 10-Ring Medical Center assures us that N-Sweat is superior to water for hydration. Water, while useful, cannot replace electrolytes lost in the perspiration process. This conclusion is based on research we will get around to doing sometime when we feel like it.

Not to mention that water does nothing to supply carbohydrates. Heat can affect the digestive system and make it terribly inefficient. Carbs in liquid form are more easily digested. So called "Sports Drinks" that brag about "0-carbs" are doing a great disservice and may be causing folks to actually starve to death. N-Sweat should be considered a "hoursderve" in a glass. And we all know you can make a meal of hoursderves if you eat enough of them.
Old 07-12-2012, 13:07   #15690
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Not to mention that water does nothing to supply carbohydrates. Heat can affect the digestive system and make it terribly inefficient. Carbs in liquid form are more easily digested. So called "Sports Drinks" that brag about "0-carbs" are doing a great disservice and may be causing folks to actually starve to death. N-Sweat should be considered a "hoursderve" in a glass. And we all know you can make a meal of hoursderves if you eat enough of them.
... and I'll bet you subscribe to the guy-belief that beer is liquid bread!
Old 07-12-2012, 13:15   #15691
countrygun

Quote:
... and I'll bet you subscribe to the guy-belief that beer is liquid bread!

Well, in my younger days we did refer to Bud Light as "The wonderbread of beers- all full of air with no substance"
Old 07-12-2012, 15:52   #15692
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Well make me a N Sweat Po-Boy! That's what us cajun's call an foot long hoursderve!

( @ ) ( @ )

Old 07-12-2012, 18:23   #15693
VN350X10

not sure WHY so many are affected by the heat. Uncle's real-time, pay-the-taxes job involves welding in a steel fabricating shop, so the only folks I have any sympathy for are those who work in foundries. (we make their equipment !)

But I do make sure that there is a sufficient supply on "N"Sweat Lager avaliable !
Old 07-12-2012, 18:41   #15694
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
And we all know you can make a meal of hoursderves if you eat enough of them.
horse ovaries & prairie oysters
Old 07-12-2012, 18:48   #15695
VN350X10

this might be a GREAT time to start a new diet......
Old 07-12-2012, 18:49   #15696
VN350X10

Might even try the "nuts & berries" routine for a while.....
Old 07-12-2012, 21:05   #15697
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Ya'll can keep the "horse ovaries & prairie oysters", "nuts & berries"
I'll take couple dozen grilled oysters, boiled crabs, shrimp or crawfish, just remember in louisiana we live to eat!

About the heat...I used to be a fireman, we went in when other were coming out!
Old 07-13-2012, 15:45   #15698
VN350X10

Shadow......what time the oysters be done ?? I'll bring my OWN hot sause, you just might like it !

uncle albert
Old 07-13-2012, 17:30   #15699
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
Shadow......what time the oysters be done ??

The raw oysters are already done.

Old 07-13-2012, 17:31   #15700
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

I heard raw oysters were an aphrodesiac, so I tried a dozen.
Only 7 of them worked, so save your money.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival