Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-18-2011, 22:54   #12641
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
I think somebody used to call me "stinky." Does that count?
My daughter calls me that!

I wonder why?
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 23:24   #12642
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
Like uncle, she also carries a Cold Steel "Gunsite" folding tanto, in 5" flavor.
:
<<< carries the 4" incher.

Which might explain how I only gained Dungeon Engineering duty.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:33   #12643
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
My daughter calls me that!

I wonder why?
For a while, I was hoping to get the custom license plate title, "SwampGas," for my 85 Mustang. But, when I decided not to get Nitrous , I went with a variant of "Nervous" instead.

... that, and I was afraid people would misinterpret the "SwampGas" moniker and I'd get the nickname of stinky back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 06-19-2011 at 11:34..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:42   #12644
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Happy Father's Day! and Happy Day to Twee Twee & Susan(whom we haven't heard from in a while!)
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:22   #12645
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
For a while, I was hoping to get the custom license plate title, "SwampGas," for my 85 Mustang. But, when I decided not to get Nitrous , I went with a variant of "Nervous" instead.

... that, and I was afraid people would misinterpret the "SwampGas" moniker and I'd get the nickname of stinky back.
True story:

My younger brother, a dentist, wanted to abbreviate the term "Smile Maker" on his plates. So he ordered some vanity plates that read, "SMLMAKR". Henceforth, he and his vehicles have been affectionately referred to as "smell maker."
Old 06-19-2011, 13:33   #12646
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn

Last edited by G33; 06-23-2011 at 02:31..
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 20:32   #12647
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

The Dungeon Thematic Apperception Establishment is particularly impressed by the firearm/blade combinations pictured above. Note to selves: Do not hassle the owner.
Old 06-20-2011, 13:50   #12648
MinervaDoe

Quote:
True story:

My younger brother, a dentist, wanted to abbreviate the term "Smile Maker" on his plates. So he ordered some vanity plates that read, "SMLMAKR". Henceforth, he and his vehicles have been affectionately referred to as "smell maker."
Well, I hope this isn't taken as a pun , but that sounds like it really backfired on him.

Old 06-20-2011, 14:19   #12649
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Well, I hope this isn't taken as a pun , but that sounds like it really backfired on him.
Couldn't resist, could you?
Old 06-20-2011, 16:06   #12650
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Tater, the Dungeon scholarly organizations agree with your assessment; that pun was clearly at variance with the linguistic standards we prefer to maintain within the 10-Ring organization. Be assured we Dungeon admin types will formulate some sort of suitably classy punishment to be inflicted on the perpetrator of that substandard line. We will keep you advised.
Old 06-20-2011, 16:08   #12651
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

MOVED to Page 507

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 16:48   #12652
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Chute'm Chute'm
Old 06-20-2011, 18:43   #12653
VN350X10

Uncle learned a long time ago that if one has a fast, unique or other blatant vehicle, the more pedestrian the plate, the better !
For a number of years, I had a plate on my VW Dune Buggy that was right in the middle of the sequence that just "happened" to be set up for the City of McHenry's unmarked PD cars ! Amazing what can happen when an old friend works at the DMV.....

uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 22:05   #12654
MinervaDoe

Quote:
I shop at Toilet Humor R 'Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Tater, the Dungeon scholarly organizations agree with your assessment; that pun was clearly at variance with the linguistic standards we prefer to maintain within the 10-Ring organization. Be assured we Dungeon admin types will formulate some sort of suitably classy punishment to be inflicted on the perpetrator of that substandard line. We will keep you advised.
No!!! Not another spate of toilet syphoning duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkist Tuna Announcer
Sorry Charlie. We don't want tunas with good taste. We want tunas that taste good.
Story of my life.

Quote:
Uncle learned a long time ago that if one has a fast, unique or other blatant vehicle, the more pedestrian the plate, the better !
I've found that a white 85 LX hatchback is pretty easily overlooked. By accident, I've found a spot where the police seem to wait for the sound of a car under hard acceleration and then drive onto the expressway. On two different occassions, I slowed back down to expressway speed by the intersection and didn't even get a suspicous look from the cop who was swiveling his head looking for a hot car.

Quote:
For a number of years, I had a plate on my VW Dune Buggy that was right in the middle of the sequence that just "happened" to be set up for the City of McHenry's unmarked PD cars ! Amazing what can happen when an old friend works at the DMV.....
If you had our embezzlement division work on that one, they probably also could have arranged for the city to pay your registration fees too.

Old 06-20-2011, 22:38   #12655
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
No!!! Not another spate of toilet syphoning duty.

Story of my life.
Yo, MD! The Dungeon Admin Apparatus thinks you are confusing OUR punishment with that imposed by the common-rabble-9-and-40-shooters for THEIR infractions! Forcing you onto toilet duty is more THEIR style. As a defendant in the dock for a violation of 10-Ring repartee' standards, you would actually be in a rather enviable position: first choice on food, first choice on libations, prime seat for all the banter between all involved in the proceedings, your every whim satisfied lest we be accused of cruel treatment of a helpless defendant. And even if you are convicted, well, all sentences of a 10-Ring Tribunal must pass appeal by a sober 10-Ring quorum. As of today, the sentencing backlog is so great you would be on social security before your case would make it to the top of the review list. The price of 10mm ammo should rank FAR above any concern about the outcome of your "trial".
Old 06-21-2011, 08:36   #12656
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

I have one thing to say: Jes!

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 14:38   #12657
MinervaDoe

Oh, that kind of tanto. I thought you guys were talking about the Lone Rangers buddy.
Why didn't you say so.
Here is Ronin Minervadoe's private collection of Japanese style blades.
The 10 Ring

Old 06-21-2011, 14:44   #12658
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Someone once said...Oh that Knife!

The 10 Ring
Old 06-21-2011, 15:25   #12659
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Someone once said...Oh that Knife!

The 10 Ring
That reminds me. I forgot to include my japanese Yari (speartip, currently not mounted on a staff).

Old 06-21-2011, 15:37   #12660
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
I have one thing to say: Jes!

Hmmmmm ... Twee-Twee is pleased. When Twee-Twee is pleased, we are ALL pleased! MinervaDoe, you have just fulfilled the operational requirements to be specified, in 10-Ring parlance, as "one lucky bastard"! Those of us on the admin duties at your upcoming tribunal symposium request you keep us in mind as candidates for "mispresion of felony" charges for our possible participation in your heinous pun offense. Twee-Twee is in charge of interim punishment for pending sentences until the inebriated 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) finally get their judicial act together and determine whether your appeal is really worth a damn. Most "victims" of Twee-Twee's interim punishments wind up hitting their knees hoping for interminable delay in the 10-Ring judicial apparatus. Hence our envy of you during adjudication of your heavy-handed linguistic faux-pau.

We'll keep a light on for you ... but then, Twee-Twee may prefer to work in the dark.

Tags
moved to page, retardis revival