Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-13-2004, 06:16   #41
vega

Re: 3 shots

Quote:
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Well, according to the statistics quoted in gun forums, the average number of shots fired in a civilian gunfight is 2 - 3. The matter has been resolved, one way or the other, by then.
Hey ante, I was kidding with you. Don't take it too seriously. I agree with 3 shoots. I just hope those shots will be coming from me. On the other hand, I would prefer no shots at all.

Going back to the issue, LexaDoig welcome to the forum!;c I have a few snitches with my Bersa before. It only likes factory load ammo and had FTF on reloads. Other than that it was a great pistol. Just like everyone else here, we need to start somewhere and after that the bug will bite you.

Either you start with Bersa today, I'm pretty sure you will want another one tomorrow. Goodluck with your search.

vega
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 08:02   #42
casmot
Re membered

Quote:
Originally posted by New_comer
Also, ignore those models with ports up top. They get dirty very easily.

Oh, and welcome to BOG's
Not only do they get dirty very easily but they are also very loud and you can get burned when you shoot it in a confined space.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:38   #43
LexaDoig

Great tips! Thanks everyone.

BTW I'm quite mechanically inclined so I'll probably not have problems operating autoloaders...
LexaDoig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:26   #44
Valor1
Pro Paingiver

You are right Horge. Clint Smith is really quite exaggerating and on a lighter side if engaged in a gunfight. Its just that he's trying to tell his students that if ever most gets involved in a gunfight, you won't have time to think. Your inital reaction is simply shoot the threat until you STOPPED him or he's down or he's running with his tails between his legs. If in the case, he doesn't do that and you are still alive in a gunfight and your gun runs empty, change mags and do it again. Shoot and shoot. If you ran out of ammo, better pray to the bullet fairy to drop a fresh magazine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Valor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:15   #45
julianz
toxic master

Quote:
Originally posted by Evan N. Payawal
Have read a lot of bad stuff about the Taurus PT-111 on the web, specifically the posted claims of some (complete with photos) that the pins on the frame of the PT-111 break before 1000 rounds, so the gun can actually break apart in your hand while you fire it. Is this true? Even the PT-145 has been claimed to fracture its polymer frmae at about 400 rounds.

well i will find out when i get back , i have a PT111 mil ti 250 rounds fmj 50 rounds hollows no signs of pin break, the only thing i can say about the PT111 is that its to difficult to reassemble .
julianz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 13:41   #46
vega

Quote:
Have read a lot of bad stuff about the Taurus PT-111 on the web
I read somewhere that Taurus resolved this problem.
Also Gun Test gave a thumbs-up on PT111.
http://www.gun-tests.com/pub/13_3/features/4692-1.html

vega
BOG #005
Old 08-13-2004, 15:39   #47
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

Yes, but the Taurus models for sale here are usually older problem-prone ones.
You can tell by the grip moulding.
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 18:05   #48
antediluvianist

Originally posted by antediluvianist
Well, according to the statistics quoted in gun forums, the average number of shots fired in a civilian gunfight is 2 - 3. The matter has been resolved, one way or the other, by then.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ante, I was kidding with you. Don't take it too seriously. I agree with 3 shoots. I just hope those shots will be coming from me. On the other hand, I would prefer no shots at all.

OK. I'm not "offended" at all. Just couldn't tell if you were serious or not about the "reload and keep firing into the guy" thing. Of course, for some people - certain politicians come to mind - making sure they're absolutely, excessively, dead would be a good idea.
Old 08-13-2004, 23:53   #49
Hermo Gut

I agree with New Comer ,the Norinco 1911A1 is really ugly (tool marks ,fittings ,etc.) but when it shoots it's as beautiful as most 50T pesos worth pistol. I know , I have about a dozen of those (HK,Walther,Para ,Colt etc.) and Norinco is not far behind in terms of accuracy ,durability & reliability.

However , in terms of saleability ,reliability & "aesthetics" go with New Comer's advice on Glock, SIG ,& HK .
BOG #941
Heckler and Koch Club #50
"There are only two ways to live your life.One is as though nothing is a miracle.The other is as though everything is a miracle."
- Albert Einstein -
Hermo Gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:48   #50
mc_oliver

I was aware of the PT-945 frame-cracking problem but not in the PT-111. An officemate had one and the trigger was long and bad but not horrible. ;f

It didn't choke on any of the ammo we've tried, from the armscor fmj's to the corbon 115's. I don't think the round count reached 1k, though. The grip wasn't very conducive to high round count shooting.

The ones I'm seeing in Trust Trade looks slightly different (and more expensive) which leads me to think baka upgraded na rin yung mga models.

Nothing against the Bersa, I just prefer the 9 for carry...ahh, hehe, that's coming from a guy who keeps a "vintage 380" handy. ;f
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:22   #51
Alexii
Janeway Forever

Quote:
Originally posted by horge
Don't know who Clint Smith is, or the local context of his wisdom.
Same guy who said, "Always cheat, always win". He's a tactics guru who runs the arguably best tactics-based shooting school in the US, Thunder Ranch.

BOG #13
Alexii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:50   #52
julianz
toxic master

PT111

(Originally posted by mc_oliver)
The ones I'm seeing in Trust Trade looks slightly different (and more expensive) which leads me to think baka upgraded na rin yung mga models.

Sir Mc
I guess you are referring to the PT111 Millenium Titanium ,more expensive than the regular PT111 or the 24/7 with Tac rail and may police model pa on display the last time i checked.

Last edited by julianz; 08-15-2004 at 08:52..
julianz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 09:10   #53
vega

LexaDoig - My brother sent me an email. The Bersa is a keeper. I'm glad he changed his mind.

vega
BOG #005
Old 08-15-2004, 20:35   #54
mc_oliver

Re: PT111

Quote:
Originally posted by julianz
Sir Mc
I guess you are referring to the PT111 Millenium Titanium ,more expensive than the regular PT111 or the 24/7 with Tac rail and may police model pa on display the last time i checked.
Thanks for the info dre. With their pricing, I think a 2nd hand glock 26 is a practical option for me. Na putok ko yung G26 ni Dino last week, nagulo na naman mundo ko...hehe ;f
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 22:36   #55
LexaDoig

Quote:
LexaDoig - My brother sent me an email. The Bersa is a keeper. I'm glad he changed his mind.
Yeah I was texting him the other day.

Tnx.
Old 08-22-2004, 18:43   #56
vega

update

LexaDoig - So which one have you decided?

vega
BOG #005
Old 08-22-2004, 21:41   #57
LexaDoig

vega, I haven't really decided yet... I might go to manila tomorrow to look around...
Old 08-22-2004, 21:51   #58
deenoh

Re: Re: PT111

Quote:
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Thanks for the info dre. With their pricing, I think a 2nd hand glock 26 is a practical option for me. Na putok ko yung G26 ni Dino last week, nagulo na naman mundo ko...hehe ;f
Mc_O,

Its time to join the fold uli ;f ;f ;f

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Follow us on
deenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:22   #59
flyboy 1
Sir Yes Sir!!

Last edited by flyboy 1; 12-19-2005 at 12:08..
flyboy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:36   #60
Valor1
Pro Paingiver

Alam nyo, pagkaganda talga ng Glock 26 na iyan. Napakasarap ibaril. Napaka-versatile. Lagyan mo ng A&G grip extender tapos gamit ka ng G19 or G 17 mags grabe na pagka-high cap mo. Gusto mo ikabit mo extra barrel ng G19 extended gun ka na kaagad. pagka-cute at dali pang itago. SArap pa iputok. Lagay mo sa ankle holster pasok ka na kahit saaan na hindi halata. Gusto mo sa bulsa mo o sa bag ng Misis mo. Ang galing talaga.
Band of Glockers

Valor1 is offline   Reply With Quote