Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-12-2004, 13:52   #1
Ffolkes

Has a game ever changed your shooting habits?

Just curious, I know on some forums you mention you got an idea from a game and the flames just start rolling in. However, I noticed when playing Sierra's Swat3 some years ago that many of my shots were indeed hitting my virtual opponent in the outstretched hand or arm if he was pointing a gun at me. It led me to believe the heavy bullet crowd had a point, you do need to shoot through things sometimes even if it is another part of your opponent! This had not occurred to me before seeing it in the game, as I don't shoot for a living or anything.
__
ffolkes.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
Ffolkes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 21:07   #2
DesertEagle
CLM Number 57
OH HELL MY HEAD

Send a message via AIM to DesertEagle Send a message via Yahoo to DesertEagle
Re: Has a game ever changed your shooting habits?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ffolkes
many of my shots were indeed hitting my virtual opponent in the outstretched hand or arm if he was pointing a gun at me.
Well, that just means you weren't doing it right. Head & groin/gut shots prevent such issues ;f

Dunno if groins a good idea in real life. A civil trial would be a real downer most likely, in addition to miss issues. But head shots are applicable, although difficult and not quite as practical a target from a hit/miss perspective, especially under stress. Low 6 o'clock COM/gut shots would likely duck under arms/hands, may cause a reaction that would open the true COM heart/lung area for followup shot(s).

In the game, since I didn't have to worry about ricochets or anything, I'd shoot em in the JUNK!!!!

D.E.
Bladerunner: #1208 - Forty Club: #1208 - HiPo Club - Niner's: #1208 - Rimfire: #69
DesertEagle is offline   Reply With Quote