SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-13-2004, 17:05   #21
srfl

Quote:
Originally posted by srfl
I exchanged e-mails with David Stillwell of Grandfather Oak Custom Carry (www.grandfatheroak.com).

He is getting Steyr dummies in order to start making kydex holsters for the Steyrs. I asked him to let me know when he starts making them.

(SNIPPED)

I'll keep ya'll posted.

(SNIPPED)
As promised, David Stillwell notified me that he will now be making his Quick Companion kydex holster for the Steyr M for only $30 (shipped!)......$27 for those of us Glocktalk members (!!)

The Quick Companion is an OWB holster cut low in the front. It attaches to the belt using the Blade Tech TEC-LOK. You can get a butt forward cant or straight drop.

David actually went and purchased an M9 this past weekend in order to make the holster....so maybe he'll post on these hallowed pages of ours since is now one of us?

Take a look here to see the holster.

I just sent him payment for one.
srfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 17:27   #22
SteyrFan

Milt Sparks

I noticed on www.rigrate.com that the Milt Sparks VM2 is available for Steyrs as well.
SteyrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:56   #23

O.K. for those that wanted pictures of the fit of the Rafter S Holster that I have here they are. The belt is also a shark skin gunbelt from Rafter S. This is all folks. Steyr Club
Steyr Club Steyr Club

Last edited by 9026543; 12-21-2004 at 08:59..
9026543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:51   #24
mrapathy2000

It's well underways but nobody knows
A repeat of history,That's how it goes

Last edited by mrapathy2000; 03-23-2005 at 18:33..
mrapathy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 13:02   #25

To old and fat (as you can see in the pix) to run, and have not been in any wrestling duels while carrying but for everyday wear it holds good but not so tight as to affect your draw. I have had no problems with the gun coming out when it wasn't suposed to. When the holster is made it is molded to fit the gun block that they use. Mine was so tight when new that I put the gun in a plastic bag and let it sit for a couple of days as not to have to jerk and pull when drawing. They also have the best customer service of any company that I have done business with.
9026543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 13:59   #26
hartzpad

I received my two Blade-Tech holsters a few weeks ago and finally snapped some pics of both with my M9 and my S9. Both holsters took about a month from the time I ordered to the time I received them, every holster is custom made I guess.

I ordered:

(1) Blade-Tech OWB kydex paddle holster w/ adjustable cant to fit a Steyr M9 for $59.99

(1) Blade-Tech IWB kydex holster for a Steyr S9 (well, I ordered it for an S9 but it came as a Steyr M9 holster, oh well, only a slight different in length of the holster). I ordered it w/ adjustable cant w/ 1.5" J hooks.

Both holsters work well with both the M9 and the S9, although I'm not too fond of the attachment hooks on the IWB holster, the J hooks just make the holster too wide. If I could do it all over again, I would try to find a way to use this IWB holster with wings, to keep the holster more steady and less thick.

M9 in IWB holster
Steyr Club

S9 in IWB holster
Steyr Club

S9 in IWB holster (left)
Steyr Club

S9 in IWB holster (right)
Steyr Club

M9 in IWB holster (left)
Steyr Club

M9 in IWB holster (right)
Steyr Club

M9 in OWB paddle holster
Steyr Club

M9 in OWB paddle holster
Steyr Club

M9 in OWB paddle holster being carried
Steyr Club
hartzpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 16:22   #27
HushH

Hey Hartzpad,

Is that the stealth or tactical black on your holsters? I just ordered a UCH for my S40 in tactical. No idea what the difference is except the lady told me the tactical doesn't catch the light like the stealth does. Will post pics as soon as I get it.
HushH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:44   #28
hartzpad

Both of those holsters are stealth black, I believe that tactical black is more of a pebble type surface. You can read about it in the FAQ of their website.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:01   #29
srfl

Everyone, here is another maker of Steyr M-series holsters: Bluelineleather.com.

Apparently it's a one-man shop that makes very inexpensive leather OWB (and one IWB) belt holsters and accessories. He can do custom jobs too....you just need to e-mail him with wants and to get a price quote.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:20   #30
hartzpad

I ordered a Comp-Tac CTAC IWB holster today for my M9. MrApathy2000, you might want to make a little note next to the Comp-Tac URL that they charge $20 extra to make a holster for a Steyr because they are specially hand made since Steyrs are not very common. I'll post impressions and pics after I receive it.
Old 01-22-2005, 00:29   #31
steyrd straight

www.bulmangunleather.com

Last edited by steyrd straight; 01-22-2005 at 00:37..
steyrd straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 15:46   #32
srfl

Here's another Steyr holster maker:

Contact Holster of Latvia......yes, Latvia.

Nice looking OWB, IWB and shoulder holsters (and a few nylon designs)....prices are in Euro.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:48   #33
zi-tekx

Bianchi holster

AS I was going through some gun related items that I had stored away I cam across a BIACHI paddle type nylon holster. I has the retainer loop that snaps on front and 2 small retainer loops, one on each end of the holster that attaches to a belt and thse both have snaps as well so you wouldn't have to take your belt off to get the holster off. This is of course a high ride type hip holster and is almost preformed to fit the pistol.

To make a long story short. I tried the S9 that I have and it fit perfect in this holster. Tight but then again who wants thier pistol to fall out. It left a little room at the bottom between the end of the bbl and the bottom of the holster. Say about 1/4 -1/2". I then tried my M9 on this same holster and it too did fit but was a little tighter than the S9 going in as it moved the slide back a little and the end of the pistol was at the bottom of the holster.

I will look on Bianchi's web sight and see if they are still making this holster and let ya'll know the model number. Seems like it will be a good holster to take to the range.

SEMPER FI!
zi-tekx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:53   #34
zi-tekx

Hello again. Just checked out Bianchi's web sight. The holster I mentioned earlier is a 7506 accumold belt slide with removeable thumb strap.

Semper Fi!
zi-tekx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 15:52   #35
mrapathy2000

It's well underways but nobody knows
A repeat of history,That's how it goes

Last edited by mrapathy2000; 03-23-2005 at 18:33..
mrapathy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 15:16   #36
MinisterofDeath

Fobus v. Blade-Tech

I have been looking at both Fobus and Blade-Tech dual magazine carriers for my Steyr M-40 magazines. I am impressed with the style and apparent quality of both manufactures magazine carriers, but Fobus appears to be half the price of Blade-Tech. On the other hand, Fobus does not specifically list Steyr M-40 magazines in its selection of dual magainze holsters. Therefore I have two real questions:

(1) Which Fobus Dual Magazine holster would accomodate
Steyr M-40 magazines?

(2) Does anyone have direct knowledge of the quality of
Fobus dual-magazine carriers to that of Blade-Tech?

Just trying to make an informed choice and avoid spending extra money if possible.

Thanks
MinisterofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 20:36   #37
jnclement

It's the Fobus 6900BH. The mags stay in until I pull them out, which was all I was looking for.
jnclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:00   #38
MinisterofDeath

THANKS JNCLEMENT

THANKS, I'm Going to go ahead and order the FOBUS then.
MinisterofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10   #39
jnclement

The Fobus 6909BH does NOT work with M40 or M9 mags. You end up having to resell it to your buddy with an XD. So be careful when you order.
jnclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:43   #40
The Pontificator
Angry Samoan

Gratuitous "bump"

The Pontificator is offline   Reply With Quote