SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:37   #1
doctabako
Gun Aficionado

WSC Robbery and Homicide

In the news it was reported that the Weapons Systems Corporation Gun store and range was robbed and its range officer was killed by SOB's who used him for target practice.
Isn't one of the BoGs related or connected(can't remember who exactly, sorry) with this gun store.
Such a tragedy, I hope the perpetrators are caught and summarily executed.:(
Band of Glockers #666
Big Dawg # 1241
Black Rifle Club #666
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
doctabako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:17   #2
JuDGe

Send a message via Yahoo to JuDGe
Yes, that's Deenoh.

Our gunclub/indoor shooting range here at Paranaque also should take precaution over this incident.
JuDGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:23   #3
doctabako
Gun Aficionado

Ah yes, Deenoh
Yes,all gun stores with ranges should take extra precautions now. The lack of Security Guards made this store an easy target for these people.
Band of Glockers #666
Big Dawg # 1241
Black Rifle Club #666
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Old 07-26-2004, 06:33   #4
Kiddo

Prayers will be sent tonight, RIP. When someone goes to the range while I'm shooting and tries to steal my guns, well, thats why we practice.
Kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:57   #5
St. Croix
Lock and Load

saw it in tv patrol earlier. really sad. it was reported that the perpetrators pretended to be shooters who entered the range/store last friday. hope these guys are caught soon.
St. Croix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:11   #6
deenoh

The person who was killed was a friend of mine. I used to talk to him after shooting a few rounds at the range. He was such a nice guy. I can't imagine what was going through the killer's mind that drove him to such a thing. Hope the BG gets caught soon.

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
deenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:36   #7
doctabako
Gun Aficionado

This is really sad. Please send our condolences.
Band of Glockers #666
Big Dawg # 1241
Black Rifle Club #666
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Old 07-26-2004, 10:44   #8
attyjpl
Dark Justice

Send a message via Yahoo to attyjpl
my condolences as well.

i hope the culprits who orchestrated this cowardly act will get the death penalty
BOG #45790
attyjpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 17:33   #9
JuDGe

Send a message via Yahoo to JuDGe
Firing range loses 50 guns to robbers

By Edu Punay
The Philippine Star 07/27/2004

A male helper was killed while a gunsmith was hurt when at least six men broke into a firing range and gun store in Parañaque City the other day and carted away 50 firearms, police said yesterday.

Found dead at the firing range of the Weapon System Corp. along San Agustin street in Barangay Moonwalk at around 11:30 a.m. was Rex Dorremon, 27, a stay-in gunsmith helper of the store owned by lawyer Hector Rodriguez.

Gunsmith Zaldy Gabao, 38, who is also in charge of the firing range, was found handcuffed inside the administration office of the store.

City police chief Superintendent Ronald Estilles said Dorremon sustained multiple gunshot wounds in the body as the suspects apparently used him for target practice.

Initial investigation revealed that two men entered the firing range at around 11:45 a.m. last Sunday and posed as customers.

Gabao allowed the two to rent caliber .45 pistols and use the firing range.

While the two were shooting targets at the firing range, four other individuals entered the area, also posing as customers.

Gabao told probers that two from the group asked him to guide them to the restroom.

Estilles said that when they reached the restroom, the two men hit him on the head using the handguns they had rented.

When Gabao regained consciousness, he found himself handcuffed inside the store’s office.

He kept on shouting for help, but was only freed when the secretary and cashier arrived the next day at the store.

Probers said the suspects took from the display and storage cabinet four low-powered riffles and 46 short firearms, estimated at over P1 million.

They also took live ammunition from the stockroom before fleeing on board four motorcycles and two cars.

"This is a simple robbery case," noted Estilles as he downplayed the incident. "And they can’t easily use the firearms anyway since they don’t have firing pins."

Still, police said a thorough investigation and follow-up operation would be conducted. A cartographic sketch of one of the suspects, whom Gabao said dropped by the store to inquire about a purchase, was released by police yesterday afternoon.
JuDGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 18:01   #10
agentrod

This is a real risk for gun ranges renting out and selling guns. May the guy R.I.P.
agentrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 19:57   #11
batangueno
Shock Resist

Got the text from JuDGe last night regarding the gun store. ;T Deenoh, condolences to your friends family.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 20:21   #12
mikey177
Remember

Quote:
Originally posted by JuDGe
Found dead at the firing range of the Weapon System Corp. along San Agustin street in Barangay Moonwalk at around 11:30 a.m. was Rex Dorremon, 27, a stay-in gunsmith helper of the store.

City police chief Superintendent Ronald Estilles said Dorremon sustained multiple gunshot wounds in the body as the suspects apparently used him for target practice.

"This is a simple robbery case," noted Estilles as he downplayed the incident. "And they can't easily use the firearms anyway since they don't have firing pins."
I think its a bit callous for the police to call an incident wherein somebody was murdered a "simple robbery." And its also lame to say that the firearms can't be used easily since they don't have firing pins. Duh, many gun stores have firing pins in stock among their spare parts.

Anyway, my condolences to the family of your friend, deenoh. I too hope that the scumbags who did this will soon be caught and punished :(

P.S.

I'll never complain again when the guard at PB Dionisio pats me down and asks me to leave my gun at the front desk before entering the store.

Last edited by mikey177; 07-26-2004 at 20:26..
mikey177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 20:41   #13
jasonub

condolence deenoh,
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 20:58   #14
bulm540

God I hope they catch the BGs and use them as moving targets at an IPSC match.
Old 07-26-2004, 21:57   #15
mc_oliver

Really sad. :(
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 22:27   #16
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

deenoh,

My prayers go out for the victims, and to their families.

WSC is a good gun store.
As soon as it's up and running again, I'll try to help out via my consumer peso. I'll likely order the stuff at the WSC Ortigas office up in the City & Land building (across the street from Robinson's Galleria, Ortigas/EDSA).

What's happening to our country?
Just when you think things are starting to settle down and improve.
:(
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 22:50   #17
flyboy 1
Sir Yes Sir!!

Condolences and prayers to the family of Rex. When the authorities catch up with these low-life criminals, I really hope they try to put up a fight....;b ;2 ;I
flyboy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:14   #18
Valor1
Pro Paingiver

My condolences to the relatives of the victims. May swift justice be made on the case.

Valor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:56   #19
deenoh

Thank you for the kind words. I will make sure they get to the family of Rex.

Horge,
Thank you. I'm sure WSC would appreciate your support.

Like us on

Follow us on
deenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:45   #20
lakay

rex

i met rex during the last gun show. he was the one who entertained me when i ordered a pistol from wsc. he was nice and accomodating.and very patient too(makulit kasi ako and ang dami ko tanong sa kanya regarding the pistol that i ordered)inspite of that di sya mayabang and suplado. batang bata pa ito. di ko akalaing mamamatay na sya. its really sad...
to sir deenoh, kindly relay my condolences to rex's family...
lakay is offline   Reply With Quote