Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-25-2004, 22:34   #1
bedlambelle

random rant about stupid lies liberals preach in acadamia

It is so great to have a place to share my opinions without the insults most liberals substitute for legitimate debate. I am not a veteran but I have a lot of love in my heart for the men and women who chose to join the U.S. armed forces. (My roomates and I say that we want to marry soldiers or former soldiers.)

I am new to GT and I am so glad to have somewhere that I can endlessly rail against stupidity without having the eyes of the listeners glaze over. My sense of outrage gets old, but it is hard to stop being outraged when I am constantly fed new reasons.

It's just that I go to ASU and like most universities it is a breeding ground for liberal lies.

For example I had a teacher say that once every ten years Americans start a war for economic gain. He said that we "destroyed Europe in WWII" and implied that was on purpose so that we would have no competition. Argh!

Everything that man said was I lie and in order to not be penalized grade wise I had to spout the party line. At the beginning of the semester he used the excuse that it was a summmer school class to say that there would be no debating what he said in class because of a shortage of time. I got a "b" in that class despite the fact that I was one of most informed students there, the teacher even said that I was one of the best students.

So, you may ask, why didn't I get an "a"? I feel that it was because I had the audacity to debate with him about some things. Jimmy Carters inept handling of Iran for one thing. Ugh! I am so glad I am graduating in December, I can't take one more semester of stupidity.

Last edited by bedlambelle; 08-25-2004 at 22:43..
bedlambelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 21:27   #2
Aznate

marry a soldier?

why not become a soldier? that way you'll meet alot of them to choose from and defend our nation at the same time.
Aznate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 20:17   #3
MR. Fantastic

Re: random rant about stupid lies liberals preach in acadamia

Quote:
Originally posted by bedlambelle
(My roomates and I say that we want to marry soldiers or former soldiers.)
Well, I' am an available former Marine and convienently live just down the street from you guys on Scottsdale rd. Seriously though, I have a lot of friends who go/graduated from ASU and they have similar horror stories. I'm currently going to Scottsdale Comm. College and I fully intend on milking them for as many credits as I possibly can before I have to transfer to dreaded ASU with their liberal, egotistical profesors. I really want to spend as little time as possible at ASU.
Congradulations on your last semester. I wish I was almost done. All my friends are earning their degrees while I'm just getting started. (4 years active duty) It's pretty discouraging.

Good luck.
MR. Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 21:26   #4
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

As another ASU student, of long, if not distinguished, standing, I'm curious to which professor you're referring. I've taken a LOT of classes there and didn't think it was that much of an issue. On the other hand, I previously attended Berkeley so it may be a question of degree. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post the name on the forum.
Old 09-27-2004, 14:26   #5
Cava3r4

your posts make me glad I am an old man (and veteran). I am retired and don't have to put up with that crap anymore.
When I came home from vietnam I had to put up with all of those nasty liberals at a tech school. I knew I would not last one day at the Univ. of MN.
This place is still ultra liberal. I will be moving to Scottsdale, AZ soon. Hope I can find some shooting buddies when I get there.
Bob
proudly served in A Troop, 3rd Squadron, 4th Cavalry, 25th Inf. Div.
Nov 67 to Aug 24, 68. Republic of Vietnam.
Cava3r4 is offline   Reply With Quote