SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-30-2004, 07:08   #1
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

Neutering your Pet

Something funny happened this weekend during our WACO (We Are Cooking Out) Birthday party and I just had to share it.

A bunch of the neighbors gathered on Saturday night to celebrate Matt's Birthday. We decided to cook out and were congregated around the back porch.

Another neighbor comes by walking her 2 year old yellow lab named Elvis. By chance, another neighbor had his female 8 month old black lab on her leash on the porch. Elvis is neutered, BTW.

It hadn't been five minutes and Elvis is all waggy smiley at this female and before we know it, goes to breed her. The whole time Elvis's owner was saying that she "didn't understand" because he was fixed.

Mom used to want to get our male dachshund fixed when we were growing up. My dad never would let her because he thought it was "cruel". After seeing this, I have to wonder if his behavior would have changed at all. I guess fixing a male dog is a lot like giving a man a vasectomy--you can take away the chance of any offspring, but you can't take away the urge all together!
SouthernGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 13:11   #2
joker1

A friend of mine had two Springers I had given him, a male and a female, both "fixed". They used to get tied every morning. Just a little recreational sex I guess!
Old 08-30-2004, 13:29   #3
cashisking

"Humping" is a show of dominance, and has nothing to do with breeding or sex in k-9s who have been fixed/altered/neutered/etc...
Old 08-30-2004, 13:58   #4
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

Quote:
Originally posted by cashisking
"Humping" is a show of dominance, and has nothing to do with breeding or sex in k-9s who have been fixed/altered/neutered/etc...
Really? I'd never seen a fixed male animal go after a female as quickly as this one did. There happened to be a smaller male dog around as well and yet Elvis didn't try that with "Trevor".
Old 09-17-2004, 06:22   #5
ede
Bama's Friend

my female shepard mix humps my female rotweiller, both fixed
PM Black Diamond 538 F&AM
Bamatrooper taught Chuck Norris how to shoot.
ede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 20:27   #6
ATL Peach Girl
♥Meezers♥

This male siamese I have now was neutered in early July, well after we was an adult......

When he gets on my bed he starts his "bread kneeding" with his front paws and then his back side ummm......starts acting like he is gonna mate with the blankets. His male parts come out.....ugh!!

I asked the vet about this, he said it is behavioral, not hormonal and he said I needed to squirt him with a water bottle when he does it.......

I just push the cat down and make him lay down when he acts like he is gonna start humping.......and the behavior stops.

The vet kind of cautioned me about getting another cat because he may try and hump that cat.......(the vet mentioned to me about a website he had seen about two MALE cats that hump each other all the time and the owner has made a website about it!!!) ;z

I am still gonna get another cat......because I told the vet in the shelter Max was not going around messing with the other cats.....in fact he cowered from other cats.....so he may be quite ok, and this is just a "blanket" ritual.......
Old 09-19-2004, 07:00   #7
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

I swear I've never heard about this being a show of dominance. This has to be the funniest thing I've read in a while. I'm trying to stifle my laughs right now because I'm at work!

Can you imagine all the trouble people would get into if they acted the way their pets do.

Ahhh, don't say it, never mind!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 16:47   #8
cashisking

took awhile, but I did manage to get some links..:

http://www.petplace.com/Articles/artShow.asp?artID=4004

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1498