Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-03-2004, 23:51   #1
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Wilson Combat

Guys,

Any idea on the price of a second hand slightly used Wilson Combat .45 complete with papers less than 300 rounds fired. My friend is trying to sell me his at 46T w/out transfer cost. Thanks to the group!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:22   #2
mc_oliver

Linawin ko lang dre ha, dito ba yan sa 'Pinas? Na Wilson Combat...na dito sa pinas?

How old is that? If you can get the serial no., you can try emailing WC and confirm if it came out of their production line. From the net, ang wilson combat yata over $2K ang presyo. So kung orig yan, aba eh, very good price.

Good luck.
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 10:53   #3
paltik45

I agree with Mc-O mura na yan Sir for that price. But be sure its the REAL THING at hindi paltik. At kung nagkataon ang mahal na paltik nyan;e ;g

"I believe in the POWER of reason but not the use of POWER as a reason."
paltik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:12   #4
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Thanks for the info guys! And yes, the unit is in the Phil.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 09-04-2004, 22:50   #5
bulm540

too good to be true, I would research it first before buying.
Old 09-04-2004, 23:12   #6
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Any ideas on how to spot a fake other than the usual query on the manufacturers serial numbers? Thanks.

Old 09-04-2004, 23:20   #7
mc_oliver

I'd imagine it to be fit tight like a vault but with a very smooth and snag-free slide action. All corners and lines will be properly dressed. Any metal to metal junction will be properly blended and smooth. Very minimal toolmarks, if any, in and out.

But I'm basing these from the pics I've seen of WC's. FWIW, it's too good to be true.
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 23:23   #8
protozo1

Look at the model also. Wilson makes some less expensive models and if it's used it will be that much lower. Make sure the serials match when you check. That is, glock has the serial # stamped on the barrel, slide, and receiver. I don't know if wilson does the same but it will show you if any major parts have been swapped out. Good luck

Last edited by protozo1; 09-04-2004 at 23:26..
protozo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:04   #9
jmy
Lifetime Membership
Still Alive

Re: Wilson Combat

Quote:
Originally posted by PMMA97
Guys,

Any idea on the price of a second hand slightly used Wilson Combat .45 complete with papers less than 300 rounds fired. My friend is trying to sell me his at 46T w/out transfer cost. Thanks to the group!
I,m not an expert but that Wilson-Combat 1911 pistol is very cheap.If I am not mistaken,the cheapest Wilson-Combat(Brand New)1911 pistol you can find in the U.S.A. would cost you $1,500.00.Just make sure that the pistol is authentic including the parts.Baka naman Wilson Basketball yan?Anyway,Good Luck and hoping that it's the real thing for your sake.

jmy
Old 09-05-2004, 09:45   #10
Valor1
Pro Paingiver

I agree with the others. Wilson Combats are quite "rare" in the Philippines since they don't have any official distributors. Some can use Norinco and engrave the Wilson Combat markings. There is not much difference if the gunsmith who imitates is very good (siince some Wilson pistols are actually imported from Norinco). Wislon also uses some proprietary finish. If the gun you are buying is in chrome or blue, do more research (andali ng gayahin nyan dito e).

Valor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:54   #11
bulm540

wilsons are overprice guns anyways, between a Wilson and and STI trojan , i'd pick a STI trojan anytime of the day. ( STI supports our sport tremendously and Wilson - well, need I say more).