Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-07-2004, 20:09   #1
LexaDoig

Crame Gun Safety, Neuro, Drug

BOGs, I might go to Crame tomorrow to take the gun safety seminar, neuro, and drug test...

How much is the gun safety? How long does it take? Do I get the certificate immediately?

Where is the neuro and drug tests done? Inside Crame or outside? Can you suggest a testing center?

Thanks!
LexaDoig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 20:52   #2
Valor1
Pro Paingiver

Try BioQuest in Boni Serrano ave. There's a street in there just in front of Camp Crame's gate. Last ime I was there, they charged me P 1,000 for the Neuro, drug test and DI. The Gun safety seminar I think is is the P 700 for no appearance. Owner is Ms. Beth Tabora (her husband is alsoa Police Major in Crame).

As for the Gun safety, it might take about a week to get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Valor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 22:52   #3
mc_oliver

Lex, kung matutuloy ka Crame baka naman pede mo ko kunan ng konti'ng info about this:

1. 45 caliber gun nasa Mindanao, license is expired and original owner out of the country.

2. What are the papers needed to bring the gun back here sa Manila and transfer it's ownership.

3. Will it matter or need additional papers if the owner used to be in the Army (PMA'er)?

Thanks a bunch.
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 23:17   #4
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Quote:
Originally posted by mc_oliver

3. Will it matter or need additional papers if the owner used to be in the Army (PMA'er)?
Baka PMA Issue hindi pa bayad... sabit ;g

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 00:55   #5
antediluvianist

you actually take the tests?

Gentlemen, doesn't the gunstore/gunclub/whatever that you use "take care" of those neuro. etc. tests for you? I mean, you really go through those tests? I thought everybody did, you know, the same thing as we do for the driver's license. I guess I'm wrong.

Tip on the neuro test ; when it says "I like to shoot people Yes or No ?" , check No.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:14   #6
batangueno
Shock Resist

Re: you actually take the tests?

Quote:
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Tip on the neuro test ; when it says "I like to shoot people Yes or No ?" , check No.
~1
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:50   #7
v1ct0r

Quote:
Gentlemen, doesn't the gunstore/gunclub/whatever that you use "take care" of those neuro. etc. tests for you? I mean, you really go through those tests? I thought everybody did, you know, the same thing as we do for the driver's license. I guess I'm wrong.

;d
v1ct0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:56   #8
ppts799
Daisho

Quote:
shucks! so that's why my ptc was denied ;P huli na tip ni ante eh;e ;e
ppts799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:06   #9
LexaDoig

Quote:

Yeah I would really prefer "non-appearance" processing, but some shops don't do this, and I'm getting another gun on november (gunshow) so I want to reuse the requirements.

Thanks for the tip ;f I haven't failed any of those neuro tests before though... but I prefer IQ tests I find them easier ;b
Old 09-08-2004, 06:22   #10
darwin25
Make your move

Re: Re: you actually take the tests?

Quote:
Originally posted by LexaDoig
but I prefer IQ tests I find them easier ;b
They're one & the same
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 23:08   #11
antediluvianist

Miriam?

"Yeah I would really prefer "non-appearance" processing, but some shops don't do this, and I'm getting another gun on november (gunshow) so I want to reuse the requirements."

Geez, it saves a LOT of your time - going through traffic, sitting for the exam, all that - if you do it "non-appearance". Also, the gunshop/gunclub will keep your documents on file. If you buy another gun within 6 months/one year/something like that of your first gun, SOME of those ests are still valid and you won't have to take them again and spend the time and money.

Anyway, good luck. I don't personally know anybody who has actually failed the neuro test. Possibly Miriam Santiago. (But she does have a gun, doesn't she? Oh, God.)
Old 09-09-2004, 20:02   #12
LexaDoig

So if I do the "non appearance" thing with Shop A can I get a gun at Shop B without going through the "non app" thing again?

So I've been to Crame yesterday... the "seminar" took about 20 minutes, then I pissed into a cup and took the 5-minute neuro test. That wasn't LOT of time. ;Q

Oh people fail psychological tests all the time. When I took GSIS' test the Top 2 guy in the IQ tests failed the psych test, as did many others (I was Top 1 in the IQ BTW and I didn't fail the psych either )

As for Uncle Susing's wife no she's not the type who'll fail these kinds of tests, unless she was on truth serum perhaps? ;f
Old 09-09-2004, 22:00   #13
antediluvianist

"So if I do the "non appearance" thing with Shop A can I get a gun at Shop B without going through the "non app" thing again?"

Not having to take some of those tests again depends on how long is the time gap between the buying of the first and second gun. Beyond a certain point, the tests must be repeated even if you use the same gunshop. Also, a "non-app" is, I believe, good for that particular gun purchase only.

I bought a Glock at Casa Armas after having bought a Tanfoglio maybe 8 months before at Northstar. I asked Casa Armas to get my file from Northstar. Those 2 gunshops cooperate - Caloy Tuason of Northstar and Mr. Topacio of Casa Armas/Twin Pines are friends- Caloy went with me to Casa Armas and called Topacio on the phone and got me a good discount. Don't know if all gunshops cooperate like that.

Glad your Crame experience wasn't a pain. Others have told me they wasted a lot of time there.Aside from the traffic going there.
Old 09-10-2004, 00:53   #14
LexaDoig

The gun safety "seminar" wasn't a pain, but it sure was a joke :( The seminar part was completely nonexistent. They just handed us a test expecting us to know the answers already. It costed 360 pesos.

It probably wasn't a waste though, someone tipped that it would be easy to get a PTC if you took the gun safety thing at crame...
Old 09-11-2004, 03:26   #15
mikol

Quote:
Originally posted by LexaDoig
The gun safety "seminar" wasn't a pain, but it sure was a joke :( The seminar part was completely nonexistent. They just handed us a test expecting us to know the answers already. It costed 360 pesos.

It probably wasn't a waste though, someone tipped that it would be easy to get a PTC if you took the gun safety thing at crame...
hi lex,

i thought the PTC is still under indefinite suspension until now? If there is an issuance of PTC now, then it might be an illegal issuance or a fake one ;Q

i remember that there is a news few months ago that there are 5-PTC's which was being declared as fakes. i really can't remember the I.D numbers but it's in sequence, like 0001-0005.

nevertheless thanks bro for the info. that "getting the gun safety seminar will give you the privilege of getting a PTC more easier".

thanks again man and have a nice weekend.
mikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:19   #16
julianz
toxic master

Gun safety seminar and exam i would suggest to take it madali lang naman mahirap lang yon sa di sanay bumasa. Neuro, Drug test and DI let the shopes do it for you , para kung may agimat ka sa dugo lusot ka. and dont forget the local clearances 1 day tapos yon.
julianz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 22:19   #17
aztig
Team Lead

Just got my new Taurus unit bought at Clip Merchandizing down in Pasig ( Near Capitolyo). They process my license (non appearance) for 5k and got it for 14 days. They place safe or I might say they are just being reallistic that my plastic ID will be release within 4months time.
aztig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 03:00   #18
julianz
toxic master

license

aztig,
plastic license for 4 months mabilis pa yan got mine after 9 months door to door delivery, then again it depends on how good a gunstore liase with FED.
julianz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 19:52   #19
gunfool

Quote:
Originally posted by aztig
Just got my new Taurus unit bought at Clip Merchandizing down in Pasig ( Near Capitolyo). They process my license (non appearance) for 5k and got it for 14 days. They place safe or I might say they are just being reallistic that my plastic ID will be release within 4months time.
Dre, could you please give me the contact number of this gun shop. Seems their charge is quite fair. I went yesterday to Practical Shooters Supply, store is along Dr. A. Santos Ave. in Sucat Paranaque and inquire for non appearance process. Damn, they are charging 8K. Name of the guy there is Monjun Castaneda, just don't know if he is the owner.
gunfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 20:41   #20
aztig
Team Lead

@julianz: I hope they were right that my plastic ID will be "release with in 4mos" wish ko lang. but its fine for me since the yellow temp license serve same purpose.

@gunfool: bro, I will give you the number and contact person when I get home.
aztig is offline   Reply With Quote