SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-10-2004, 20:36   #1
actionpup
Psycho Pup!

Best Nordic Track Treadmill?

I am looking at purchasing a treadmill tomorrow and wondered if anyone had any experience with any of the Nordic Track Treadmills from Sears? I would appreciate any feedback from any of you who have hands on experience with these treadmills. I now run only around 1.5 miles a day (on country roads during good weather) or work out on my Nordic Track cross country skier. I want to increase the run to around three miles a day over the next few months and run everyday regardless of weather. I have no intention of running any marathons so is there any reasons to go with the higher end treadmill?
Thanks in advance,
apup
Old 09-13-2004, 14:39   #2
AirMountainMan

Send a message via AIM to AirMountainMan
I used to design those for Icon Health and Fitness. All of the proform, lifestyler, and nordictrac treadmills come from the same place.

I would pay special attention to the belt length the longer belts are better. I would get the treadmill with the larger diameter rollers. Compare the workout features and see if you like what they have to offer. I like the hill workouts and some of the other random workouts on mine (nordictrac).

If I was buying I would make them pull the hood off and take a look inside and compare the strenght of the lift assemblies. I Know what I am looking at seeing as I designed them for 3 years.

I hope that was helpful.

Scott
AirMountainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 16:36   #3
actionpup
Psycho Pup!

Scott,
Thanks for the information. I ended up ordering the E2500 Nordic Track Treadmill. I hope it is a sturdy model that will hold up under regular use. Instead of buying from Sears I went straight to Icon Health and Fitness. Thanks again for the info.

BTW, what are you doing now? Still designing sports equipment? That sounds really interesting.

Thanks again,
apup
Old 09-14-2004, 09:46   #4
AirMountainMan

No problem and good luck with that. I have a NordicTrack treadmill. The price was right (freeninetyfree). Another group had designed it but the EE's were having some problems with the heart monitor. We had to make a mod to elimite mag noise. When it was all said and done the treadmill went home with me.

I do not like treadmills and rarely use it. My wife says she does...LOL. Even in the winter I prefer sweats and a beenie hat to stay warm and I hit the road jack. As long as I bundle up and make sure I get out after the snow plow it is great.

Best of luck to you

Scott
Old 09-14-2004, 16:15   #5
actionpup
Psycho Pup!

Too funny. I live out in the country and have some beautiful sights to enjoy while running. The only bad part is all of the dogs. Everyone has one and nearly no one keeps them in a fence or on a line. I have to run with a staff and have literally had to hold them at bay with the staff as I attempt to negotiate around them. I haven't had to thump any of them in the head yet but have come close. I look forward to a break from the dogs...
Thanks again for your informed help,
apup
Old 09-14-2004, 20:51   #6
AirMountainMan

No problem on the reply. If you fill a water bottle with vinegar it is a great deterent. Instead of drinking it of course you just spray a little the the dog's face. They do not like that much.

Good luck with you treadmill.

Scott