Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-10-2012, 21:04   #1
samuse

P2000 vs Glock 19 range report.

I've seriously been considering a P2000 with the S/A D/A trigger with the decocker on the back of the slide because I honestly like a D/A first pull on a serious use gun.

I shot the P2000 a few times and just wasn't impressed. I felt like I could shoot the G-19 much faster and more accurately.

Today I shot the G-19 and P2000 side by side, on the same targets, same distances, same ammo, same drills.

Naturally the first shot is perceived to be a little slower, but the difference is only a couple of tenths when I get my press-out right, which is not too difficult. I always thought the H&K trigger sucked compared to a Glock but I honestly didn't notice the trigger when shooting on the clock.

I'm still having trouble warming up to the H&K mag release but I was pleasantly surprised to find that my practical accuracy and speed was pretty much the same with both. I could consistantly shoot the P2000 a little more accurately during slow-fire.

I don't know squat about H&Ks but after today, I'm definitely going to pick one up.

What kind of maintenance/spring/part replacement intervals are recommended on a 9mm P2000?

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.

Last edited by samuse; 06-10-2012 at 22:14.. Reason: tenths, not hundredths...
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:50   #2
majette

the mag release is great once you get used to it. you keep your grip on the gun and use just the trigger finger to manipulate it. shooting on the clock shows the da/sa gives up nothing to a striker fired trigger, its all about learning the platform.

maintenance at 20k is the trigger rebound spring, the flat spring (basically it is in the trigger assembly) and the recoil spring assembly.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 22:12   #3
samuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by majette View Post
the mag release is great once you get used to it. you keep your grip on the gun and use just the trigger finger to manipulate it. shooting on the clock shows the da/sa gives up nothing to a striker fired trigger, its all about learning the platform.

maintenance at 20k is the trigger rebound spring, the flat spring (basically it is in the trigger assembly) and the recoil spring assembly.
Wow. So nothing until 20K? Cool.

I just need practice on the mag release. I kept flipping the gun and hitting the mag release with my thumb like I do on a normal one. A few times I got it right doing it with my trigger finger, but it's tough. My trigger finger has a strong urge to index on the slide!

I've never had a problem getting hits with a DA first pull. Someone on Brian Enos' forum once said that the the guys who can't learn two trigger pulls... Were probably the same kids who were eating crayons and glue [in school].

Quote:

Last edited by samuse; 06-10-2012 at 22:17..
Old 06-11-2012, 06:42   #4
SGT_Calle

Any reason for the P2000 over the P30?
I only ask because I really like the P30, lol. I may pick one up to compliment my HK45c.
SGT_Calle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:01   #5
samuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
I only ask because I really like the P30, lol. I may pick one up to compliment my HK45c.

I haven't looked at a P30. Is it as concealable as the P2000?

Is there any functional or quality difference between the H&Ks?

Quote:
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47   #6
cowboy1964

The P30 is a bit longer in the grip but has more adjustability in the grip panels. Otherwise they are very similar. I have a P30 but am considering either a P2000 or USPc for easier concealment.

As far as "learning two triggers", it's not that simple. It's difficult to maintain a high skill level unless one sticks exclusively with one system. If you want to go DA/SA, fine, but that better be what you shoot 99% or 100% of the time if you want to be the best you can be. Having a consistent trigger from one pull to the next is just one less thing to worry about IMO. So is eliminating the decocker. For HKs there is always the LEM trigger.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 06-11-2012 at 10:48..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:03   #7
Clusterfrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
The P30 is a bit longer in the grip but has more adjustability in the grip panels. Otherwise they are very similar. I have a P30 but am considering either a P2000 or USPc for easier concealment.

As far as "learning two triggers", it's not that simple. It's difficult to maintain a high skill level unless one sticks exclusively with one system. If you want to go DA/SA, fine, but that better be what you shoot 99% or 100% of the time if you want to be the best you can be. Having a consistent trigger from one pull to the next is just one less thing to worry about IMO. So is eliminating the decocker. For HKs there is always the LEM trigger.
Or just carry it in condition 1...
Old 06-11-2012, 12:44   #8
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
Or just carry it in condition 1...
Not a viable option with the P2000.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 13:04   #9
Clusterfrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Not a viable option with the P2000.
Yup. That's one of the reasons I don't own one.
Old 06-11-2012, 13:29   #10
gtmtnbiker98

Install an extended magazine release and your mag release issues will be greatly reduced. That's one of the most sought after upgrades post purchase of the USPc and P2000 Series pistols.
gtmtnbiker98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30   #11
Gary1911A1

Some have put a lighter mainspring in their P2000 to lighten the DA pull. I put a 12# in mine I think. It was the one that was one pound lighter than the factory and I've had no misfires and the DA is lighter. I like mine and it has replaced my Sig 228 for carry. I carry mine in a Shaggy with leather backing for comfort. Good pistol like all HKs'.
Gary1911A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 17:56   #12
ca survivor

look at the USPc it has the option of carrying in condition 1
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 19:18   #13
Clusterfrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
look at the USPc it has the option of carrying in condition 1
Love mine. 13 years. No failures.
Old 06-13-2012, 00:26   #14
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
I haven't looked at a P30. Is it as concealable as the P2000?

Is there any functional or quality difference between the H&Ks?
No, not really. The grip of the P30 is kinda big for a CCW.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:57   #15
majette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsurfboard View Post
No, not really. The grip of the P30 is kinda big for a CCW.
highly subjective. i am average height and build and i carry only full sized pistols, either my usp or 1911. i have a good gun belt, good holsters (at least 3 for each pistol), and dress appropriate for carry. it is a system that works for me whether i wear a loose tank top and shorts or a suit. not a one fits all approach but an approach to make it all fit.

any HK model will serve you well, no difference in performance or long term reliability.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:41   #16
cowboy1964

Yes grip length is highly subjective. For me anything over 5" starts to print badly when I bend over or even sit in certain positions, etc. The P30 is 5.5", basically the same as a Glock 17. I could get away with it and just accept an occasional print. OTOH the Glock 26 NEVER prints.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 06-13-2012 at 11:42..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 13:30   #17
FL-obiwan

I have a P2000LEM, a USPcLEM and a G19. The only real difference is the grip angle and the weight. I shoot the H&Ks a lot and really like the LEM. There's nothing to remember or forget. Point and shoot. Finger off the trigger and it's safe. Exactly like the Glock. As for the mag release, I find that if I use both my thumb and middle finger simultaneously the release is both sure and fast.

Caption on Avatar: "Jihad this!"
FL-obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 17:04   #18
Ranger45

I've been very fond of my USPc. It shares EDC rotation with my G19.
Ranger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:51   #19
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
I prefer the P30.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 18:34   #20
PancakeOfDoom

i really liked my g19, but i'm in a position to where I'll need to be using a p2000 LEM. The p30 feels like g19 size to me, so I'll probably get that when I don't want to/have to carry the p2000.

the LEM trigger is different than the glock obviously, but I actually like it better at long distances, and up close I don't notice any speed difference. The glock is probably faster in theory due to the reset, but I'm not one of those people that can take advantage of it consistently (although I'm sure many can, due to training with it, just not me personally).

The P2000 feels better in the hand, and the mag release is actually pretty nice IMO once you get used to it.
PancakeOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote