SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2004, 20:06   #1
vi9er
how now mad cow

PS2 problems

Hiya everybody. I am having a problem. My PS2 is no longer reading the majority of my DVDs. It will play some of the older ones, and I have 3 backups of my most played movies that it will play, but it won't play most of my original DVD movies. Anybody got any ideas?

Ed
Old 10-02-2004, 20:11   #2
powernoodle

I don't know about that particular problem, but if it requires repair, Sony will quote you a repair cost then probably tell you they will waive the cost and do it for free. They want your machine to work so you'll keep buying games, and dont want you to use this opportunity to switch to a competitor. That was my experience, anyway.

best regards
powernoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 17:17   #3
popnfresh
dauernd wachsam

Send a message via Yahoo to popnfresh
The Screen Savers had an article/fix on this problem, I can't find it now, due to their crappy G4 takeover, maybe if you look harder you can find it. Try googling PS2 dic read error.

The fix had something to do with adjusting a gear or something.

I bought a new vcr/dvd player so I never looked into fixing the PS2, it plays games fine.
popnfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:13   #4
Harlequin
I need a weapon

After you get the repair quote, and in case they don't do it for you for free, check into the new PS2+ systems. Gamestop and EBGames have trade-in deals where you can get the new system for half the price.

The new PS2 really doesn't have anything amazing, but if you watch DVDs on it, there's one feature you might like. The remote control software and IR receiver are built in now. No more plugging anything into one of your controller ports. It also has the network connection built in for online play and supports progressive scan technology.
Big Dawg #1254: G21 and G30
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times) speaking in Portland, Oregon, when asked by a girl how to react when a shooter takes aim at a classmate
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 16:46   #5
Anon1

I've fixed a few of them. What exactly are the symptoms? How electro-mechanically inclined would you be?
Anon1 is offline   Reply With Quote