Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:28   #1
MissileCop
OCD Baker

$#@^$%^ Cat!

damn, damn, DAMN!!!!

I just went through 20 minutes of ever increasing panic!!!! It also didn't help knowing that Miss Piggy had dental work on Tuesday.

I realized that I hadn't had a visit from Miss Piggy (one of my three tiny terrors) this morning when I was still in bed, nor did I see her when I fed the kitties this morning. Not at all normal. So I went looking. Couldn't find her upstairs, couldn't find her downstairs. Called her name several times, and got no response. Looked over the house again. Grabbed my flashlight to check nooks and crannies. Checked the armoire, closets, kitchen cabinets. Nothing.

Shot downstairs again, and flashlighted every nook and cranny that was easily accessible to her. Even went into a section that I had blocked off since she had been leaving me presents in that area at one time. Called her name, checked, didn't see anything, didn't hear anything. Checked in the small 7X10 room in the back of the basement where I have some shelving for ammo, and firearms related accessories. Tucked in the back of the second shelf, half disappeared in a box, there's Miss Piggy, fast asleep.

Damn cat!!!! I think I just gave up ten years of my life during that panic attack. All the time thinking, "Cats don't JUST disappear!" She got a serious verbal admonishing, and a loving patting for scaring the crap out of me.

All right, I had to get that out of my system. It's not even 11:00 a.m., and it's a very rare thing for me, but dammit, I need a beer. I'm off to destress.
I simply replied that I wanted to ensure that I could protect my child from people who would wish to harm her and that now that she weighs 60 pounds picking her up and beating someone to death with her isn't as easy as it used to be. So I own guns instead.- MrsKey
MissileCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:44   #2
Glockgirl26

Sympathy...

Mine has done that to me, too. 99% of the time, when I come home from somewhere, she greets me at the front door, so if she doesn't I wonder why. Well, one night my boyfriend and I came home, Moe was nowehere to be found. My house is small, we searched all over, calling her, looking in closets and cupboards, under the bed, etc. Nothing. Tried shaking the treat can, usually guaranteed to bring her out. Nothing. Went upstairs for another search. Nothing. Went to go back downstairs, and there she sat at the bottom of the stairs, with the most innocent "What the heck are you guys doing?" look on her face. Still haven't figured out where her hiding spot is.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:11   #3
S2nd
One happy cat

You know you love `em

My furball found the perfect hiding spot inside the pool table, where I can't get to him :( The joke's on him though, because I know the perfect way to get him out... I pretend I don't care, he gets starved for attention, then he comes out. Muhahahaha! It works every time!
Old 10-01-2004, 21:34   #4
MrsKitty

After 8 years, I have yet to find my Miss Kitty's mystery hidey hole :( In another 8 years, I probably won't have found it either ;g
Old 10-03-2004, 18:45   #5
nhglocker

It's important to know where your furry friends like to hide. Animals instictively hide off when they are sick/hurt. I remember when my all time favorite cat growing up went missing. I knew Sammy wasn't doing well in the end as he was rather old. I looked for over two hours and eventually found him well hidden in the basement and obviously in a great deal of pain. I hate the thought of any animal suffering.

RIP little buddy ;1

Glad to hear your kitty was OK MissileCop.
Old 10-03-2004, 22:27   #6
tony4311

lol mine did the same thing to me the first day she was left home alone as a kitten. Although I'm in an apt so it didn't take me quite as long to lookg through the whole place.

After looking through the place twice I found her staring right at me.

:sorry for the pic size, the res setting was set wrong:
tony4311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 19:51   #7
MissileCop
OCD Baker

Dang cat scared me again !!!

Yesterday morning, I'm getting ready for work, and grabbing the toothbrush to brush my teeth. I look up into the mirror and see a pair of eyes looking back at me. ;P Mind you, this is at 5 a.m., and I'm not even close to being fully awake. I spin around, to find Miss Piggy sitting in the bathtub, innocently looking back at me. And just like the basement, she's in a spot that I've never found her in before.

She's messing with me, you know. ;g This is her payback for me taking her to the vets last week for her dental surgery, and for making her take her oral anti-biotics. Eeeeevil Kitty! And yet so lovable. ;f

tony4311, it's nice to see that my cat wasn't the only one to do that. A little shocking to go grab the mouse, and find a pair of eyes looking back at you! LOL Cute kitty. But aren't they all?
I still haven't figured out how mine got in between the desk and keyboard tray. Damn little contortionist.
I simply replied that I wanted to ensure that I could protect my child from people who would wish to harm her and that now that she weighs 60 pounds picking her up and beating someone to death with her isn't as easy as it used to be. So I own guns instead.- MrsKey
MissileCop is offline   Reply With Quote