Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-19-2004, 00:49   #1
AUG

Pentax K1000

My dad gave me a Pentax K1000 that he purchased about 1975. It has had about 5 rolls of film shot in it in it's life. Can anyone advise what this is worth if I were to sell it? My dad actually told me to sell it if it was worth anything because he nor I know anything about photography.
AUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:14   #2
BigDog

It should be worth $100-$200 with a lens. Maybe more if it is in the shape you say. The K1000 is actually a very desirable camera. It has held its value better than anything without an Nikon, Leica or Hassleblad nameplate. Might even be worth keeping.
BigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 20:25   #3
BillOH

I'm still using the Pentax K-1000 I bought new around 1975. It's a great camera.

Having said that I am considering a digital camera.

Bill
BillOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:50   #4
General Sherman

Check out these prices:

http://www.keh.com/shop/product.cfm?...d&crid=9154834

Remember the heros of United flight 93 including Georgine Corrigan. "Lets roll"
General Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 19:43   #5
Glock-und-spiel

K1000

The K1000 is sought after by photography students and teachers because it is completely manual (other than having a built-in light meter) It probably is worth more to you as a camera than what you can get for it. The best way to see what people are willing to pay is to check an auction site. KEH will also buy from you, but they won't give much. I used to have 3 Pentax bodies (an LX, and 2 MX's) They are not professional quality (NIKON, CANON, LEICA) and I had a lot of trouble with my LX, I traded it for a clean Nikon F body and felt like I got the good end of the deal. The damn think let me down on a trip to England!!! I should have left it at the Tower for punisment!!

f64,

Dwight
Old 11-24-2004, 21:15   #6
kilroy2721

I bought my first camera in high school while taking a photography class it was a Pentax K1000. I sold it long ago but sometimes I still wish I had it. It was a very dependable camera and I learned a lot from using it.
Old 11-24-2004, 22:43   #7
jolly roger

K1000 was the first one I learned on. Also took one heck of a lot of crime scene photos with one. We still have a few on a shelf in our PD in case the "plastic" cameras have a problem. We use Nikon N80s and Nikon 5700s now. Good stuff, but the funny thing is I have seen more lousy photos from the whiz bang auto focus cameras than I ever did with the K1000s, Canon AE1s and Canon A1s. Those babies MADE you pay attention to every shot. I still use an old Canon A-1 often.
jolly roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:20   #8
RugerFan58

Quote:
Originally posted by General Sherman
Check out these prices:

http://www.keh.com/shop/product.cfm?...d&crid=9154834
Thanks for the link. I've got an old Canon AT-1 that I'll look up on that link when I can get it to work. Nice old camera I can use as a beater until I get a digital. Years ago I owned a SP1000 Pentex. The person I sold it to still uses it to this day.;c
Old 03-18-2005, 00:24   #9
Cooper

last fall i was working on my portfolio, shooting things way out in the boonies. most of the sites required hiking, wading, climbing, crawling. lot of sweat, a little blood, and by the end of the semester i had shot 1300 frames. all on a K1000. <a target=blank href=http://www.unca.edu/~cdcooper>link</a>

a few days ago i was documenting an island i found in the middle of a river and dropped the camera in the sand. completely coated the top/back of the camera. <a target=blank href=http://www.unca.edu/~cdcooper/K1Ksandweb.jpg>(here's a pick)</a>

i thought, well, that's it. DOA. surely it will lock up and never work again. i racked the film advance and it felt a little gritty. and then took my next shot . . . and the next one . . . and the next one . . . six rolls later, i waded back off the island. some of the best pictures i've taken were on those rolls, and any other camera wouldn't have taken them.

hang on to that camera. you will never need another.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:51   #10
spober

they sell for 100-200 bucks.thats more than they cost new.problem is they might give you 50 bucks for yours maby ?id keep it.
spober is offline   Reply With Quote