Cleaning infected machines without an installed antivirus software
1. Download the Sysclean Package from a clean or uninfected machine.
2. Create a temporary folder (e.g., c:\temp) and copy SYSCLEAN.COM into this folder. This temporary folder should be on a local or mapped drive.
3. Download the latest pattern file. Extract the downloaded ZIP pattern file into the created folder.
4. Extract the pattern file into the same folder.
5. Run the SYSCLEAN.COM executable file.
Note: This fix tool generates the SYSCLEAN.LOG log file, in its current folder. This tool will also take care of memory resident viruses and clean all the viruses remaining such as registry entries, dropped files, and processes utilized by the malware.
If you are not a Trend Micro customer please download the following file.
Sysclean Package 2.1MB
MD5 checksum: 63649AEBAC673CB2B3BE5A7E8A7F8111
For instructions on how to use this package, consult the "How to Use" section of the readme file, readme_sysclean.txt. This file also contains the description and the different features of this package.
Note that for the Trend Micro Sysclean Package to be effective, you must download and place the latest pattern file in the same folder as the Trend Micro Sysclean Package.
Read this (print it out so you can read while putzing with your computer)